Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

sonoma.png

The Circuit

The Sonoma Circuit, formerly known as the Infineon Raceway, sees the FNGTC enter its final championship stage. Three races to go, and it’s all to play for; @Andrew Holmes leads @Ben Milden in the title race by just two points with the final three events coming up; it’s Mercedes-Benz vs. Aston Martin in the title chase. The circuit is very tricky, with lots of different variables. The track undulates significantly through sector one, and with high kerbs that easily affect cars’ balance, it’s going to be a tricky event. There aren’t many overtaking opportunities here, so Qualifying is crucial to the outcome of the race. Despite the lack of overtaking spots, there are many places where drivers can make mistakes. Who will win this chapter of the FNGTC’s inaugural championship?

Last Time Out – Road America
It was a relatively easy drive for race winner @Andrew Holmes last time out at the Road America circuit. He managed an impressive last minute lap in Qualifying to produce second place on the starting grid, after @Junique_talent took pole. The lights went out and Holmes got away well, Stevens slipped down the order while Dominic and Gareth moved up. The order after turn one was: Holmes, Dominic, Gareth, Adam, Julian. The first lap is always hard with the close cars, as Gareth found out when his Audi understeered onto the kerbs at turn 6, spitting him across the track, into the wall and out of the race. Adam and Julian got caught in the melee, which put them way down the order. Dominic and Holmes were locked in stalemate, waiting to bite the bit between their teeth when the other attacked. But fortunately for Holmes, through the fog and cold conditions, the attack never came, and Holmes secured his sixth win of the season. @Dominic Ollivierre was second and @Jblackness1990 was an amazing third to score his first FNGTC podium!

Press Conference
Q: Do you like this circuit?
Q: Over the course of a week, do you prepare more for Qualifying or Race?
Q: Does your car suit this circuit?
Q (@Andrew Holmes and @Ben Milden only): How do you approach these last races?

Press Conference
The middle and last sectors a good to drive, not so much the first though.

Depends how the car feels to be fair, if it feels good in one aspect I’ll put more work into the other.

Q: Does your car suit this circuit?
Not really, especially not the first sector.

Q (@Andrew Holmes and @Ben Milden only): How do you approach these last races?
For me with caution; this is about consistently scoring all the points available. I believe I can win at least one more race this season, and I personally think that Adam and Ben can too. I aim to finish either in front of Ben or only one place behind him at the remaining American rounds, and then to win at Le Mans.

Press Conference
Nope! :confused::poop:

Neither, focusing on next season :cool:.

Q:
Does your car suit this circuit?
Probably, but my driving style doesn't :cry:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 37 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%