Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

@LTC_Mike

Having tried the r34 and all other cars myself as a very competent driver...

The R34 has Nitto tyres which have a ridiculous amount of grip, to the point where the car just drives in an unrealistic fashion... Full speed every corner no problem. i myself swapped the tyres for road variants to get some level of feeling from the car.

If your having ffb issues steering to heavy can't feel loss of grip etc etc... then I suggest removing jack spades and look at the settings in the files he uses. Is basically setup file for lazy people or for those with little knowledge. If you look at the settings in the files you can set those yourself in the main menu for ffb. Then look in per car settings and you can add those per car... with an advantage you can tailor each car to your liking...

Basically all you want is settings on first screen in car to your liking bumps etc , the important thing is to have the g force of the car from around 14-16, then in second screen you want that g force provided by seat of pants (SoP).

Example:

If no bracket comment cant remember off top of my head what it does, google it. These settings I am happy with and just use them as default usually change the volume. Change both volumes to match always.

Spindle

Master scale 26 (master volume)
Fx Scale 86
fz scale 14- 16 (car body g force)
fz scale 92 (bumps)
mz scale 88

SoP

SoP scale 26 (volume)
SoP lateral 90 (forces felt by your body)
SoP Differential 60 (forces felt by your body)

For heavier wheel increase fz Scale, never touch body scale is broken and bugged always leave volume at 0.

Last edited:
To clarify what I am saying Doug's physics are great, the only issue I had so far is that I feel the spoiler on ruf gives too much down force. Having said that is one of my fav cars of any game.

I tested all the cars very thoroughly, where there are issues they are issues within the game. Pcars has the best ffb in all sims in my opinion (for actual car feedback), on the other hand it's complicated and default setup is probably the worst.

Tyres could be a lot better, but if you mod a tyre in my opinion then you give that car unfair advantage unless they all have them so I prefer to stick with tyres already provided. As for the nitto's on the R34 they are a tyre modelled by SMS and are horrible, is like an arcade sim with these on any car that hasn't got twice the power the car was designed for :)

@JDougNY
Thanks man!
Even managed to make a car flip playing with extreme down forces.
Might be a stupid question but how do I enable life trace?
Moreover do these 3 float values corespond to lift in x y z axis ?

Code:
[24 23 EC 21 2A A3 02] FWLiftParams=({float}-0.100, {float}-0.015, {float}0.00002)

P.s Also one thing I noticed hex pattern for body lift is a bit different. You might want to update chasis translation.txt file (although its minor)

Code:
[24 DC 2F 52 E4 A3 02] BodyFore= {float}0.0, {float}-0.060, {float}0.435) // In your file translation
[24 DC 2F 52 E4 83 00] BodyFore= {byte}0, {float}-0.060, {byte}0            //  Actual. Checked in 4 different imported cars// using up to date patch

Last edited:
First let me thank you for doing all those nice portings from S2U. A question: Compared to e.g. the Nissan Skyline R34 Tuner (which I like a lot) this one - and the Lambo Gallardo 2008, too - drive much more like a boat and I don't get the "normal" pCARS feeling of such a modern sports car but more like directing a hoovercraft. Does it have to do with the lack of the Jack Spade tweeks I usually have for all the original stuff or with the modded tire models those cars are equipped with - or maybe something else? And is there something I could do myself - besides coding / hacking the files where I have no clue how to do - to get a better feeling with driving those? Or are those portings just a (quick) first start and will get improved some time, if you are in the mood / have the time / ... ?
For the R34, I should have not made the default tyres the Nitto NT05. They basically turn the car into an arcade experience. Should have made those an available option had had the Mediums as the default.

From what you are writing, it sounds as you prefer the arcade slant. That's fine for you, but that's not how I will design my physics. So, saying that to fix things would be to make the cars drive like arcade game can be taken as an offensive statement made by you.

For the Lambo, the car is known for understeer, plus being AWD (adds to understeer)....just some basic throttle control is all it takes for that car. If you are driving the car way too fast into the corners, then you may have the impression of driving like a boat. The real problem is that you are driving too fast into the corners, it's not with my physics.

On our RUF RT35S, I might have set the rear wing a click too high....again, something people can adjust to taste.

If your issue is FFB, then that has nothing to do with my physics calibrations.

@JDougNY
Thanks man!
Even managed to make a car flip playing with extreme down forces.
Might be a stupid question but how do I enable life trace?
Moreover do these 3 float values corespond to lift in x y z axis ?

Code:
[24 23 EC 21 2A A3 02] FWLiftParams=({float}-0.100, {float}-0.015, {float}0.00002)

P.s Also one thing I noticed hex pattern for body lift is a bit different. You might want to update chasis translation.txt file (although its minor)

Code:
[24 DC 2F 52 E4 A3 02] BodyFore= {float}0.0, {float}-0.060, {float}0.435) // In your file translation
[24 DC 2F 52 E4 83 00] BodyFore= {byte}0, {float}-0.060, {byte}0            //  Actual. Checked in 4 different imported cars// using up to date patch
To enable livetrace, HRDFpersistent has to be forced to run unlocked. Then you activate livetrace in physicstweaker.mrdf (address noted in my translation).
As long as SMS continues to support pCars, I will not provide an unlocker for anything further. Don't want to see more things locked up by SMS as all it does is create more problems.

