RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

As for right now,

a quick thanks to Remco & Racedepartment plus
my appologies to those 2 people I tapped during the race - Sorry :)

Race report follows later ;)

P.S.

for whoever who makes the video ... I will upload my replay file to share one scary moment when an Aston Martin (that was driving about 150 meters ahead of me) drifts off and comes back rolling onto the race track, fortunately missing my car by half a meter ... reminiscing of "Days of Thunder" =)

That was somewhere around lap 70 or so ;)

Dragged it to my desktop, will drag back when needed... hopefully something can be worked out with the ID's.

First Impression:
Car handles a lot like the Saleens.
Rear suspension travels a LOT more than front - still trying to work with that - even with massive ride height the rear springs will fully compress. Have moved rear springs to the stiffer setting of the two (didn't have much of an effect on motec numbers) and am currently working with packers/shocks to try and adjust without going massively loose.
Have had 1 nVidia freeze @ WG - probably unrelated but wanted to note.

Well I see the server but the class is coming up unknown and won't let me log on. I'm sure the mod is installed correctly (it's pretty tard proof). I even just reinstalled it and still no workee. It lets me play in practice, time attack, etc. But says unknown on server (server is running updated or modified game). I'm fully updated, just installed on fresh hdd just for racing these games. GTR evo w/race 07 and Race On w/stcc over the top of it. I have lots of mods installed and they all work. I even purchased MotecAdd so I can give feedback. That's working but I'm still not sure how to save the data so I can send it to you. Are ther any conflicting mods?

BTW F1 just finished. Some race at Spa, wet dry wet. Boos to Lewis and McClaren. Hooray for Webber. And tears for Reubens (300th start and finished in last place. :(

Hi Tony,
Regarding the Motec data. You cannot save data with MotecAdd, you need the actual Moteci2 program with the proper Data Aquisition file installed. There is a lot of info in the RD forums and at No Grip. Google is you friend also.

ps. You're really going to have to do your homework on this.

My skin: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtr-evolution-skins-3/rpm-ofm-ross-balfour-2042/

ifmrpm_7J2.jpg

Hi, Thanks for the racing, i'd like to say a big thankyou to Gunther for posting his set up, it helped alot taking me from 1.28 to 1.24.

Race 1 started well and i was holding a good position when a Honda rejoined right in front of me and damaged my suspension, i struggled on for a couple more laps and managed to catch the same Honda again and we both went to pit at the same time, only for him to hit the pit wall an block my car from going in. The rest of the race went just as bad with two messed up pitstops that saw me DQ,

Race 2 started from 22 (Last) and managed to get up to 6 within 3 laps and was being chased my M Clark, who i would also like to say thankyou to for putting me in the wall, next time mate can you drive round me not through me, this put me back to 10 with damaged suspension, a few laps pass and i catch up with Ethan who is bloody hard to pass, after my pitstop i caught up with Ethan again on the last two laps and try as i might he was too quick on my passing point so it was 9th.

I really enjoyed this track and hope we have it again soon. Cheers, Rob

Another fine RD endurance event, thanks everyone involved… :wink:

GT2 Race (430-997)

Practice
Will put practice here since a couple of “worth noticing” things regarding my race went on here…
Like most, 50 minutes before it was my first contact with an around 30ºC air temperature track condition.

• As such I had to do a few tweaks here & there, for instances the engine temperature one but importantly for the overall braking dynamic (balance), I forgot to change the brake vents for the new temperature… Result: in race, especially with the race temperature above the official practice one, my left brake disk was going to 600º at the hardest right hander braking, unbalancing the coast-braking setting I had in the car (the car would go to understeer heavily under hard braking in race).

• Right there in practice, I took some time to observe Marcin’s Ferrari in a few race-pace laps… I laughed … he was doing low 05 without going above the known lifetime rpm variable for the 430… I was like; we 997 goers are so “2nd spot” for this one… The Ferrari’s won’t blow!:eek:

Qualify
As usual, not that important, didn’t do a qualification setup, just took fuel out and let the rpm free… Was 10th (4th 997) but went to climb to 9th before the start due to Remco wheel problems.

