RD GP Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no teams. It's an individual drivers championship, so it's everyone for themselves.

You're allowed to have what ever skin/number combination you want, so long as it complies with the league regulation on custom skins.

Well I am not much into skinninig since it don't make my car go any FASTER
but I have to comment on your skin @Fabrizio Telasio its the coolest ( most nice )
I have seen so far--that's why I gave it a winner rating :thumbsup:

Stig Bidstrup

Last edited:
*Updated penalty point docking values in accordance with the increase in points scoring values.

Last edited:
Untitlewd.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Just adding to the "show-off", ehrr, discussion :)

Download
picture.php

I´m trying to work on the setup and dial a bit of turn-in oversteer out. Did induce more understeer through stiffer front ARB, but i´m really a setup noob. any tips/hints ?
What are you guys doing in the setup ?

I think, perhaps, that as this is a league and not a club race, people shouldn't be sharing set up hints. The edge that comes with a good set up (not that I am good at it) shouldn't be nullified in a league. There are, however, some tips and whatnot in the threads of the recent club races for you to.. 'research'... :)

I respect your competitive point of view.
Alien speed is not achieved by car-setup, nor does it dispense the need for track-knowledge and lots of practice. But it can help to get better car control which will lead to being a lesser danger to other drivers on track ;)
I have only spent a few hours with the Vee´s and still need to build up more confidence, hence my ask for some help.

I took your advice and searched through the forums. Here´s two setups i thankfully found :
http://www.racedepartment.com/attachments/jan-kokemuellervee-svm.62829/
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/c...okYOT2Z93hhFCyTpVUXFM6fKnWMqrw4A8OAj2Za1?dl=1

I hope you don´t mind putting the links here.

I do actually agree with you; I'm no good at set-ups either, ideally sharing would be the case as in the club races. I just think that is best for a league where the races are all about the competition as opposed to the clubs (just as in real life two teams would not share such data). Thanks :thumbsup:

Just adding to the "show-off", ehrr, discussion :)

Download
picture.php

I´m trying to work on the setup and dial a bit of turn-in oversteer out. Did induce more understeer through stiffer front ARB, but i´m really a setup noob. any tips/hints ?
What are you guys doing in the setup ?
turn in oversteer -stiffen the front rollbar (high numbers) or loosen the rear rollbar ( try that )

Here is my skin. As you can see, I still have work to do concerning the helmet.

GRAB_001.jpg

Also I still have an earlier version of it with LiquiMoly branding and different color scheme that I am not gonna use. If somebody wants it so you can use it instead of a default, PM me and I can put your name and number on it. You will have to go with the default helmet though.

GRAB_003.jpg

GRAB_004.jpg

Last edited:
Nice skins, gentlemen :thumbsup:.
Regarding setups, i don't think they make much of a difference on this car.

I've been using Jan's set in the club races, but recently when testing out of curiosity i changed a few values to the complete opposite and still drove exactly the same laptime afterwards. Lowering tire pressures didn't make the car stickier for me either.
Only thing i have been able to achieve is make it safer (by softening the rear and stiffening the front) but the trade off was always slower laptimes.

This is my first league and tbh i will simply treat it like a club race, putting fun, fairness and realism over winning.
Which brings me to my question:
I've seen quite a few people flatshifting (with autoclutch!?) in the clubraces, luckily it did not seem to give them a big advantage on straights.
How will you (especially the fast guys) handle this in the league?
Will you be running with a clutch & shifter like the real cars are driven or are you ready to sacrifice a bit of realism in hope for easier & faster gearchanges?

Nice skins, gentlemen :thumbsup:.
Regarding setups, i don't think they make much of a difference on this car.

I've been using Jan's set in the club races, but recently when testing out of curiosity i changed a few values to the complete opposite and still drove exactly the same laptime afterwards. Lowering tire pressures didn't make the car stickier for me either.
Only thing i have been able to achieve is make it safer (by softening the rear and stiffening the front) but the trade off was always slower laptimes.

This is my first league and tbh i will simply treat it like a club race, putting fun, fairness and realism over winning.
Which brings me to my question:
I've seen quite a few people flatshifting (with autoclutch!?) in the clubraces, luckily it did not seem to give them a big advantage on straights.
How will you (especially the fast guys) handle this in the league?
Will you be running with a clutch & shifter like the real cars are driven or are you ready to sacrifice a bit of realism in hope for easier & faster gearchanges?
A perfect approach, and I share it.

Unfortunately I don't have a shifter, so I have to use my paddles. But if it were a choice, I'd take realism all day.

I will also be shifting with paddles because I do not have a shifter. A shifter is high on my to-buy list, but I won't be getting one in time for the championship.
Apart from that I clutch, lift and blip manually. I haven't noticed anyone flatshifting in club races, but I would like to ask anyone on the fence to not do it in the league because it hampers immersion and is a bit annoying for fellow drivers to hear (bringing up bad memories of public server racing :roflmao:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 37 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%