Rain in the Shaders Mod (Early implementation)

its the literal name of the mesh object of the wiper, totally specifc to the car. In CM Showroom it should show you the name if you click on it (no idea if this is a paid version feature only)
You probably shouldn't go about doing this for Kunos cars, the Shader Mod guys are collecting all those and will include them with one of the next updates I guess (you can also send them config files for your own mod cars to include).
Actually the idea is to not need any wiper config at all for most of the cars.Automatic detection works with almost all Kunos cars already and should be included in the next update. I only have a bit of hard time with very intricate mechanisms like on the 908 LH.

yes, preview91 and then separately the rain app.
bear in mind that in preview91 wipers need to be configured manually in ini files, a few cars are included though to try, e.g. m3 e30, amg gt3, abarth 595, c7r
in next preview almost all stock kunos cars should work out of the box though
thank you, I updated the 1M, works like a charm
I was editing my reply has you were writing to me.
Now that we have rain and wiper, is there a list of tracks that are simulating driving on wet tarmac , I think Goodwood as a wet version, but I think there is more, just not sure what they are.:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Mhhh, as the wet mod uses the dirt layer as a "grip modifier", it would certainly be possible to add rain sounds to the common bank. It would be a bit of a hassle switching from the dry bank to the modified wet one, unless CM or any other mod manager could replace the bank once wet mod is enabled, and vice versa. Thinking about rain drops hitting the windscreen specifically, wet rolling noise is also possible but would be also played when going off track.

I also activated the wipers to my stratos! :cool:

ezgif-4-537d7c2430.gif

I finally got around to trying the rain mod tonight and... wow. It's pretty effing amazing!
Even having rain set to 0.1 with no wipers going adds tremendous immersion on a wet track, as it superbly simulates moisture in the air or light spray from the vehicles ahead hitting your windscreen. The overall effect is better than some other sims that have rain built in..!
Genius.

Is rain and night usable in mp?
well rain is so far only an effect you start with an app independent of everything, I don't know if CM does also change the grip levels if you choose any of the rainy weathers. So yes it should work in every mode. Night would probably need every user on the server to have GBW and CM installed., I never tried to test it.

I recorded this last week on a slightly older build of the mod which had no auto detection yet:

With the newer version you can switch between al the cars on the grid, and those with working wipers will have those running (mod cars with no wipers will have no rain effect now instead of that weird all windscreen refreshing)

Last edited:
well rain is so far only an effect you start with an app independent of everything, I don't know if CM does also change the grip levels if you choose any of the rainy weathers. So yes it should work in every mode. Night would probably need every user on the server to have GBW and CM installed., I never tried to test it.

I recorded this last week on a slightly older build of the mod which had no auto detection yet:

With the newer version you can switch between al the cars on the grid, and those with working wipers will have those running (mod cars with no wipers will have no rain effect now instead of that weird all windscreen refreshing)
For night you just need to have the correct weather installed and it works fine. We have done it a bunch of times using the black night weather. At first I thought it would work best usiing 8am or 6pm sun angle so that anyone who joins without the night mod installed will not have it too easy but a steam friend who uses single screen said it looked odd with low sun angles. You can test it yourself on our server if you want to as it is currently running LA Canyons at night. Just search GRC in AC and join with the black night weather enabled.

Mhhh, as the wet mod uses the dirt layer as a "grip modifier", it would certainly be possible to add rain sounds to the common bank. It would be a bit of a hassle switching from the dry bank to the modified wet one, unless CM or any other mod manager could replace the bank once wet mod is enabled, and vice versa. Thinking about rain drops hitting the windscreen specifically, wet rolling noise is also possible but would be also played when going off track.
I haven't noticed the "puddle" sound at Goodwood Wet on the grass, or maybe he is using the sand sound? If there are seperate sounds for sand traps it might be the way to go as there is less chance of running into those, you can dip a wheel into dirt whilst racing and a wet sound might be quite distracting but if you are in a sand trap it is kind of game over anyway. You can hear the puddle sound for a split second in this video I just made at 1:34... although I installed your sound mod so maybe that has altered the Goodwood puddle sounds :O_o:

thi effect looks awesome! any idea if there are possible to make this effect of drop of rain in the other cams? like chase cam or hood cam? i mean ..i know that there no whispers..but i think that would be pretty cool cams whit some "wet"

Not yet, no. It's definitely planned. A lot of things are planned. I think right now there are just way too many things to try out and bugs to iron out for the small team that is actually working on the code of the mod. And don't forget that Ilja also has to maintain CM somehow. He's currently preparing a big update for that as well.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 298 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 241 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 159 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 23 2.7%