Rain in the Shaders Mod (Early implementation)

AI, lights and rain absolutely killed my FPS but this was pretty good fun :D AI are really fast at Goodwood Wet! I've never had to turn them down until now.

How do you get light to interact with the water like in the screenshots on the previous page?

Last edited:
No, I don't think so and I doubt it will be updated again... but it is pretty damn good as it is.

It is far and away the best wet track for AC IMO. Visual and physical puddles (that are not seperate from each other) with something a bit like aquaplaning. Varied grip throughout with more grip off the racing line in a lot of places forcing you to take different lines than in the dry.

It sets the standard for wet driving in AC and I haven't found any other wet tracks that are worth driving yet TBH. The wet mod is great as it adds spray but the tracks aren't up to the same standard IMO. No link between the visual and physical that I can tell and it feels pretty much like a constant grip throughout.

No, I don't think so and I doubt it will be updated again... but it is pretty damn good as it is.

It is far and away the best wet track for AC IMO. Visual and physical puddles (that are not seperate from each other) with something a bit like aquaplaning. Varied grip throughout with more grip off the racing line in a lot of places forcing you to take different lines than in the dry.

It sets the standard for wet driving in AC and I haven't found any other wet tracks that are worth driving yet TBH. The wet mod is great as it adds spray but the tracks aren't up to the same standard IMO. No link between the visual and physical that I can tell and it feels pretty much like a constant grip throughout.

Wow.. I had no idea about this. I'll have to take a 2nd look at Goodwood! Should I set the track grip level to 100% ? Typically I drive at 95% grip, will this decrease traction on the wet version even more?

So does the wet version of Feldbergring only have constant lowered grip throught the whole track? No different grip for puddles? I haven't tried it yet, myself. If so, I would be willing to work on the wet physics.

Wow.. I had no idea about this. I'll have to take a 2nd look at Goodwood! Should I set the track grip level to 100% ? Typically I drive at 95% grip, will this decrease traction on the wet version even more?
Yes it would do. I have raced it at 97% & 100% and both feel fine to me.

So does the wet version of Feldbergring only have constant lowered grip throught the whole track? No different grip for puddles? I haven't tried it yet, myself. If so, I would be willing to work on the wet physics.
As far as I could tell that's how it was at Brands Hatch Indy Wet version. I couldn't feel any puddles and if there was grip variation I didn't feel it. I could be wrong but the variation is quite obvious at Goodwood, if it was there at Brands Indy it was too subtle for me to notice.

Mostly yeah. It was a big mix and match of cars from the 60's and 70's just to test spray at Goodwood. From memory the mod cars are Giulia TZ, Fulvia HF & S800 RSC... Oh and 1 as yet unreleased Griff 200 in there also.
OK thanks. Just looked like a great mix of cars, esp for Goodwood. :)
I'll look out for the Griff 200.
Cheers and sorry for the OT.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 300 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 242 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 161 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.8%