PC3 Project CARS 3 | New Game Announced For Summer 2020 Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

PCARS 3 1.jpg

And it remains to be seen if the game is as impressive as Ian Bell says. I love Shift 2 Unleashed so I will give this one a shot.

Sounds like the same bull coming from him since he started out in this scene. Been dealing (partially in person) with him since the early days (02 I think), always has to come up with reasoning and excuses for his behavior and his games / mods.

will i be banned on here for voicing my opinion about him? Seem to recall that was something that happened a lot over various platforms...(including the wmd forums obviously)

Never ever got the slightest good vibe from that guy.

Sounds like the same bull coming from him since he started out in this scene. Been dealing (partially in person) with him since the early days (02 I think), always has to come up with reasoning and excuses for his behavior and his games / mods.

will i be banned on here for voicing my opinion about him? Seem to recall that was something that happened a lot over various platforms...(including the wmd forums obviously)

Never ever got the slightest good vibe from that guy.

inconceivable that a presumptuous incompetent like him could still have a job.

I love how for years, on any mention even vaguely mentioning the PCars series or even just the Madness engine, simracers cry and whine about how horrible the series is and how it is just a stupid simcade that should never even be mentioned in the same sentence with "real sims".

So now they announce a game that seems to be on the arcade side, and the simracing community whines about how horribly arcadish the game looks, how embarrassing it is for Reiza to make a better game than them and how much of a let down the announcement is.

You really can't blame a developer for apparently not wanting to have anything to do with simracers.

Yes, the behavior of Pc2 is in Automobilista 2 and since the last update the ffb is broken and flat. the physcis engine simply does not work and is not the expected simulation.

Yes, the behavior of Pc2 is in Automobilista 2 and since the last update the ffb is broken and flat. the physcis engine simply does not work and is not the expected simulation.
Absolute load of nonsense. But then, that's not really surprising is it? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the trailer makes it quite obvious what kind of game it's going to be, and it's not for me. I have nothing against these sim-cade street-racery kind of games as they seem to be quite popular, and it might be a better route for the PCars series in the long run. It doesn't seem to be selling itself as a hardcore simulator this time, so perhaps it'll avoid some of the flak received by the previous titles.

Perhaps.

Absolute load of nonsense. But then, that's not really surprising is it? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the trailer makes it quite obvious what kind of game it's going to be, and it's not for me. I have nothing against these sim-cade street-racery kind of games as they seem to be quite popular, and it might be a better route for the PCars series in the long run. It doesn't seem to be selling itself as a hardcore simulator this time, so perhaps it'll avoid some of the flak received by the previous titles.

Perhaps.
load of nonsense? uhmmm let's see

Ams 2 continues to have that characteristic behavior where cars revolve around a central axis

Many vehicles have an oversteer and half the corner without throttle just needs to do a steering leveling and magically the vehicle straightens up
also pc2 behavior

There is no understeer at the under throttle limit just release your throttle and you will get a grip again

The cars have a buoyancy feeling and a tendency to drift at high speeds, lack of aerodynamics (behavior also of Pc2

Since the last update it is ffb it is simply broken, it is a little detailed plan of the track, inertia, etc.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 264 67.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 175 45.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 187 48.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 82 21.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 105 27.0%
Back