PC3 Project CARS 3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Slightly delayed news about a Slightly Mad Studios product - Project CARS 3 is now available to the general public having released on console and PC Thursday 27th August.
  • PCARS 3 available on Xbox, PS4 and PC.
  • Over 200 cars and 120 tracks available.
At long last, following a brief early access period for people who pre-ordered the title, Project CARS 3 has finally released to the wider world - hitting real and virtual stores yesterday (Thursday 27th August) for both console and PC versions of the title.

PCARS 3 Middle.jpg

Representing something of a departure from the original Project CARS franchise, the third instalment of the series places a greater focus on the customisation of both the car and game experience - moving away from the more simulation roots of the original games.

With a loyal fanbase of the original games having mixed feelings about the new direction on the build up to release, it will be very interesting indeed to see how well received the new title is over the coming days and weeks.

PCARS 3 Middle 2.jpg

About the game:

OWN YOUR JOURNEY

• 200+ elite-brand race & road cars
• 120+ global tracks
• Wide set of race conversion kits
• Race to earn Credits & XP
• Buy & own 100s of cars
• Upgrade cars with realistic performance parts
• Customize your car liveries with racing- & community-inspired elements
• Personalize your drivers

FEEL EACH MOMENT

• Fully scalable assists for all skill levels
• Convincing & fun handling
• 24-hour cycle, dynamic all-seasons, all-weather racing
• Unrivalled Controller Experience
• Visceral sense of speed
• Intense crash effects & car-contact
• Enhanced AI

EARN EVERY WIN

• New & deeply engaging career mode
• Battle your way up from weekend warrior to racing legend
• New & compelling Multiplayer and Community Modes
• Fun & exciting Daily Challenges

Project CARS 3 is available now for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions about the sim? Want to share your thoughts and opinions about the latest title with the sim racing community? No worries, head over to the Project CARS 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start up a new thread today!

PCARS 3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Despite my annoyance with all the bluster, if this was a good simcade/arcade title, I'd still buy it. It sounds like it kinda sucks, so I'll pass.

PC1 was rough but intriguing.
PC2 was a marginally improved PC1.
PC3 looks like they've gone in a different direction, but early indications are they didn't quite hit their mark.

Well... the usual train of lies just was discovered a bit sooner this time around since the nerve they had was way up on the scale of bullshitometer...

Its not even a case of being arcade or simulation, its the sheer amount of bugs they do not care about to fix and transport from game to game...

The pattern is:

Hype Hype ( Ton of lies on the mix )
Sell sell
Few minor patches with some bug fixes
Proceed to Next game at full price (and do not fix a gazillion of **** on the process )

PS: Reiza is fighting hard as nails to fix so much crap in the base game its not funny :/

Really enjoying PC3 for what it is and now I am getting my TSXW dialed in more its feeling great :confused: (not Automobilista 2 great, just to be clear ;))
Graphics are fantastic with the right lighting as with most Sims/ Games, although resolution looks slightly less than PC2 and AMS2 and some of the Tracks have that Codemasters color palette / artistic lighting feel to them, the Sierra Cosworth screen shot at Monument Canyon has that look...only my opinion.
...oh yes, loving the Gear change tug on my Wheel when changing through the gears in Sequential :redface:...Raceroom has this as well :thumbsup:
Hoping that Reiza can get hold of some of the car content for AMS2
0 PROJECT CARS 3 at DONINGTON crop copy.jpg
0 PROJECT CARS 3 Multiclass at HAVANA copy.jpg
0a PROJECT CARS 3 CAMARO Z28 at BATHURST copy.jpg
0b PROJECT CARS 3 COSWORTH at MONUMENT CANYON crop copy.jpg
0c PROJECT CARS 3 SUPER TRUCK at KNOCKHILL copy.jpg
0d PROJECT CARS 3 Multiclass ANY crop copy.jpg

Last edited:
Having played PC3 for 13 hours now, as of this post I would have to say it's not that bad on my TSXW Wheel :confused:;)...and while I will mostly stay in the 'Custom Event' section (All Cars / All Tracks), I may give the 'Career Mode' a go sometime.
The only annoying things for me as a 'Single Player' 99% of the time is the AI, this area does need improvement, as it does in most other Sims / Games as well and the optimization is not very good compared to PC2...maybe in a future patch these items will be addressed ;)
1 PROJECT CARS 3 CAMARO Z28 at BATHURST copy.jpg
1a PROJECT CARS 3 SUPER TRUCK at KNOCKHILL copy.jpg
1b PROJECT CARS 3 at DONINGTON crop copy.jpg
1c PROJECT CARS 3 Multiclass ANY copy.jpg
1d PROJECT CARS 3 COSWORTH at MONUMENT CANYON crop copy.jpg
1e PROJECT CARS 3 Multiclass at HAVANA copy.jpg

Last edited:
This is apparently now the official theme song of the sim racing community

anyone else want to join my life boat? Getting massive total war Rome 2 ptsd flash backs here i'd rather not witness something like that again..

*dawns anti flame shield

Last edited:
Did Stephen Baystead do the soundtrack for it? If so then maybe that's the only good thing about it.....
No. They hire a composer from evolution where the music sound like shitty elevator music in pcars 3.

The hell are you talking about Cheese...

Egh_c0HUYAAFnM_.jpg

While different from the previous 2 games, I think the soundtrack is pretty good.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 7 30.4%
Back