RD BMW M235i Racing Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricoow

Premium
tDjKPJB.jpg

If you want to participate in the newest championship you need to sign up here.
Sign-up Form said:
Name:
Teamname:
I have read and understood the notes: Yes/No
Notes:
- By signing up you agree that you have read and understood the league rules and that you will always follow these rules.
- By signing up you commit yourself to a full season of this series. Not attending an event without leaving a report of absence or not attending to multiple events (you can miss only one event when you notice us in time) may result in disqualification from the cup.

- Keep this thread clean only for signups please, all other posts belong in the general discussion.

Last edited:
Well, I really don't know what happened in this event.
I got shunted off the track in T1. I carried on and started to gain on the cars in front of me. I crossed the line on the first lap and my car jumped into the pits with a black flag showing. All it said on my screen was "retired". My car was still fine to drive, a little bent from the shunt but still ok.
All I can assume is, I was given a penalty for being shunted off.....Strange.
Ah well, it's done now.

Server 2 was a really bad experience.
In i go with only 20 minutes practice on this combo just before qualifying and server is at 93% grip.

Thanks to everyone who didn't show up to race we had to do all qualify at 93% which was frustrating.

7 People showed up. 7 (and 2 of them quit the race i think).
Grip stayed at 93% for what seemed forever.

Sry for the start (the spun). I just lost rear under braking to the first corner. I started with 28 psi, so heated up 'by the server's' tire-heater, the tires may have been a bit to 'hard' (on high psi).
May have been one reason, or I touched the gras for a moment, don't know exactly. Using 82(front)/80(rear) spring stiffness as used in my personal setup, is a bit risky for the rear (more easy to slide away) as well.

And what I noticed, one strange thing: All my tires were heated up to 80°C before the start, except the front left tire that was always still at cold 26°C pre the start and the moment after. This could be another logical reason for aimig to the left side while braking.. and sliding/spinning there.
Could the server-admins check, if there was everything ok, with the tire-heaters ?
I really suffered from the left front tire not being heated up, while the rear tires and the right front tires were correctly. No joke !
Maybe just an occasional bug.

The spun was sad for me. Starting from P13 I could have been in touch with some mid field this time -instead of again falling back to P19 or P20, after the spun-, but the 13 did not result in good luck maybe ;).
So I was a bit angry on myself as well (like Tobian R.) for this thingy happenning.. .

--

I lifted off the throttle pedal here and there (mid race) as well.
And one time I even got a red-penalty on top of the screen after the variante alta, as I got on the green aspahlt for maybe the third time there -not in my clean and fastest laps there !- , saying: "Slow down to 35 km/h before the next lap or u're finished" or s.th. like that ;). So I did directly after, the result was a 2:07 lap. So I hope this was quite enough (time-)penalty ;).

Last edited:
Mega job by Jack, got me by 0.016 in qually!

I got a great start but Jack turned to block me, there was a little bit of contact into T1 which made me run wide, and then Niki got me. I was a little bit quicker than him so made a risky pass round the outside at T1 which paid off, and from then drove at 50% pace and tried to stay between the lines as there was no chance I was catching Jack.

Cheers for the racing guys, look forward to watching the Broadcast :)

I stepped into the car with not much practice under my belt and therefore was okay with P4 in Qualy.
Into the race, Ross and me where riding the RPM train in P3 and P4.
Ross was attacking Niki who was obviously incredibly cautious trying to keep it within the white lines.
As Ross made a mistake some laps into the race, I lifted off in order to let him keep his position given his standing in the championship but failed to shut the door on Tobias who unfortunately could make his way through.
Being in P5, stuck behind Tobias, I could not take advantage of what happened between Ross and Niki a few more laps into the race and had to settle in P4 behind Niki after Tobias had outbraked himself and fallen out of the top 5.
What followed was the most boring race I have ever been part of.
Both Niki and me were most of all trying to keep it within the white lines and I decided that I would wait for the final laps trying to get past him. As a result of that, I lifted off every lap whether I had cut or not. I sometimes did that a few corners after the said corner I was uncertain about. Though, I hope that will be accepted as lifting off. In fact, even in my quickest lap I lifted off quite a lot, just to make sure. I hope that, as the reviewing team checks my race, they will notice me lifting off on the straight of my very last lap, just to make up for possible crimes I could have commited earlier.

Anyway, it got quite close between Niki and me during the last few laps and I almost would have made him run wide enough once or twice but in the end it didn't work out thanks to his resolute defensive driving.

All in all I am glad I did not make any mistakes this time. And who knows? Maybe I'll have won the race when I check next Tuesday.

@Marco Waechter I don't think it was your tyre pressure. I think it's because you breaked with 2 wheels on the grass. So your left wheels had more grip which in turn made your car veer to the left.
It seemed the server had penalties on. I was busy concentrating and only just noticed a 21mph penalty on the last corner so slowed down for that and carried on. After that I was all by myself with lots of damage from the 1st corner incident.
Had problems with my wheel losing FFB. Came out of the pits for Quali and had nothing.

Last edited:
For whatever reason the straightline speed was not there. I'd get a good run out of corner, but still ... did one off track and lifted off that time. Kept well away from the lines... touring around. Not that thrilled about Ross punting me off the road when he made the pass... Don't have 3 monitors to see where he's at, so left the space and kept well away to the left.

Would of been more fun if Kevin wasn't running so hard then lift off, as I'd have a chance to catch my breath and chase after Ross. Oh well.. not that it matters, the straightline speed was just rly bad. Glad that end of championship is closing in, interest into this car is fading away.

Nice race guys, I was happy fighting away with the big 4 at the start, but forgot to brake for the first chicane in the early laps :cry: From then on, I was involved in a few midfield battles which were quite entertaining, but I was quite frustrated with myself. Good job to Timm who was cruising ahead of me all race long. Overall 8th place isn't all bad, but I could've finished much higher tonight, so I'm a bit sour.:devilish:

Nice race, although I didn't enjoy it that much personally. A pop up window stole focus from AC and I completely lost control for some seconds. The car kept going left at full throttle until I hitted the wall!!
Thank god no one was near me :ninja:

Congrats to all the guys, this race seemed very cool from my pov!
Definitely gonna watch the stream later :)

@Marco Waechter I don't think it was your tyre pressure. I think it's because you breaked with 2 wheels on the grass. So your left wheels had more grip which in turn made your car veer to the left.
Yep ok, then it was mainly this which I posted as well:
or I touched the gras for a moment, don't know exactly.

This time I did not want to brake much earlier at the start than the others around, so I stepped on the brake fully and also quite sudden as the car in front began to brake for the first turn.
And then you all know AC's fragility, when toching the gras or other less grippy sections beside the track, ..can end in losing it (rear) directly.

Have to watch this 'glory' in the live stream later as well ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%