RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Required RACE 07 expansions: GTR Evolution
Class: WTCC Extreme
Track: Dijon Prenois GP click here to download
Practice: 01:00 GMT (09:00pm EST)
Qualification: 01:30 GMT (09:30pm EST)
Warm-up: 01:55 GMT (09:55pm EST)
Race: 02:00 GMT (10:00pm EST) (40 minutes with a mandatory pitstop)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and leave your event related comments in the thread.

[signuplist]103[/signuplist]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USA
Required RACE 07 expansions: RACE On
Class: International Formula Master
Track: Road America
Practice: 01:00 GMT (09:00pm EST)
Qualification: 01:30 GMT (09:30pm EST)
Warm-up: 01:55 GMT (09:55pm EST)
Race: 02:00 GMT (10:00pm EST) (2 x 25 minutes)

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and leave your event related comments in the thread.

[signuplist]104[/signuplist]

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM USGT
Required RACE 07 expansions: GTR-Evolution
Class: GT-Sport
Track: Mosport 1977 1.0
Practice: 1:00 GMT (21:00 EST)
Qualification: 1:30 GMT (21:30 EST)
Warm-up: 1:45 GMT (21:45 EST)
Race: 1:55 GMT (21:55 EST) 2x25 Minutes

Signup List

[signuplist]105[/signuplist]

Lol I am such a moron!

Qualified last because I clicked 'Drive', realised I still had race fuel in (while I was still in my pit garage!), pressed Esc, then realised this is superpole so I wasn't allowed out again! Doh!

As for the race, got a pretty good start, until just after the old hairpin when I was punted off, don't know who by. Dropped to 24th, fought my way back up the field to 11th, then missed my pit garage when I came in for my pit stop! Went round again, found my pit garage, dropped to 20th, but managed to fight my way back up to 12th.

I guess I'm not used to these superpole / mandatory pitstop races! Good racing all anyway, some really good driving!

@ Jose: Race just ended, nothing to sign in here ;)

Nice to see a full or almost full grid today.
I apoloize to Mark G. who I hit on the fast sector due to an unexpected early brake ;(

Qualifying was just bad, a big mistake + odd balance with low fuel put me down to p14 ;(

Race start was hard, a lot of contact from behind on the first lap. Was lucky to just be pushed off track slightly and loosing just about 2 positions.
After my early pitstop my pace got ok finally and I could drive calmly to the end with enough space in both directios as 6th.
Only thing that was hard was the lagging by Goeffry in front of me, which gave me near heartattacks a couple of times, someone actually bounced into his freezing car once.

Cu soon,
and nice to see guys like Glen back on track again ;)

q: 14th / r: 6th

1st RD Race 07 event and I had a blast ! :D

Gotta thank Rob for letting me know about this one. Even after I got the game I wasn't very often checking the RACE Club section. My fault ! I admit.

Qual : P11 with personal best - 1:39.5xx ! I was pleased. Really like the Super Pole thingy. In rF I never manage to squeeze out a good Qually lap due to traffic. Was a bit intimidated that I was going to be starting in the middle of the pack, but then I reminded myself that this is actually an RD Club Event, so I knew everyone else was going to be on par when it came down to fair play.

Race : Not the best of starts, but I got it rolling eventually. Couple of people running wide helped me get up to 10th in the first few corners. After that I started chasing a BMW, who was fiercely lagging and dropping "his tail" like 200 meters behind where he actually was. I did eventually managed to squeeze in and started chasing the people up front. Managed to capitalize on few people's errors and that put me up to P7. At that time I had a Leon ahead of me and I was closing in very fast, but I overshoot my braking point for the last turn and dropped a position back.
Eventually I totally forgot to brake for the fast right-hander in sector 1 and that saw me straight off the track. Car was FUBAR'ed by I thought it'll be a good idea to try finish the race. Sorry guys for the trail of smoke that was going on behind me. I actually crashed at the lap I was supposed to pit in, so in that term, I wasn't screwed. Gotta look on the bright side of things. Pitted, stayed there for 40 seconds and then tried to carry on. Car was severely lacking power, but was driving just fine. I was still pulling 1:42s when there was noone lapping me, so I thought I'll make it and even not finish last. But around lap 19, my engine just died in the chicane right after the back straight. Pulled to the side and parked it. Finished - 2nd to last.

All in all thou, I enjoyed myself a lot ! :D
I was having a proper race before I totaled my car, which was a bit of a surprise to me. I did a good Qually lap, which is also another surprise to me. And I managed to finish ahead of my buddy Rob, which in all fairness, wasn't any surprise at all :p (j/k mate ! Don't kill me :D ).
Really looking forward the next one. A part from a laggy Beemer, and I can't really blame him for that, the whole field of drivers was superb ! Really enjoyed myself :D

@ Jose: Race just ended, nothing to sign in here ;)

Nice to see a full or almost full grid today.
I apoloize to Mark G. who I hit on the fast sector due to an unexpected early brake ;(

q: 14th / r: 6th

No need to apologise Dino, I knew from as soon as I went sideways what had happened. I had been taking it too careful for the previous laps behind a Honda and a really badly lagging BMW. Plus, as I'm sure you saw, I ran wide at Redgate and was offline the whole way down the hill, meaning I had to brake much earlier for the Old Hairpin than I did any other lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Porsche

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • BMW

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • McLaren

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Toyota

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Intel

Votes: 10 14.5%