Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

"Restore all missing data sections and do typical fill patterns on any exported mebs from Zmodeler."
JDougNY,
Excellent stuff
But you mentioned there that any exported mebs from ZModeler need to be restored ? And how do I do that ... Any examples ?

But you mentioned there that any exported mebs from ZModeler need to be restored ? And how do I do that ... Any examples ?
Well, I naturally assumed that anybody that reached a point where they made a car and were ready to animate would understand that statement.
There are examples of what sections should exist in every vehicle meb from an original car in pCars.
Generally, once a meb has been exported from Zmodeler, sections 2,4,0 and 2,5,0 have to have the data replaced with fill pattern of 0000803F 00000000 00000000.
In the case of an animated meb, section 0,3,3 needs to be added in before section 5,8,0, along with the fill pattern in sections 2,4,0 and 2,5,0
Also, there are times when additional data sections have to be added as compared to an original pCars meb of similar type. For instance, I had a car that needed UV4 added to the chassis LodC to stop some massive black polygons from shooting across the track on identical Ai cars at distance. But, I don't want to get off track from the question you had.

Can be the video compression but cockpit seems a tad dark. If need be you can manipulate it via .cpt cockpit exposure: the lower the value the brighter it is inside.
Looking good!

Well, I naturally assumed that anybody that reached a point where they made a car and were ready to animate would understand that statement.
There are examples of what sections should exist in every vehicle meb from an original car in pCars.
Generally, once a meb has been exported from Zmodeler, sections 2,4,0 and 2,5,0 have to have the data replaced with fill pattern of 0000803F 00000000 00000000.
In the case of an animated meb, section 0,3,3 needs to be added in before section 5,8,0, along with the fill pattern in sections 2,4,0 and 2,5,0
Also, there are times when additional data sections have to be added as compared to an original pCars meb of similar type. For instance, I had a car that needed UV4 added to the chassis LodC to stop some massive black polygons from shooting across the track on identical Ai cars at distance. But, I don't want to get off track from the question you had.
Thank you .. sorry for late reply

You can download a Lancer Evo IX Tune version in pcars download section !

Enjoy
pCARS64 2016-07-13 19-05-00.jpg

JDougNY and gvse proudly present Mazda RX7 Tuner.
The mod features:
- B Class with adjustable waste gate (boost). Default boost provides 580hp
- Adjustable rear wing to tune downforce/grip with boost setting
- 4 tyre options of Soft, Med, Hard and All-Weather (Hard is Nitto NT05 equivalent)
- Animated bonnet and mirrors.
- Several wheel color options based upon paint/skin selection
- Custom widebody kit

Grab it from NoGrip or our usual MediaFire folder.

20160715135835_1.jpg

@ those that were involved with pCars during development.

I'm looking for the actual BFF files that existed for Asano X4 DTM (Audi A4 DTM).
That would be 4 bff files (exterior, cockpit, GUI and livery bff's). It looks as though the car was cleaned up of bugs around build 382 range.

Right now, people have sent me...
- a conversion into S2U by (I think) WinnerSD
- a rip in Z3d Zmodeler backup format with textures and no materials. This rip was done poorly, because all meshes have been stripped of material assignments when the car was ripped.

I'd like to get my hands on the original BFF files so that I could bring the car back into the game with the least amount of hassle. So, if somebody may have those original BFF files, they could send to me via msg here.

Last edited:
Somebody asked me this question over at NG, so I thought I'd post it here, too...
for those that want more steering lock with the addon cars, here's how to edit for more lock.

- exit the game and de-activate the car you want to edit
- navigate to "Vehicles\Physics\Chassis\" folder and open the CDFbin file with a hex editor. You might want to make a backup copy of CDFbin, in case you make an editing error

Search for hex value 243043CE212300 in CDFbin
The 4 bytes after that hex value set the steering lock and here are the values you could use....
00000C42 = 35 degrees
00002042 = 40 degrees
00003442 = 45 degrees
00004842 = 50 degrees
00005C42 = 55 degrees
00007042 = 60 degrees
00008242 = 65 degrees

To give an example, the Maxda Radbul uses 60 degrees of steering lock

...just an update.
Thanks to StLaker90 for the original BFF's for Audi A4 DTM. I'm moving forward with reworking the car to include current features, since this car existed only during development (things changed since then). Very high poly count models in the GUI BFF, so it should look good, since I'm making them the LodA models.
So, the order of cars coming out from us, based on what's already in my queue waiting for me to finish off...
- Audi A4 DTM
- Porsche 918 Spyder (waiting for me to finish)
- 2 car package of Nissan 200SX's (waiting for me to finish)
- Nissan Silvia S15 (waiting for me to finish)

Also, there will probably be a bodykit change to our RX7 along with an engine audio change.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 436 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 271 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 290 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 27.0%
Back