Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

Hi, i've made some update to db9, v8 vantage and maserati gts.
I wasn't aware that you were on my modding team. You didn't even talk to anybody on our team about releasing changes to our work. Our original Maserati GTS has yet to be re-released for the new way of adding mods, plus I have some changes I'm making to the model and the physics of the standard car. Yet, here you are changing a few things and releasing "updates".

Even when doing simple conversion like the S2U cars, there are still things that have to change (add wiper masks, make fuel needles work, replace things that are too low poly, wiper animations, recreate original paint colors, etc) and a fair amount of time/effort involved.
You need to talk to the authors of mods before touching their work and releasing some type of modification. Also, you should look to making cars we haven't made already.
If you want a race version of something we made, go back to the source game, choose different body models, cockpit models and make your own conversion with your own physics.

Also, we follow the rules and package S2U conversions with DVD check and here you are releasing things with no game ownership checks.

Seriously, try doing your own mods and stop reworking ours.

Last edited:
we have updated 911 R 2016 to version 1.06 :)
20160515222441_1.jpg

Hey there ! I'm trying to change a motec display on a car. I found that .cpt file was the one that was calling the wanted .bgui file. But is there a way to edit a .bgui to change the ratio of it ? To better incorporate it in the dashboard of the car ?

Any help is welcome :)

In my public folder... https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cy3jl6679k7i1/Public_for_PCARS

I revised translation for Chassis CDFbin to 1.3 to include WeightJacker and TrackBar entries....
Code:
CDFbin
GENERAL SECTION
#[24 5B 5E C8 CD A3 01] WeightJackerRange=({float}x.xx, {float}x.xx, {32bit decimal}0.0)
#[21 B4 AF A9 DF]      WeightJackerSetting={32bit decimal}
#[22 1E 5C 8F 56]      {float}0.001 // Unknown

CDFbin
SUSPENSION SECTION
#[24 34 A8 C5 EB A3 00]LeftTrackbarRange=({float}x.x, {float}x.x, {byte}X)
#[20 69 CB F2 CA]      LeftTrackbarSetting={byte}X
#[24 E6 68 17 75 A3 00]RightTrackbarRange=({float}x.x, {float}x.x, {byte}X)
#[20 AA 2B 55 28]      RightTrackbarSetting={byte}X

Nice one, again :)

I was under the impression I read somewhere that the Xbox discs would allow to pass the disc checks, too, but I couldn't find any information on that. Can someone tell me if this is right or wrong? (S2U and Test Drive Ferrari Legends)

I was under the impression I read somewhere that the Xbox discs would allow to pass the disc checks, too, but I couldn't find any information on that. Can someone tell me if this is right or wrong? (S2U and Test Drive Ferrari Legends)
For the Ferrari 458, using PC or Xbox 360 versions of TDFRL will pass the check.

For the S2U car conversions over to pCars, the PC version(s) of S2U should pass the check. I didn't have an Xbox 360 version of S2U to review the file contents, so there's nothing in place for that.

For anyone that downloaded the RTRX mod, please replace the tiremod.rg with this new one...
Edit: link removed, because we officially updated the mod

There's no problem right now, but the next car we release will add to this file and then the problem will show up.
The revised tiremod.rg changes the line..
# END TYRE PROPERTIES FOR FORD MUSTANG RTR-X ##
to this...
# FINISH TYRE PROPERTIES FOR FORD MUSTANG RTR-X ##
Even though the hashtag is present, the game was seeing the word "END" and stops reading the remainder of the file contents. So, the next set of tyre properties I was adding for our next car was being ignored.

Last edited:
Our next release is going to be a refresh of one of the old, pre-patch 10, mods.

Meanwhile work has begun on this Japanese tuner. It's early days yet but at some point it should be drivable :)
pCARS64 2016-05-25 23-21-38-05.jpg
pCARS64 2016-05-25 23-22-18-79.jpg

Anyone here know where to adjust bump stop stiffness? I have a fast car that wants to smush its face into the ground despite having sub_GT3 level aero and 200nm+ springs with 30mm bumpstops on a 50mm ride height

@Hobbnob
From what has been translated in CDFbin, some of this should be of use for you....
Code:
[21 7F C6 F8 41] BumpStopSpring={decimal}150000 // ***hex string dictating decimal data**
#[22 7F C6 F8 41] BumpStopSpring={float}150000.0 //***Same as above but with float data**

[22 CB 91 F1 63] BumpStopRisingSpring={float}4000000
You'll see that for each corner (4 total)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 8.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 38 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%