Rate the Sims | FINAL RESULTS

Popularity contests can be fun, but we all have our favorites.

I have less than 5 hours on AC and ACC combined. PC2 got a few more hours than that, Dirt Rally 1.0 and 2.0 got a lot more hours and iRacing (all your base are belong to us) has the lion's share now.

Frankly I can't see buying another sim racing game again now that the iRacing bug has bitten. There isn't much of a point.

Isimotor2 after 15 years still on top and giving a head to head fight with a modern sim with the biggest modding community. It's unbelievable, 15 years, there were no progress at all in simracing, that's a fact.
Given the fact that it's still the easiest to mod, while delivering solid physics and massive amounts of options to play around makes it favourable. Saying that sim racing hasn't advanced is very off though. Just look at rF2, AC and ACC.

Yeap, nobody plays AMS and nobody voted it, it's in second place by the hand of god. And I was talking about software, not hardware. Come on, that's obvious.

I listed several software features...track tech has advanced, look at iracings track tech, with it's dynamic racing line, heating system, loose surface physics and there wasn't too many if any laser scanned tracks or vehicles back then..
Tire models have advanced,sounds etc.

Regarding AMS it's one of my favorite sims which always made me scratch my head why it's player counts are so low.?

926 people voted.....nearly 800 more than it's avg player base lol
Hence my sarcastic remark

Given the fact that it's still the easiest to mod, while delivering solid physics and massive amounts of options to play around makes it favourable. Saying that sim racing hasn't advanced is very off though. Just look at rF2, AC and ACC.
So, RF2 is a tweaked version of ISI engine (aside flexible tire model no other big improvements). ACC just simulates gt3 series,it's good, but just gt3. AMS is the place where you can drive a kart, a formula, an AWD or a truck and ALL feel right. Official content in AC is a meh (it reminds me official content in rFactor), nobody plays it. So basically 2 of the 3 best sims run on ISImotor, a 15 years old engine.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be sarcastic (not my nature) and maybe I am naive; but if a person doesn't own all the sims, how is this objective polling? I own 7 out of the 14 listed and I don't think I can be without driving them all.
I'm not saying don't poll, just that I am ambivalent to the results.

I don't mean to be sarcastic (not my nature) and maybe I am naive; but if a person doesn't own all the sims, how is this objective polling? I own 7 out of the 14 listed and I don't think I can be without driving them all.
I'm not saying don't poll, just that I am ambivalent to the results.
I voted on what I did own. Nothing got a 10 from me. I would guess others are trying to be objective even with their favourite sims, too. That makes the poll at least not as bad as you might think.

The truth is, I and probably many others, interpreted this poll as more like "Which sim is the simmiest of them all?" Meaning, "Which sim gets the most things and the most important things right?"

Then the poll makes sense. It explains AMS at #2 even while it has a low player base. I like AMS, I like Reiza, but depending on how you interpret the poll its position may or may not seem strange.

As another post mentioned, it's just a fun poll for simmers. If we wanted to know the most played sims, we'd just check Steam charts. If we wanted to know the most popular (maybe not most played) then we'd check sales charts. Etc.

Can't take it too seriously. It's a fun poll that will hold us over until it's redone next year.

Also, this poll is completely invalid to begin with.

Where were the votes for Grand Prix Legends, GT Legends, GTR2, Race 07, ... ? :D

/s

I think a sim still needs to still run on a modern OS for it to be valid.

Now I can only speak about GTR2 as I have it but have never been able to play it - it does a CTD on launch with Win10.

gotta say i need to revise my rating of ACC...i gave it a 1 as it was horribly optimized and ran dreadful on my old PC but now on my new rig i am absolutly loving it ...i would give it an 8 maybe a 9
Same here, I gave it the lowest rating because of the 7 FPS in VR. But later on I tried practice on flat screen and the drivinvg feels really next level. I am sure alot of high end physics are deployed for this sim.

Yep, make sense.

I also note that EVERY moddable sim on the list that was available to be voted in are in the top 5: AC, AMS, rFactor2. So 3 of the top 5 are open moddable sims.

Please note devs :cool:

And Wreckfest, The Wreckfest workshop on steam is loaded with content.

All I want is traffic DLC for Assetto Corsa. Hope Kuno will notice this. Imagine this map completed with official traffic mod. It should give AC another 10 Years.

Come on Kunos, spend a team develop this idea. Or You can test the water by announcing it, see how much sim racer that interested. Should we start kickstarter campign for it?

Not suprise that AC Won. AC Community made the game solid by continuing modding despite Kunos stop working on it since the release of ACC. This is why i like AC so much despite lack of some features but the BEST Community it got made almost anything possible!

To be fair for ACC, it should ranked higher at least top 3 if the rate sim date were after the release of 1.2.

I think games like AMS and Wreckfest are so high on the list because small studios are sympathetic and therefore gets much less "hate votes" and in general higher ratings than the big ones. The standards are different. Not saying these aren't good games, not at all but just trying to figure out why playtime and rating are the opposite ends of the spectrum on some cases.

Edit: After I revisited the results there actually wasn't a big difference in "hate votes" if we forget the most obvious console simcades.

Still think there's different standards for different studios but it looks like the results are actually quite "sensible". Thumbs up for the community. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Opinion:

Results make sense:

1- AC worth 10 times the price (thousands of mods). Free SRS as opposed to paid IRENTING. Light on your hardware. Many other advantages... etc

2- AMS has natural mechanical driving feeling. (Still I think it's NOT the 2nd most played).

3- R3E: works all in all, without glitches. The new physics feel OK/good. But R3E is not so generous with updates and development same they are with releasing car after car.

4- Wreckfest: fun with good physics and FFB at same time.

5- rF2 aka "King Of Physics" and "The Only True Sim" maybe the most sufisticated physics and tyre model? Yes. But I think it is still lost and searching for identitey. The new content is classified best in sim racing but at what price? By the time they implement all the tracks they planned, the sim will cost hundreds of dollars (different business model than it used to be. More like R3E than rF2).

6- ACC: poor VR performance but best gfx and sound. Mighty physics. ACC has the potential to be the next number ONE.

7-8-9-10- All other sims and games are good in 1 way or another:
DR2 and WRC8 are a most needed different experience than what everyone does (I mean GT3).
IRENTING has a working multiplayer.
F1 2019: delivers full F1 experience (despite the annoying cenimatic videos).
GT Sport: strikes me with the graphics and performance it squeezes out of a console. Also the only 1 generous sim with updates and content additions.

11- pC2: I believe it was treated harshly. Yes the physics and FFB aren't great. But it is a full sim and maybe it has more features than any other. Hopefully pC3 will pay attention to the community feedback.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 34 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%