RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Group 1

Qualify:
7th

Race 1:
I had a good start and got inside line to T1 in second place. Then someone hit me in to back and my car rams middle of the corner. So i took some more hits and almost find my self onto pitlane:D Drop down to the last, but i wasn't even worried as i knew my race speed should be good. The car isn't felt so good but some how i managed to gain places up to the 8th place and two more laps to go. Pit radio says that my tires where worn so i slide a bit and i didn't get a chance to overtake that lacetti. Lucky me as two drivers front of me DNF and suddenly i was in six plase:)

Race 2:
From start i easily accelerate my self to P1 and have well time to take care that first corner. After first lap i did 6-7 laps under 2:05 and got about 7 sec lead. Got some moments in ever last lefts and due the tire wear i have to drop down a bit. Even so i got over 11 sec lead when finish the race in first:)

My first win at the race department and i was second in overall, couldn't be happier.

My first race here
I must admit i was a bit disappointed, i really thougt it was better in this closed club racing!
But there was much wrecking/stupid driving..
I know there was a lot of lag that caused some sitjuations, but that was not it all...
I hope when it get to league races it gets better.
Offcourse there was racing incidents, but more that that i´m affraid.
Other than that, i had a good time in my first racing here, i need to improve over the distance other it was good :)
thansk

Thomas, must have just been a rare bad occasion, i have driven many races with these guys, and i can say i've only witnessed wreckless driving by one member on one occasion and he was banned for 2 weeks from racing. Normally, its very close and very fair racing, hope you get a good next race. GL+HF ;)

after watching the replays of group 1 i have to say this

- always adapt yourself to where everybody is around you
- little less aggressiveness please.....to much hitting & lap 1 incidents in my mind (race is not won in lap 1) & this is a bit of a friendly learning race.....it's not a tournament race.

tomorrow will watch replay of group 2

Racing Club events should be all about fun. Competative (and fair!!) racing should be saved for leagues. That doesnt mean you cant drive fast, but be aware of others around you like Chris mentioned above! First corner heroes should not sign up for such, highly appreciated, events.

One administrative note: i read some complaining about fellow drivers. If you spot really bad misbehaviour on the tracks you should report that in a pm to the nearest Racing Club Manager. We'll take it from there.

Misbehaviour in our Racing Club races will not be tolerated!

My second race here, and it went well.

Group 2
Race 1,
An allright qually and start, some pressure from Jamie Wilson for the first 4 laps and finally got some breathing room, but just a little. Jamie was right behind me the whole race and in the toledo cupra while I was in an 07. The race was fairly smooth and I finished 7th. Good fun.

Race 2,
4th after turn one, I found myself in the lead group for 2 laps and then the faster guys started passing me. I had a small accidental bump from Robert Crone I Think, which sent me sideways but I was able to hang on, not losing much time. I ended up 8th with some good fun pressure from Steve Emmons on the last two laps.

Really fun races for me and 8th overall. I'm happy!

Sorry to all those that didn't have as good a time, Especially Eckhart after putting it all together and then not getting to race. People that got bumped should give it another chance, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose.

Thanks,
William

Group 2
Race 1,
An allright qually and start, some pressure from Jamie Wilson for the first 4 laps and finally got some breathing room, but just a little. Jamie was right behind me the whole race and in the toledo cupra while I was in an 07. The race was fairly smooth and I finished 7th. Good fun.

Race 2,
4th after turn one, I found myself in the lead group for 2 laps and then the faster guys started passing me. I had a small accidental bump from Robert Crone I Think, which sent me sideways but I was able to hang on, not losing much time. I ended up 8th with some good fun pressure from Steve Emmons on the last two laps.

Really fun races for me and 8th overall. I'm happy!

Sorry to all those that didn't have as good a time, Especially Eckhart after putting it all together and then not getting to race. People that got bumped should give it another chance, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose.

