RD GP Championship 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is flat shifting?
I run with DFGT and auto clutch.
Shifting flat-out without releasing throttle, if you do it with paddles & autoclutch you're basically driving an H-pattern car like a car with a sequential gearbox.

Obviously you can't use a shifter or clutch if you got neither one, you guys might want to hurry up with those shifters though, the 80's Opalas are coming :D.

Thanks for the answers, but since there's a few HistorX club regulars in this league, i'm sure i won't be the only one driving H-pattern :).
How about the rest of you?

With autoclutch on we already have shift time. Even if you want change gears like a full working semi automatic system, will not be fast like that. Will not work like that.
As a matter of fact a guy with an H shifter and autoclutch off is supposed to be faster with the rules on GSC.
I´ve saw this in a League with the Mini Challenge when the guys with H shifters blow me away.:giggle:
I dont use manual shifter, I dont have a game rig, is all in a table and is not practical.
Only paddles.

Thanks for the answers, but since there's a few HistorX club regulars in this league, i'm sure i won't be the only one driving H-pattern :).
How about the rest of you?[/QUOTE]

Hi
I use the H shifter it can sometimes be an advantage going from 4th to 2th directly
depending on the gearing( cant do that with paddle's) and sometimes I use
autoclutch in races--the drawback can be you don't have so much engine braking when using autoclutch.
Stig Bidstrup

As a matter of fact a guy with an H shifter and autoclutch off is supposed to be faster with the rules on GSC.
I´ve saw this in a League with the Mini Challenge when the guys with H shifters blow me away.:giggle:

Heard this a few times now, i think this is a myth. You get immediate sequential-like shifting with paddles without autoclutch, close to immediate shifting with paddles + autoclutch.
Been testing this for the last hour on Cascavel, luckily i'm able to achieve pretty much the same laptimes with all 3 methods, it takes quite a bit more effort to do so with clutch & shifter though.
But it's also more rewarding :).

I personnaly use autoclutch with paddles because i honestly dont care that much about immersion. But its not like it gives you much of an advantage anyway in all the club races ive done here. Although on cascavel on t3 and the second to last corner i can see where using a h-pattern would help a bit.

I personnaly use autoclutch with paddles because i honestly dont care that much about immersion. But its not like it gives you much of an advantage anyway in all the club races ive done here. Although on cascavel on t3 and the second to last corner i can see where using a h-pattern would help a bit.
Well it would be surprising if it would help a bit in other corners, as those are the only two you change gear in :D.
Care to elaborate in which way it would help?
I definitely doesn't for me.

formula_abarth_vallelunga_aprile_2013_5.jpg

This thread is for all things VFAC!
From feedback for the league, your expectations for the season, your thoughts on race results, and everything else in between!

Have at it...

I'll get the ball rolling...

Expectations for the season:
Basically just to have consistent, error-free races.
With only 7 rounds, 1 of which must be dropped, scoring decent points at each race is vital for a half-decent championship campaign. I don't expect to be winning races, as there's some much quicker guys in the field, but I'll be aiming for regular top 5 finishes.

Last edited:
I am looking forward in taking part in a proper championship for RD. I am not silly or overconfident, it will be very hard for me. But I feel as long as I can race clean and improve I will be happy.
I haven't yet chosen my skin yet, though I currently have a 1982 Williams livery on it

@Gary Lennon you've been bumped up to the main server; I'll update the list later but you're in.

@Allan Groth has had to withdraw due to an injury but is happy to share his skin should someone else want to use it (you'll need to change numbers and the driver name on it). So PM him if you want to do that :)

This will be my first proper league ever, really looking forward to this! Keen to see how I'll perform, I'll be giving it my all that's for sure! Feeling optimistic but there's a lot of fast/consistent drivers here so, can't count any of you guys out! :rolleyes::D

This is going to be great fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 56 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 38 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%