RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well, I reckon I'd better give my race report now. This was a dramatic up and down swing type event for me. I knew to be competitive that I needed to stay near the leaders at the beginning of the race. I felt that I could handle this bmw (after getting my porsche ripped from me an hour before the race) and in practice I was driving pretty decent laps.... slotting in around 5th or 6th.... I had practiced a little in the Porsche and gotten into the 1.28 range with not much work.... she seemed really fast. FYI.... we had to eliminate that mod as the ferrari and porsche was not evenly matched with this carset.

Allow me to remind all those that are new to this group or are an outsider to this group... we may only have 12-15 drivers some weeks, but the top drivers are seriously fast, consistent and skillful. A podium in this group is always well earned considering that we often see 3-5 of the top 15 drivers here at RD in this race.

Quali: I went 1 wing 1 splitter and dumped fuel and took to the track... without a draft partner (don't know if any of you had one) I hit a really good lap for me and slotted in 7th I think.

Race 1: On the start, I lost one slot but picked it up over the first lap or so as some of the leaders got together. This race was really only about one other person for me. ERIC NELSON. Eric was at the tail end of the lead group and I was 4 seconds or so off that.... Yves which had crashed must have had damage because I was uncharacteristically leaving him slowly.

So I began racing the clock that was on the top righthand side of my monitor... the split differential between me and 4th place at the time. I would pick up .3-.4 seconds in each of the straight stretches just to lose it in the turns in the middle of the track. I could often even navigate parabolica well enough to make the entire part of the track to my advantage EXCEPT the slower right hand turn sector. I once had it down to 1.3 seconds and figured that I needed another .6 seconds to make it a real fight to the finish. IF I could just get inside his draft then I knew that I could beat the man, the myth, the ledgend that is Eric Nelson. I made one little mistake in the mid part of the track as my 1 wing splitter combo became a bit cumbersome later in the race and the split went back to over 2 seconds. From there, I made an almost huge mistake getting on the track edge in parabolica... and decided that I wasn't going to try to push anymore now that eric had a 3 plus second lead with only a few laps to go. I just concentrated on hitting lines at conservative speeds, not spinning on the exit of the turns and keeping it safe. I finished 4th after one of the leaders got into the gravel on the last turn...

So, I was only about .6 seconds from really being able to contend for a podium (IF i could've gotten into the draft) but then again, passing big E isn't a forgone conclusion.... but it would've been the highlight of my evening.

So 4th in Race 1 gives me 5th on the grid in race 2.

Race 2: The leaders are just ahead of me after the straight and I broke what I thought was plenty of time but must've locked up the tires because I couldn't stop mself from plowing over ERIC NELSON and putting him hard into the wall.... my TS was on mute (unknowingly) so he didn't hear me profusely appoligizing.... Feeling badly and still running in 5th or 6th... I lumbered on feeling badly but knowing that a 4th and 5th finish would be a good one for my rankings (Since I do pay attention to that). I considered just pulling off and DNF myself for a self imposed penalty but then adam began goofing off with me and we turned what seemed 20 laps together (was only really 3 or 4).... Adam got by me and I decided to dish back some of his own medicine to him down the back straight, I returned a bump draft favor to him but did it way too late and pushed him and myself straight off into the wall past the gravel at the end the back straight.

SO, singlehandedly, I took out two of the top drivers in RD in one race!!! My only regret, that I couldn't also catch Keith Barrick and take him out too!!! LOL, naa....

Adam and Eric, just know that I don't take these things lightly even though we kidded around about it last night, It's still very frustrating to me to have ruined your races. I pride myself in my efforts to always be clean and it's frustrating when I mess it up.

Thanks for your understanding and thanks for the fun racing, both of you.

See yous in 6 hours!! and please don't retaliate.

Im gonna struggle here even more than the last race, I have no clue where to go with the setup. I don't expect a top 10 finish here, but practice makes perfect right?

Are you guys having problems with your left front going up to like 130 degrees?

Altho I have no spun a lap yet around this track, due to the fact the track is basically all right handers you will always heat the front left. WHat is causing is is possibly your back end is a little too tight and it is causing the front end to have to work double time. I would try freeing up the back end as much as possible.

If nothing works I will be home in about 2-3 hours and will share some secrets to a track like this :)

Connection went just as Race 2 ended, a bit annoyed, was already planning a few set-up tweaks for Race 2

Practise - 3rd

Was off Adam and Matjuz by a little bit, did a 1:45:9

Qually - 4th

Didn't get a brilliant lap in, probably could of got 2nd row if I pushed it to the max, did a 1:45:5

Race One - 4th

Got an awful start and got tapped into turn 1, knocking me down to 7th, Olly got a bad jump from 3rd too and we scrapped for 6th, he pushed me on the grass a few times, which is debateable but it was a nice scrap. Up ahead Giorgio hit Bryan, allowing me to pass them both and jump to 5th. I then got passed Barry after the Craner curves and set about pulling away with Olly and trying to catch Adam and Matjuz who were miles ahead by this stage. I then had Giorgio who IMO was wreckless all the way through the race, he hit me about 6 times and hit others a lot too - get it sorted! H stopped me from holding onto Olly as he tried to pass me at every corner, forcing me to defend, so I slowed a lot. He then made an error at Redgate and I had a lot of breathing room but Olly was already 6 seconds down the road and my tyres were pretty tatty. I settled for a lonely 4th, 10seconds ahead and 10 seconds back to the great fight for 5th.
Gutted that my my connection went just before Race Two started - was really looking forward to it.

Thanks to RD and Remco, see you next week hopefully!

hi again its steve bean just went on the track for some tests and there are no marker boeards etc

is this the only track avalible for this race?

just a question i dont mind not having marker boards just takes a little longer to learn :)

thx regards

Very quit race. both of them.

Without any sound. (after changing something in the speaker settings, windows7 it is no problem, but in vista 32 it is a problem)

Also noticed today that the backup that is made by Steam it dont backup all the added files so i had to install them again, that was why i was pretty late.

After restarting the game after the races sound was okay again.

Anyway most enjoyable car and track. But due to the lack of sound i shifted to early and sometimes too late.

A great night again!

Before official practise started, made a lap and was ahead of Adam. He obviously didn't do his best, because when official practise started he made an astounding lap - more than half a second faster than before. I knew I'd never get pole no matter what I did.

Q: Adam made a brilliant lap once more, but I tucked right in there and got 2nd. Snatched it just by a tenth or two from Oliver.

R1: Bad start again. I just can't seem to get off the line quickly. Got door to door with someone in the first corner. I was a bit too fast so I went a little wide and I think I tapped him. I don't know who it was, but I am sorry. Then it was 2nd all the way.

R2: Started from 7th and by the time I got to the first corner, I was already two down. Then I quickly managed to get those two places back in one lap. And then came Morse. He was obviously slower and made a couple of mistakes on braking so I slipped by. Then he was all over me, wanted to overtake every corner. I had the same problems as Ross did with Giorgio. He was even flashing his lights to let him through or something. Made me laugh :D In a couple of laps I got up to 4th and then Stark started dropping positions. First Adam overtook him, then Oliver and then he simply let me through. I was a bit disappointed, because I thought we'd have a good fight. You were pretty fast Bryan, don't know what went on...

All in all a great event. Thanks to Remco and RD!

P.S.: Ross, I'm Matjaz, not Matjuz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%