Race
Well, well, on top of my soon to notice braking unbalance, I was dealt the unlucky card of a poor and slow engine. A 59% engine start not only means a smaller engine life (not that important since this engine health was more than sufficient to finish the race without much precaution with my setup) but above all means a slower engine (might not be slower than a 60’s% engine, but sure is than a 80’s-90’s% one); result?:confused: The car was losing 2 or 3 km/h top right from the word go… as if the 997 needed some straight line speed reduction … :redface:
I’ve done sufficient whining for now… to the race :)
The plan was simple, with the engine health at 50’s% I decided to have a “relaxed” first stint just to see how the things go, later as usual “up the pace” in the mid and final stint.

1st Stint
From the start I noticed the top 3 Ferrari and Andreas were out of my reach in normal conditions, I just didn’t have the pace… So unless someone “bought it” I was racing for 5th to 10th (2nd to 3rd in our “special” 997 classification :D).
Unable to do my usual 06 high race pace, but able do many low-mid 07 until late in the stint I kept around Hugo (my personal, self imposed race goal, 2nd in "997 cup"), Fernando (430) and not near (on track since they had different pit strategies) but “around” nevertheless, Dariusz & Morten (both 430).
2nd Stint
The 2nd stint was the most entertaining but was also (for the good & bad) the one that definitely “shaped” my final race position.
Followed by Fernando from a “safe” distance and following Hugo who I knew had a quicker pace early in the stints (fortunately he was “held” by Stefan for a time, thanks btw :wink:).
About lap 43, at time I was losing a tenth here a tenth there to Hugo in 7th, while controlling a slide on the first turn my wheel left clamp came off… instant into the wall :frown:
There are days where the things just aren’t going to be. :rolleyes: Well it could be worst, luckily it is a rear engine car, if it was the 430, I’m not sure I would have survived the violence of the head-on impact… :cool:

2nd & 1/2 plus final Stint
Result; pit-stop for repairs at a time where I couldn’t avoid another late race pit stop, not only losing me time with the repairs but also totally nullifying my 2 pit-stop strategy (race-pace too slow for a 3 pit-stop strategy). The car with its new permanent dent in the middle of the front, as if a needed that, lost another 2 or 3 km/h top, as much as I pushed, I couldn’t go above 258-9 km/h (aerodynamic damage) :frown:
Anyway, from then on I kept "soldering" to a final “last place” in the starting “5th to 9th race pace goers” and brought it home while enjoying following the late race battles for 1st and 5th.

Moral of the story”:eek:
One or two years ago when we used this mod alone at Dijon in a 60 minutes event, it was observed that the mod cars had a higher top speed than the SimBin ones. It was also observed that the 430 made up the front of the grid and where quicker by about 1 sec than everyone else. In race all 3 quick 430 burned the engines (only 60 minutes, a single stint in our yesterday’s event).
Engine start health, engine decay, lifetime rpm vales where all things “alien” to many... some were (very) quick and relied on pure luck regarding finishing the race or not…
Nowadays, everyone is much more aware of the engine variables/handling and endurance racing.

It is nice that distant go the days when only 3 or 4 racers would finish a 3 hrs event and many would complain they didn’t understand “why the engine blow or that they weren’t doing nothing much…”.:rolleyes:
Like I typed in this topic a week ago, with a decent engine at the start, the knowledge 430 virtual driver had everything going to its favor. The 997 has a good low-mid range that really helps it turn, but the 430 high-mid range power has no much, the 430 can reach higher speeds quicker even without going much up in the rpm scale. In other words, the top speed might be the same for both cars, but on a pure drag race between the 2, the 430 arrives there faster.

Regarding my race (whining apart), it just wasn’t my day, even so, more importantly, I started, and I was there at the finish together with most of you :)
Big congratulations to the podium, Marcin (very quick, very balanced setup), Ralf and Jesper . A special congratulations to Andreas and Hugo for obvious reasons :wink: Thanks everyone who took part, especially to all those who stayed around until the finish, a very correct race behavior from every one.
A final thanks to Remco and RD.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 59 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%