Rain in the Shaders Mod (Early implementation)

You can activate the rain in the windscreen_fx.ini, but it's really not supposed to be used yet. It doesn't work on all cars, it sometimes guesses interior glass as windscreen material and puts rain there and the wipers don't work at all yet in the publicly availible version. Still a lot of work to be done. Especially on guessing the windscreen and wiper geometry to make the wiping animation look real on all cars without having to manually write a config for each one.

ok I'm getting ready
7a1b8b365d1a84771fbadb9ffdd182ae.gif

Looks better than ACC.
Now all we need is wet physics.
You bet, will definitely look way better than ACC on anything other than blancpain series on a few tracks, and might look better even on those with those.
We have had so many updates in AC all available for free on a certain Discord channel, all other sim look dead in comparison, so much sometime it feels it is hard to keep up with all the AC improvements.
I bought a better GPU just to take advantage of the beautiful real mirrors and VOA reshade track, AC looks truly amazing and not just on one track with one car.
After all we have seen in the last few weeks that was not supposed to be even possible, getting believable wet driving physic does not seem too difficult a task, we actually already have a track with wet physic: Goodwood. One track, same as ACC, I bet you that by the time we get a second track for ACC, we will have at least 10 ready in AC. The future looks good for AC.

I have preview 91 , using the rain mod the wiper clears the entire windshield every wipe instead of the area the wiper actually covers. Is this a detail setting issue or simply a bug ?
you need an entry in that specific car's config ini (in the Shader mod extension folder, not in the car's data folder) to tell the mod which mesh of the model is the wiper blade, I think it was
Code:
[WIPERS]
FRONT_0=*mesh name*
FRONT_1=*mesh name*

Last edited:
Thanx!! What does "mesh name" reference, is it something specific to the car I use this on?
its the literal name of the mesh object of the wiper, totally specifc to the car. In CM Showroom it should show you the name if you click on it (no idea if this is a paid version feature only)
You probably shouldn't go about doing this for Kunos cars, the Shader Mod guys are collecting all those and will include them with one of the next updates I guess (you can also send them config files for your own mod cars to include).

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 300 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 242 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 160 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 23 2.7%