PC3 Project CARS 3 | New Game Announced For Summer 2020 Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly Mad Studios have dropped their first reveal trailer for Project CARS 3 - also confirming the game will be available on console and PC this summer.

With two and a half years having passed since Project CARS 2 hit the public stores back in September 2017, Slightly Mad Studios have undergone quite a bit of change, having teamed up with Codemasters and announced their Fast and Furious arcade racer.

Well, the team are back again this year it seems, with the third instalment of the Project CARS franchise due to drop in just a few short months.

Not much is known about the new game at this stage, however the announcement trailer and tweet do suggest maybe a more street car focus for the new title, which is an interesting change of direction from the first two instalments in the franchise.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available.

Project CARS 3 will release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this summer.

Stay tuned for the upcoming Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment - a great place to discuss this interesting new title with fellow simulation fans.

PCARS 3 1.jpg

load of nonsense? uhmmm let's see

Ams 2 continues to have that characteristic behavior where cars revolve around a central axis

Many vehicles have an oversteer and half the corner without throttle just needs to do a steering leveling and magically the vehicle straightens up
also pc2 behavior

There is no understeer at the under throttle limit just release your throttle and you will get a grip again

The cars have a buoyancy feeling and a tendency to drift at high speeds, lack of aerodynamics (behavior also of Pc2

Since the last update it is ffb it is simply broken, it is a little detailed plan of the track, inertia, etc.
I don't normally respond to trolls, but this has to be asked.

If you hate it so much, why do you keep playing and testing it??? Or are you commenting about an early beta version, and if so your point is moot, as it feels amazing now. If i hated a game so much, i wouldn't bother to continue testing it or playing it, let alone bother wasting time commenting on it.

Last edited:
SAD, SAD, SADZ! This was suppose to be a branch of the PC Pro https://www.projectcarspro.com/ But there is nothing new here. Just like PC1 we went from a grownup nice dark menu to a made for console easy childish menu layout. What is this now, another easy menu refresh? The whole thing seems like a Namco console game port. They better call it PC2 Reshade Wet Candy Edition.

Race sims should have looked like this by now.
Corvette Racing[1].jpg

I don't normally respond to trolls, but this has to be asked.

If you hate it so much, why do you keep playing and testing it??? Or are you commenting about an early beta version, and if so your point is moot, as it feels amazing now. If i hated a game so much, i wouldn't bother to continue testing it or playing it, let alone bother wasting time commenting on it.
Ohh yes, wait a mechanical engineer with experience in physics modification in other simulators like gtr2, rfactor, AMS is a troll. is insult comes first when there are no arguments

Your experience in vehicle physics and dynamics is well known and your experience competing in real vehicles from you or some others like @Martin Fiala

Why do I keep playing? First as a user pay for a simulator is what I want to get. since it is advertised as such

and second saying that everything is fine it will never go forward and I don't like the behavior of the cars

Personally as a hardcore'ish Sim Racer :cool:, I am not this game PC3's target market so possibly not a purchase from me, but it does look great and I think the 'Madness Engine' has improved the look of Codemasters games, so I might keep an eye on reviews etc and how good it feels if Wheel and Pedals are implemented...I may change my mind, who knows :)...besides there is another awesome Sim that is out that WILL fill all my Sim requirements for now and the future that looks similar, if you know what I mean ;)

Last edited:
Should have just called it Shift 3. That trailer shows not a lot to be excited about. Release within a couple of months (if that) and 1 new car on show in a reveal trailer? really?

There are some new cars. Seemed like they have the new Alpine GT4, some sort F-type GT race car, the new 935-like 911 GT2. It seemed like they got Dodge too.

The trailer isn't very good though. I hope the historics and LMPs are still there.

I am really glad that they licensed their engine out to Reiza. As long as Pcars 3 isn't as atrocious and disappointing as Dawn of War 3, I am fine with it.

Also, there is no Dawn of War 3 in Ba Sing Se.

Should have just called it Shift 3. That trailer shows not a lot to be excited about. Release within a couple of months (if that) and 1 new car on show in a reveal trailer? really?
More than one my man, just gotta pay closer attention to the ones that get a frame or two, i.e. the Alpine and Camaro GT4s, which lends itself to a more complete GT4 class

Ohh yes, wait a mechanical engineer with experience in physics modification in other simulators like gtr2, rfactor, AMS is a troll. is insult comes first when there are no arguments

Your experience in vehicle physics and dynamics is well known and your experience competing in real vehicles from you or some others like @Martin Fiala

Why do I keep playing? First as a user pay for a simulator is what I want to get. since it is advertised as such

and second saying that everything is fine it will never go forward and I don't like the behavior of the cars
Why not use your skills then for constructive criticism and assistance over at the Reiza forums, instead of posting what reads like an attack (ohhhh thats right you are an engineer, you don't do communication very well (i know this because i too am an Engineer :) )

The FFB is perfectly fine now (i too had issues early on), and i agree the physics aren't perfect yet, but i think they will get there. It's still in beta, go help them constructively posting the issues over on their forum.

Ok back to the topic at hand. PC3 meh!

Did you guys hear about World Of Speed, another racing game running on Madness Engine essentially Grid on SMS engine

Apparently it was shelved, but I think this is what PCars3 used as a basis.

Very much doubt it was shelved. SMS probably heard about what they were doing and bought the idea off them. They strike me as the type of people who would do that.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 0.8%