As far as the Hex string ID's. I note in the translations that the endings of the Hex strings change, based upon the data that follows the strings...
Code:
Some examples of hex string endings are....
A2] = float, float
03 00] = byte, byte, byte
03 02] = byte, byte, float
23 00] = float, byte, byte
83 00] = byte, float, byte
83 02] = byte, float, float
A3 00] = float, float, byte
A3 02] = float, float, float
There are many combinations and it's best that people understand that fact and gain understanding the syntax behind the Hex String ID's.

Hello all,
I'd like to thank you for your great work to get all the S2U cars into pCARS.
I know that this is not a request Thread, but I like to ask if you could please think about adding some S2U cars that will fill up the field where different cars are missing... I think of the Corvette Stingray and the Dodge Charger RT muscle cars. The Ford Mustang Fastback seems to be so alone. My dream would be to have a 69 Camaro too... Anyone?

Hello all,
I'd like to thank you for your great work to get all the S2U cars into pCARS.
I know that this is not a request Thread, but I like to ask if you could please think about adding some S2U cars that will fill up the field where different cars are missing... I think of the Corvette Stingray and the Dodge Charger RT muscle cars. The Ford Mustang Fastback seems to be so alone. My dream would be to have a 69 Camaro too... Anyone?
I thought that by now, Chevyopala would have dumped S2U and started making muscle cars for pCars. He could create his own dedicated car class for it all.

In our group, our current projects are Supra Tuner Stage 1 and Supra Tuner Stage 4 (Works), Mazda RX7 Tuner, then I think Porsche 918. We also have old re-releases for 2006 Ford GT and Mercedes SLR 722 to get around to doing.

From what you are writing, it sounds as you prefer the arcade slant. That's fine for you, but that's not how I will design my physics. So, saying that to fix things would be to make the cars drive like arcade game can be taken as an offensive statement made by you.

I just asked a simple question, because I recognized that these cars gave me a lot weaker FFB output compared to the others - especially the original cars in pCARS. And maybe as english is not my native language my wording wasn't as polite or in an appropriate way like you expect it, but I couldn't find any "offensive" thing in my way asking. For me it has nothing to do with "arcade" driving I like to have - else you think all original cars in pCARS are designed "arcadish" because I get a lot of response in my wheel while driving them. And the Nissan was just an example for a port that gives a similar FFB response.

Anyway, this is no 1.000 Dollar problem to me. Thanks for explaining.

@LTC_Mike
I find the physics calibrations of original cars in pcars to be a complete train wreck. There are far too many issues with SMS physics for me to detail in a simple post. It sounds as though your issue is with FFB, though.
What could be the case is that the wonky physics calibrations by SMS provides a different feel, then when I get done with physics calibrations...where the car is more stable, all body inertia accounted for, etc, etc.

Language barrier or not, you carried on with an attitude that we were rushing through cars and never got around to setting up the physics....thus things can be taken as offensive.
So, don't like our cars, don't use them...simple enough.

EDIT: Also, the Maserati GTS is a car that weighs 1880kg. You can't tell me that you expect it to handle like a race car. There is a lot of weight being thrown around and I make sure that's accounted for in the physics (body inertia).
As a comparison, one of the major problems with the physics of original cars in pCars is that most cars are only using about 55% of the proper body inertia.

Last edited:
Helo,

My new mod is ready to download , a tune version of the bmw 1m
- 450 hp
- lightweight, with carbon part (1465 kgs)
- SSR wheel
- Toyo proxes T1r tyres
- Wilwood brakes
- detachable rear wing

Link : Bmw 1m tune

Enjoy, and reports bugs

pCARS64 2016-06-26 19-13-03.jpg
pCARS64 2016-06-26 19-13-17.jpg
pCARS64 2016-06-26 21-42-45.jpg
pCARS64 2016-06-26 21-43-06.jpg

Hi,
I want to ask whether at all it is somehow possible to import a car as .obj file into either PCars/Shift/Shift 2?
I assume it would have to be heavily edited or converted into some other type, but just want to know if .obj can be a starting point.
(I'm a programmer not a graphics designer so sorry if it's a stupid question)
Thanks.

Last edited:
@sheino
OBJ files can be a starting point. OBJ would be imported into Zmodeler2. Make whatever changes you would like to the models and materials while in Zmodeler, then export as NFS Shift Meb files.

Helo,

My new mod is ready to download , a tune version of the bmw 1m
Enjoy, and reports bugs
Is this an E-Motor powered M1? As I have no engine sounds besides a very silent whine during acceleration and the noise of the wind...

I have installed it like all other mods that have pretty loud sounds. Maybe something is missing in the download file?

Is this an E-Motor powered M1? As I have no engine sounds besides a very silent whine during acceleration and the noise of the wind...

I have installed it like all other mods that have pretty loud sounds. Maybe something is missing in the download file?

Hi LTC_Mike, i use the sound "bmwm3gt" look in the folder Pcars\Audio\cars if you have the sound
Presse-papiers-2.jpg
Presse-papiers-1.jpg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 437 69.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 272 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 290 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 26.9%
Back