RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the Ravenwest and JHR drivers and managers: That was a long race and it always seemed two of the cars were near each other.

Yeah it was an interesting race for sure. Slightly disappointed that we couldn't do more for the home fans as it seem's we spent a little too long fannying around with the Ravenwests. But a double points finish is still nothing turn our noses up at. Onwards and upwards!

+5 Race BHP

I'll keep it short this time :)

Drivers view:

"Gutted to have lost a solid podium spot due to yet another issue, though on the other hand I'm relieved to only have dropped to 4th after my extra stop to get a good haul of points and sponsorship income with which we can continue to tinker on the car."

Upgrades:
Budget: $0
Income: $450
+10 Quali Skill ($100)
+30 Race Skill ($300)

Total of Expenses: $400
Remaining Budget: $50

Personal values after buys:
Quali BHP: 800
Race BHP: 802
CoF: 5075
Quali Skill: 16090
Race Skill: 16230
Quali Variation: 300
Race Variation: 250

Will update once @William Néron posts his team buy(s).

RAUTAVAARA REACHES AHEAD
View attachment 113166
Joel Rautavaara made the most of numerous spin offs and failures around him to record a comfortable victory in a classic Silverstone FFG race. From the start line, it seemed that Nathan Cornes was going to be a great chance again, but a spin into the wall at turn 1 early in the race suddenly blew it wide open, with Rautavaara on hand to steer his Apex to the front, and kept it there, leading a double British podium.
Cornes though wasn't the only one to succumb to the walls at Silverstone, with Sigoulakis, Cocks, Kederer and Utzer all following him in there, plus a raft of other spins and collisions race long. Rob Sharp retired from a good position with an engine failure, Aaron Reed similar with suspension failure.
Daniel Harvey secured his first podium since making the move to DTK, more than anything he was making the most of staying on the track, but nonetheless had the pace today for a good result regardless. He was ahead of Harry Costello, who enjoyed his third podium of the season and first since China.
Stephan Bohner was motoring in 2nd into the final stint before gaining problems and dropping to 4th with his pitstop, ahead of Laskey who had a great race for his first ever points in FFG. Brugman was sixth, while Martins, Yamaguchi, Mishra and Diehl made up the ten, the Ravenwests and JHRs enjoying a lively battle at the end of the race.
That left Takuma Ishikawa just outside the ten, marking the first time all season that Razor have failed to score a point. He led home the lapped competitors of Rinneaho, McNamara, Graham and Ana.
Rautavaara's win doesn't technically reduce Cornes' lead at all, he still leads by 67 points from Cocks, but now it is just a point further to Rautavaara in third.
Next round is from the frightening and fast Hockenheimring. Marketplace closes 10am Thursday AEDT.

RDFIA Press Conference
@Joel A big and important win today, is this what was needed to restart your season?
@Millsy24 A first podium since your move to DTK, happy to have done it at your home race?
@Costello First podium for a while, like Daniel, happy to have gotten one in Britain?

Press Paddock
@C0rrUpti0Nz Weird to now have not made the finish?
At the Ravenwest and JHR drivers and managers: That was a long race and it always seemed two of the cars were near each other.
@The_Laskinator First points for you, feels good?
@kedy89 Went off and into a wall, but still grabbed a fastest lap, nice to have?
I guess having "surgery" on my toe didnt help coming up to the next race. I thought the pain would go away by race day but when it came to it, the pain jolted through my body and forced my foot on the accelerator and boom, into the wall i go. The car will be ready for the next race and you will see me racing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%