Heat H Round 1
Battle 1
Monza vs Yas Marina
Monza_aerial_photo.jpg

Formula-1-Abu-Dhabi-Grand-Prix-2012-Yas-Marina-Circuit-aerial-view.jpg

Battle 2
Surfers Paradise vs Bathurst
Surfers-Paradise.jpg

(I am using this version, not the new rubbish one)
AerialBathurstTrack_1.jpg

Battle 3
Autodrom Most vs Macau
most.jpg

Macau.jpg

Battle 4
AVUS (Modern) vs Sonoma
Avus%201994.gif

(Sorry, couldn't find a good enough photo.
sonomaraceway-opt.jpg

Monza, Bathurst, Most and AVUS for me.

Heat H Round 1 Results
Monza 7-1 Yas Marina
Bathurst 6-2 Surfers Paradise
Autodrom Most (P)4-4 Macau
AVUS 3-5 Sonoma

Heat H Round 2
Battle 1
Monza vs Sonoma
Monza_aerial_photo.jpg

sonomaraceway-opt.jpg

Battle 2
Bathurst vs Autodrom Most
AerialBathurstTrack_1.jpg

most.jpg

Monza and Most get my votes.

Battle 1 is a tough choice... In sims, I love Monza for F1/Open Wheel and GT racing (especially in AC!), but Sonoma is one of my favourites for Touring car/Historic racing... hmm...

But when it comes down to it, I think I love Monza more. Sonoma is a very technical and exciting track with lots of elevation change, but Monza is great for every opposite reason - it is the road-course equivalent of a Superspeedway, and it requires big balls to go fast. The track also has such a great atmosphere, and the Monza GP every year has a special place in my heart as the first F1 race I attended (and only outside of Australia).

So Monza it is, but only because 50.1% of me prefers Monza, whilst the other 49.9% prefers Sonoma :p

Bathurst is an easy pick for me. No question. Best race track in the world, even better than the Nordschleife (although how that was knocked out first time is still puzzling to me :/) because of the complete package - low speed 90° corners for overtaking, fast run across the top, high elevation change... and close walls like a street circuit. Plus, I think it has the best chicane in the world (The Chase), which is one of few chicanes in the world that actually improved a circuit IMO. Some of the Monza chicanes are included in this description too - they're necessary for most overtaking at the circuit :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 51 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%