Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Rules and Regulations

On Track

• Drivers must respect the track limits at all times during official sessions.
  • Drivers must respect other drivers on track.
  • Drivers must only make an overtaking move when it is likely contact will not be made.
  • Drivers must obey all rules and flags.
  • During practice / qualifying, drivers who are on a hot lap must turn on their lights.
  • During practice / qualifying, drivers not on a hot lap must give way to drivers who are.
  • During the race, at least one mandatory pit stop must be made for a change of tyres.
  • During the race, if there is a mass disconnect, the race will be rescheduled.
  • There must be at least ten participants for each race to go again.
  • The weather system will run: Dry > Dry > Random.
Teams and Drivers
  • The driver line-up may not change after the season has started.
  • Drivers will not be allowed to change cars after the season has started.
  • Both drivers in a team must use the same car with a similar livery.
  • Team names may be changed once per season.
Forums
  • Participants must not use offensive language.
  • Participants must not disrespect others on the forum.
  • Participants must end discussion of a certain topic if asked by admin.

Last edited:
Well, no great progress made there.. just half a second knocked off. Should have got down into the low 22's at least but kept messing up that chicane leading on to the pit straight, its giving me palpatations lol. Lost time there pretty much every lap. Seems much tighter than I have found before and those kerbs are a killer :O_o:.

Looks like i'll be relying on the rest of you guys taking lumps out of each other to give me a chance of moving up the placings ;)

I found the same thing and noticed the same thing...and how sweet it is, because it is more like I remember. One thing that always helps me is following a faster ghost. Another is watching the A.I. from hood cam. Both give me good ideas about new lines. The last chicane I learned you basically have to stay off the kerbs, or just barely let the first one point you toward the second (while blip of the throttle in between) and avoid the second entirely. That one is a killer. :O_o:. If I can get to a 1:20.2 I know you can.

There were 11 guys in Skype for three races straight at Zolder with no problems. But I understand that individual connections vary. I think it's no more taxing on the system that party chat (close everything else) but I'm not 100% sure. In any case, dividing parties into two seems to be the best option right now. If that's even required. We seem to hit right around 8 or so, which allows us the luxury of party chat. I was just trying to thing of what if....

it's ok guys, i figured that i'll just use your gearbox to slow me down.... ;)

i'll do some laps tonight without it, i already have my breaking points but i have to get used to not seeing the line, mid corner it's where i fear it's gonna be tricky.

can we share our lap times or we will keep that info as classified until the race? hehehe

it's ok guys, i figured that i'll just use your gearbox to slow me down.... ;)

i'll do some laps tonight without it, i already have my breaking points but i have to get used to not seeing the line, mid corner it's where i fear it's gonna be tricky.

can we share our lap times or we will keep that info as classified until the race? hehehe
I'll be happy to share my lap times buddy but have not turned a lap there yet. We have the GT3 race on Saturday and I've got F1 on Sunday and then will start to prepare for this one. I'll get back to you on lap times as soon as I've got something to report :thumbsup:

My self and @Adam Morris ride for the first season of Gt3 racing

image.jpg

GT3 S1.png

Here is the Event Calendar for Season One of this league. It begins on Friday the 31st 2015 at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya for the Driver Evaluation Test which means all new sign-ups to the league must be present. This is a mandatory event. From then on there are nineteen races, including a double length, double points race at the Le Mans 24 Heures circuit at the end of the season. In the races, drivers must make a mandatory pit stop, any driver who does not do this will be handed a penalty. All events will be hosted by Andrew Holmes (AMH_Racing). Every driver must have all the other drovers as friends on PlayStation Network in case of an invite issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Porsche

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • BMW

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • McLaren

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 7 14.9%