Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I see. FM6 will always be a wait and see for me, but it's usually a buy. Physics have always been its downfall, but FM5 was a step in the right direction. Still quite a large deadzone (artificial and not changeable, I don't think) in the middle of the wheel, but the margins feel good. You can really feel better slip angle, loss of traction, and road feel through the cars' tires. Things like turbo lag and gear changes are better implemented also. Even better than project cars in these areas, but the adjustiaility is nowhere near pCARS and the ffb has very limited adjustments. The cars feel loose in the middle and heavy on the edges. And the subtle differences are not all that well defined between cars, although they are better than FM4. Tracks are not as accurate as pCARS. Hopefully that will get better too, because God knows they can make a pretty game.

Gilles is my favorite driver of all times, then is Senna and then Button. I sincerely hate Alonso and Hamilton and when I was young and felt invincible, I had a little something of Maldonado.... But 2 flips and a my kart bouncing off my hip changed that. After that I became a Mexican version of Prost! Hahaha
Any how... Lap times, there's a LOT of time at the second turn... That devious flat corner that push you straight into the sand trap? First, if you guys are using 5 gears I don't know how you're gonna pull it off but you're will be going in 5th gear break enough so you don't spin and go to 4th gear, point the car, maintain the rear grip and as soon as you feel how the grip is changing from understeer to settling, downshift to 3rd... Whaaaat? Well, it will keep your car from understeering and give you that little push to start accelerating. Keep that 3rd gear as little as possible, try to floor it sooner and boom! Second and a half faster.

Reactions: Rob
The short course of the Glen is fun also when you are in a Stock car with 42 other crazies. Not my best track but I like road courses when I'm doing NASCAR. Infineon (Sears Point) is really fun in a stock car probably my favorite US track besides COTA in Austin. Speaking of which I can't believe they left out Circuit of the America's. Disappointing. :(

The short course of the Glen is fun also when you are in a Stock car with 42 other crazies. Not my best track but I like road courses when I'm doing NASCAR. Infineon (Sears Point) is really fun in a stock car probably my favorite US track besides COTA in Austin. Speaking of which I can't believe they left out Circuit of the America's. Disappointing. :(
I had only ever seen videos of the glenn on iracing things on youtube, as a console racer my fav is normally road america, on forza 5 when ever i wanted to try a new car out thats where i would go. COTA i've only ever raced codemasters f1 which obv is never great, love watching the race on tv tho

did my career race last night in gt3 at watkins glenn, such a great track, never really raced it before and even in this game it was first time i did the full track and i love it
Watkins Glenn is one of my favourite tracks from back in the Nascar and Indycar Racing days and then of course Grand Prix Legends which had the Glenn as one of the main tracks as it was still being raced by F1 back in the days that sim was based on. Amazing memories fo some fabulous races there :inlove:

This just on from the PIt Stop Bug thread over on the pCars forums. Great news :):D:thumbsup::-

Today, 14:25#31Mike Laskey
Senior Multiplayer Coder
Originally Posted by Hammerpgh
Can I just clarify then the 'stuck in pits' bug is a recognised issue that is being actively dealt with. That would put a lot of minds to rest i'm sure.

Ok so SteveD repro'd and made a "stuck in pits" fix yesterday. Related to the player car AI controller believing it to be blocked from leaving the pit slot (by another nearby car). Will be in the next title update (and apologies for the bug in the first place of course).

This just on from the PIt Stop Bug thread over on the pCars forums. Great news :):D:thumbsup::-

Today, 14:25#31Mike Laskey
Senior Multiplayer Coder
Originally Posted by Hammerpgh
Can I just clarify then the 'stuck in pits' bug is a recognised issue that is being actively dealt with. That would put a lot of minds to rest i'm sure.

Ok so SteveD repro'd and made a "stuck in pits" fix yesterday. Related to the player car AI controller believing it to be blocked from leaving the pit slot (by another nearby car). Will be in the next title update (and apologies for the bug in the first place of course).
believe it when i see it

Had a nice session this morning and found some of that time that I knew I had been leaving on the table in the first sector. Ironically I did pretty much exactly as you said Gustavo and agree that the second turn is one of the toughest (if not the toughest) on the track. Very deceiving. You feel like you’ve got it right but then the car washes out and you are in the gravel lol.

It’s still tough to get those first two turns right consistently due to the blind nature of them both but when you get it right it feels great. The fast turn 4 (I think they count the kink after turn 2 as a turn) I take flat in 6th now whereas initially I was dropping down a couple of gears and easing off the throttle so that helps in carrying good speed down to the first chicane. I’m ok with the chicanes, although I am sure I can find a bit more time there but they are too dangerous to take risks with so tend to just make sure I take them cleanly. My new hardest corner is the right-hander before the final chicane. It’s so easy to lose time there and spoil an otherwise really good lap. I’ve tried braking early and taking an early apex and braking later and waiting to get the power down and the latter seems to me to work better and unsettles the car less but I still need some work on it there. The final chicane can also ruin a nicely put together lap, mainly by missing that left-hand apex and spoiling the entry to the final right-hand part leaving you struggling to get the power down early and losing time all the way down the straight. When you put together a really good lap here it feels brilliant because there are so many areas that you can screw up on.

Best time of the session was a 1:26.247 with a potential best of 1:25.344. Pretty happy with that :thumbsup: I probably won’t get another chance to run here before the practice session and just hope that I am able to make it following the day supporting my wife and daughters in their charity run.

Yep, but at least it's now acknowledged and they can nop longer just ignore it and claim it can't be reproduced.

It makes sense as well and I do now believe that my staying in the pits on Saturday did cause the problem of Roberts not being released and previous races also had cars in the pits through mech failures so there is some link there it seems.
Great news. So we actually had a positive influence. Wow. Have to hand it to them. They care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Porsche

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • BMW

Votes: 17 38.6%
  • McLaren

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Toyota

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • Intel

Votes: 5 11.4%