Thanks,
William

You are one tough nut to crack -- tires going off, running low on fuel, lag, dogs & cats living together! That was fun.

@Gary Lennon:

It was me in the blue Chevy...It didn't make me happy at that moment when I spun, but I was also lagging a lot and because of that I missed the exit in the corner before. Else it wouldn't have happened.
You're forgiven, looking forward to some more close racing. Well, not that close I think :)

I thought this FD series was all about friendly driving.
That the faster buys could show the slower ones how to do stuff.
The agressive behavior do not belong in this racing club in my oppinion.
And the competative behavior can wait until the turney starts.

Its ok to be fast, also in the FD series, but do not do so on other slow drivers expense.
Do not punt/push off other drivers just so you can get past and win the race.

If you do punt/push or have some sort of bad behavior on track, you should find yourselfe some other place to do your simracing!

Edit:
After some closer reading of the posts in this thread, i see that this event was not a FD event.
But none the less, i stick with me post.

Hi

I had 2 great races yesterday

I started at 4th from the grid 2,04,4 (I had hope for an high 03).

Race 1:
Like Robert say, an great fight the whole race THX M8. grats to Rami the winner.
Then Robert and I on the podium.

Race 2:
I droped back places in the begining down to 9th, It was nice fightings for the places with Robert, Deparis, Rami and some more drivers
Ocin, Gary and Jari were a little bit ahead, but when Rami was 4th and I were in 5th we beging to catch up to Gary and Jari. The last 2 laps was real fun and we fighted for podium-places.

I overtook Gary in the chican but unlucky for me he gives me a little puch and I droped the line so he takes back the place.
Grats to Ocin , I finished 5th and I pleased with that.

Sadly that there was drivers at the track who not behaved well.

*Group 1:
---------

*Practise:

*Qualification:

*Race 1:

I make a very good start.

End of the first lap...

After 5 laps, I was tired.....lol
Difficult for me to keep my position of leader.My tires were suffering increasingly.With 3 seconds ahead, difficult to manage.
Broken engine for Gio in the last lap.

I win this race.

Best lap: Peter Eriksson 2:04.495.

*Race 2:

Good start.

I win a few positions with this accident.

Lap 3:

I overtake Mehmet at the end of this lap.

Lap 9,difficult to keep my position with Gio behind me.I let him to overtake me.My tyres!!!!

Lap 12:

Third.
Heppu win this second race.He was too fast.Difficult to follow him.

Best lap: Heppu 2:04.341.

Also, I have the nagging feeling that Race07 does not like a grid filled with self-made skins. Tell me I am wrong, but do we not have more trouble with people being disconnected or games minidumping since we run a lot of (beautiful, wonderful, creative, sparkling) skins here at Race Department? Might be worth its own thread.

Or it might be in connection with errors in the skins made?

This is from my errors.log in the CustomSkins folder:

Could not find texture file [Seat_LeonAmericanPitbullTerrierRacing#105IntDrivingsuit.dds]!
Invalid parameter 'interiorwindows' for car [SEAT Leon 2007]
Could not find texture file [Seat Leon Windows Int Greg NO-B.dds]!
Could not find texture file [Drapeau belgePetit.tga]!
Could not find texture file [..\flags\MenuButton_Medium_FlagIcon_Normal_Netherlands.tga]!
Could not find texture file [..\flags\HUD_DriverName_CountryFlag_Netherlands.tga]!
Could not find texture file [Helmet Type2.dds]!
Could not find texture file []!
Could not find texture file [ALFA_IntWindow.dds]!
Could not find texture file [Seat Leon Windows Int Greg NO-B.dds]!
Could not find texture file [Drapeau belgePetit.tga]!
Could not find texture file [JThompson/TompsonRender.tga]!
Texture size is invalid for texture 'CustomSkins\skins Ista1\CZ_YACCO\HUD_DriverName_CountryFlag_Belgium.tga' Size is restricted to max 64x32px. TGA file format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%