Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Kevin Kirkbride/Ch1ps N Queso/TBD

Hello, gents. I'm not sure if my schedule will afford me the time to do the whole series, but I'd like to take part in this race if you have room. If you reach capacity, feel free to boot me for someone that is going to be around for the full championship.

I'll test the cars tonight and edit this post with my selection. Alternatively, I may just choose the one no one is going after.

Been trying to download the drivers for the TX wheel to update the firmware for ages! I have installed/uninstalled five times with no luck.:poop: Following the guide and I don't have any control panel or update tabs in my documents, wheel also connected when it told me too. I give up today, try again tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Kevin Kirkbride/Ch1ps N Queso/TBD

Hello, gents. I'm not sure if my schedule will afford me the time to do the whole series, but I'd like to take part in this race if you have room. If you reach capacity, feel free to boot me for someone that is going to be around for the full championship.

I'll test the cars tonight and edit this post with my selection. Alternatively, I may just choose the one no one is going after.

Great to have you! And thanks for the tips last week about your experiences with Multi-player. I have been lurking around the public lobbies at night at have found some races where as many as 13 people start a race and seem to remain stable throughout. Granted, the races are short and it's still not full. The drops didn't seem to indicate "disconnected" but instead said "left the game" so hopefully that meant by choice. I'll post a video later on.

We will start a party chat to which everyone will be invited and then go to the track. This may help mitigate the demands on those crappy servers we seem to be subject to. SMS has basically danced around the issue, but they have to be aware of it.

Been trying to download the drivers for the TX wheel to update the firmware for ages! I have installed/uninstalled five times with no luck.:poop: Following the guide and I don't have any control panel or update tabs in my documents, wheel also connected when it told me too. I give up today, try again tomorrow.:thumbsup:

I had some problems with this too. If you got your wheel recently, you are probably already good to go, so I would not sweat it too much. But, yea, my control panel would only pop up after I hit the buttons in sequence on the wheel and then plugged it into the USB. And it was patchy then....

I've also noticed that public lobbies seem to be more stable than private. Doesn't make any sense. Perhaps some don't have a mic connected or they're in party chat with others, therefore limiting the strain.

I personally wouldn't risk having anyone in game chat for your event. We've had about 8-10 mass user races, only 1 of them was completed from practice to checkered flag using game chat (only 8 people in the race though).

Getting ready to test some cars. What is the weather going to be? There is no "real weather" setting in the console version of the game (not sure about PC).

We go by what the weather was at the event itself. If there was two or three, then the longest one. At Silverstone, they list the track conditions as "drying" so I think it was wet to start. Problem is, I still have not figured out how to work the weather system. I does not seem to respond in like manner to the many different forum suggestions. Ideally, we would start the race a little wet after dry qualifying. Problem is, we have a 30 min. practice in between. And I think the blocks of weather roughly equal one hour, so there is no good way to do this except that I may 2x the weather and throw in the third block as light rain just to have some effect. They probably had to deal with about 1/2 of an hour of wet track, since it was raining during warmup. Anyone actually see it?

What steering rotation does everyone use for there wheels?
I am using 900, but don't believe you can change this for each car, tried the Formula B last night and it was just impossible to drive with the 900 degrees.

I have never been happy with the rotation in this game, not sure what to change. Also changing the steering ratio in car setup doesn't change anything for me.
Maybe I should change the steering rotation to 540 or less?

I also use 900 degrees simply because I have to do so many game resets of the wheel that it defaults to that. I find that if you dial the steering Lock down enough in the individual car settings, then 900 works fine. In fact, it sort of mimics what the real car does, since road cars require much more rotation, etc.

Make a separate profilo in the Logitech profiler(or whatever wheel/software you are using), set it to 900/max and tick the box that allows the game to make changes. Game will then automatically alter the steering lock to match the car. GT3's have about 720, DTM one had about 360 in an online session, however when i tried something else, it had more. It's a bit bugged I think and I always run a car i'm about to race online in free practice first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Practice for real racing

• Community and simracers

Back