RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I'm Soooooooo gutted..

I had 2 parts of the qually lap that I made a mistake on and quallified about 16th or somthing like that. Not good, but not to bad.

Good start and I made my way up to 11th and chasing down a very laggy Geoffrey Fournier in the BMW and on lap 3 I was a little way of him but hit a huge wall of lag and my car just make a crunch noise and then I had a big hit on my left hand side..

I've checked the replay and it was the lag.

I'm gutted.. BUT... I'll be back. It was great whilst it lasted.

Good to see some mod tracks back and the new system in place.

Well done RD. :D

Sorta fun race for me. Qualified 8th I think. Got punted wide on turn 1, lap 1 by Frankl Mate only to have him disconnect early, fell back to 23rd by the time I got back on track. Got held up by slower but consistent traffic and battled back to take 9th.

Nice race. Didn't know this version of the track and had no time to do practice so I learned it while qualifing and racing. Infact I had like 2 races separated by the pitstop. In the fist half I was blocked in the traffic and was lapping around 1:42 always also I've done some error. In the second half I was costantly on the low 1:40 with a PB of 1:39,9 that let me finish 11th.
The race duration (about 40/45 min.) is perfect only I don't like mandatory pitstop, please let us choose if and when to change tyres please :)

Thanks for the fun!

Wow,

That was a lot of fun. Fair and clean all the way, from my point of view. Great track, great company, thanks RD :woot:.

Grats Michael, and sorry for my slowlyness :redface: but I was running on :egg::egg::egg::egg: the last 5 laps because my tyres were completely gone. Had a flash of empathy with James May when you said I was 'slow' :facepalm:.

Cya all next time

nice racing here, guys :) very fair!!

my evening was pretty... mmh i dunno :D i didn't feel I was going fast due to a semi-perfect setup, but maybe the twitchy rear was just the right way to go fast. anyway i had to make the rear really twitchy to not get annoying understeering towards the end of the race. but that meant, with 60l of fuel on board, the beginning of the race was a bit messy. luckily I had a really good start and could make a break in the first lap, so I could be a bit more cautious. but it still caught me on the 3rd lap or so in old hairpin... a bit of lawnmower action and the race got underway once again but with the rest of the pack closer behind :D

but the plan (save front tires and kill rear tires with oversteer *g*) worked out perfectly in the end and I could win the race :) looking forward to the next one, racing on RD is really great fun!

Qualify: got a good lap despite a few laps of practice at Donington, 5th it's ok
In the race start with 60L and think just change the tires, I did exactly what was expected, and with a clean driving from beginning to end without any major hiccups, which earned me a good, consistent pace and in the end a good result for me.
And the result of many laps on the track was that I could beat my qualifying lap in the race several times lol, during the first run I managed to keep a good distance for the first 2 that were with a very powerful pace, benefited from an error of Reggie to enter the pits in front of him about 4 seconds but soon after, I realized that I left behind him, and thought must have just changed the front tires, something that is impossible with the BMW, it has a pronounced wear of tires both front and rear.
So I thought now I have to win time on the track, and it happened, I was recovering very slowly and four laps to go was in the back of Reggie, he still resisted for four laps i only overtook in the last laps, and sorry for the touches, Reggie.
And that was my race, really fun from the start to finish, and a good fight between me and Reggie, thanks RD for good racing and special thanks for my mate on track, Reggie Blain =). Congrats to Michael he was untouchable tonight, and a word for my friend Peter Beres he could be the opponent that Michael did not tonight, but he had bad luck tonight...
Well, See you at the next race. THANKS ! ! !:)

Good race guys! Even though there were only four of us, R1 was a constant battle. My start was bad( almost jumped the start so i hung back )but after @ 5/6 laps i was able to catch up and keep pace. I'm actually happy that i had the same pace as everyone. Lots of battling for 2nd/3rd/ for most of R1 then my big mistake came on lap 12 when i overshot turn 9. R2 was not a good race for me, I clipped the left edge of turn 3 on lap 2 and damaged my car,limped back to pit for repair and hung in for rest of race to finish 3rd. congrats Glen for taking tonight's race.

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM STCC2
Required RACE 07 expansions: STCC - The Game 2
Class: STCC 2010
Track: Indianapolis Infield Road Course click here to download
Practice: 18:00 GMT
Qualification: 18:45 GMT (superpole)
Warm-up: 18:55 GMT
Race: 19:00 GMT (40 minutes with mandatory pitstop)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)

[signuplist]106[/signuplist]

This was my first RD "Forced Pitstop Race" and I must say it I rather enjoy racing like this, I prefer it. Just my pit stop I didnt know what i needed to do so I changed only the left hand tires which was the worst thing to do because my Front right was starting to wear off alot and with about 6 laps to go could not make the Left hand corners, "heavy under steer" Thanks again RD i keep on learning from race meeting to race meeting. :) Racing this friday again come guys join so that we have a full grid again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • Porsche

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • BMW

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • McLaren

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Toyota

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • Intel

Votes: 13 15.3%