Resource icon

Cars R.S.01 by acm modding team 0.8.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
@ A3DR :
That's pretty shitty review there man.
I know you also make cars, how would you feel if someone give you "feedback" like this. In all honesty... I don't see any of the "problems" you mention in your review. But ok, you're world class modder uhh, you got X-rays eyes... :sick:
You can't be simply ...jealous. Can you ? :):rolleyes:.

From a visual point of view (ie the model, textures etc), its a pretty accurate review. Yes it could sound harsh, but frankly its well below par. How else do you expect them to improve without hearing clear criticism of the issues at hand?

And please look closely at his model up against any of A3DR's models - the problems should be very clear to see.

Does that mean its a bad mod? Not necessarily. Fun can no doubt still be had. But the model is objectively bad compared to the best available on this site. Don't worry about it, if you can't see the issues and still enjoy it, then thats awesome :)

He gave him frickin TWO stars ?!?
C'mon... you support that ? How could those 2stars "help", the car should look (and feel) like a turd to justify that... "review". But it doesn't, I'm sure.
Ok, he has reviewed some of the earlier version I see but still... I doubt it was that much worst back then.
My point is... a fellow "modder" like he supposed to be to him, would give him all five and then give some constructive feedback. Four, at worst. This way... he just reveals his true personality. In my honest opinion. But ok... I'm safe here, he has to live with it.

Last edited:
Two stars is a little low, also because the review ignores every aspect of the car beside the visual. Bit ironic given he reacted like this on a 4 star review
3.jpg

I'm all for good and honest criticism, but this, well, wasn't

A3DR may seem to come across a harsh, and maybe he is, but in all honesty, he seems to be a professional graphics artist, and probably knows his stuff. The content he brings to Assetto Corsa is of the highest quality, and then it is being vintage sport cars and historic cars that he's doing, which are my favorite cars to drive.
If I were him, and I would invest hundreds of hours as a small team, to research and then replicate how a specific cars looks and drive, just to have some random kid making uneducated remarks about my work in the comment section, I would not take any **** either.
So he has all the credit from my side for being outspoken.

it's true, the 3d of our mod rs01 is made by "Jimmy / body" and it is not professional. It does just by envy, for pleasure, then the model is perhaps not perfect ...the ACM team pushes it to improve. But like all of us, he has a life, and he does not always have time to continue on a project :rolleyes:

Could you please fix with the next patch these two major issues:
- wrong aspect ratio in wing mirrors (mirror image looks squashed) and VERY low resolution in wing mirrors
- VERY low resolution of texture in side windows resulting in jagged edge

acs_2017_10_15_18_23_07_302.jpg

I run Assetto Corsa with all visual settings maxed out (including maximum possible anti aliasing.
No other car shows these issues.

These two issues really bug me as I am using the mirrors a lot during a race and looking over to the side screens to check the mirrors I always hang my eyes up on the jagged edge of the side window.
In my opinion especially the wrong mirror aspect ratio and low mirror resolution should not be in a public release of any kind.

Other than these two urgent issues I find the car is good for producing good racing. The first week with this car at the current SRS season has made for some really nice racing.
I hope you stick with this mod and solve the current issues.

new update 0.8.6 on ACM Forum
- Corrected steering (STEER_LOCK, STEER_RATIO, LINEAR_STEER_ROD_RATIO )

It's supposed to be like this? Right now the steering feels awful. You have to turn the wheel like every corner is loews. It has a really big zone in the center where you turn the wheel and it does absolutely nothing.

In the previous version the steering was normal.

Hi all Fellow sim racers. I saw this mod, and I thought the same as some of you, so I have contacted the owner, and they have given me permission to work on the handling / physics as well as other few bits that I thought could be improved on....you will see

So happy days for all, and feel very honoured that ACM Modding Team allowed me to chip in and help them

More come soon !!!!!

Shaun

Hi all Fellow sim racers. I saw this mod, and I thought the same as some of you, so I have contacted the owner, and they have given me permission to work on the handling / physics as well as other few bits that I thought could be improved on....you will see

So happy days for all, and feel very honoured that ACM Modding Team allowed me to chip in and help them

More come soon !!!!!

Shaun

Great news Shaun. Should be brilliant.:thumbsup:

The car has a national GT3 homologation for some countries and championships, the differences are mostly some aero changes (spoiler, higher ride height) and more weight.

But this is not my MOD remember. This MOD is based on the Renault RS01 Trophy so whether we want a GT3 version or not, it's not my call.

I am just helping with this version with a few sticky points they had, which I can help with, which trust me, you will really enjoy.

GT3 version is not for discussion here please, please respect ACM for their work and this mod and like my work.....it's free :thumbsup:

Shaun

I really like this mod. Works perfectly, but I dont have steering wheel, using XBox 1 controller. Having said that, I am really looking forward to Shaun Clarke "tweaks".

hi all,
i want to thank Shaun here for his help
and you confirm that I have allowed him to work on this mod to improve it :thumbsup: as always, I am very busy and I do not have more time now to work on it..:(
honestly, i do not feel like doing the gt3 version yet.
First, body is no longer present and it is he who creates the 3d :cautious:
without improvement on this 3d I can't find motivation to work on it.

But if you can do it, why not? You can contact me for my approval and we discuss ;)
the conditions are, quote the original authors for their work (3d, sounds, physics, liveries and more ...), contact me before any publication on the subject anywhere and show me your work before anything else :)

I will just say this, forget anything, anything you have driven before, this is a demon car.

Before and hoping I got permission I did some research, and basically this is a small LMP car, its amazing, the grip, the power, and 7 gears OMG, just blew me away.

Shaun

Shaun, could you please look into the issue with the mirrors described in the post with screen shot above? This is a major issue for all people using this with triple screens or VR.

The mirror aspect ratio is wrong and the resolution is very low compared to Kunos cars, making them very bad to look at.

I am looking forward to your refinements … love the work you have done with the Ginetta mod ;-)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 114 87.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.9%