RD GT Championship 2010 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
This better ain't gonna carry on to other leagues or events. :knife:

I'm sure it won't as I'm looking for just one league in the world using full simulation options like forced cockpit, no autos, same practice times for all for years now and had no success yet.
Made a post in the NGP forum the other day which explains that at least me do very few races only:
Ralf Eiden
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
  • blog.png
    View Blog Entries
  • article.png
    View Articles

user-online.png
Licensed Member

Join DateSep 2008Age47Posts73

Hi Andreas,
if necessary at all I only take part in the 20 mins event as you know I'm not interested in the RD race server settings. Chase/bonnet view, auto clutch, don't like to compete with guys doing a hundreds laps practice being even supported through extra points for fastest Q n Race lap.
Last race i jumped in with 20 mins of practice and was 2.6 secs behind the fastest. After lap 1 or 2 I was 3rd cause most drivers were able to do a quick lap but seem to have difficulties to keep it for a 20 mins distance.
To be honest I've been touched a couple of times too often last race and prefer meet up with people who love racing rather than winning.​

There were only a few scenario's to start this league:

1. Very early and end in the beginning of July
  2. No league at all before September :)
Most people are on holidays during July and August. Therefore the schedule looks a bit weird including a one month gap (RDLMS weekend, Le Mans 24H weekend and other things that we need to take in account.).

Luckily you don't need to worry about skins and such as there are plenty of good skins available on the internet for every car if you really suffering from time. Good thing of Evo is that you can also run without a skin as the server won't mismatch like in other games.

Don't worry :)

don't like to compete with guys doing a hundreds laps practice being even supported through extra points for fastest Q n Race lap.
Last race i jumped in with 20 mins of practice and was 2.6 secs behind the fastest. After lap 1 or 2 I was 3rd cause most drivers were able to do a quick lap but seem to have difficulties to keep it for a 20 mins distance.
To be honest I've been touched a couple of times too often last race and prefer meet up with people who love racing rather than winning.

This is a very interesting post, as practice can be a hot button issue with simracing. I personally don't mind people practicing a lot, and sometimes I myself have been known to put in a boat load of time for a race. My thinking is, the better you know the track, the more fun you'll have during the race. Now, I wouldn't be opposed to limited practice leagues (although, I have no idea how you could limit how much people practice.) The thing is, the faster drivers will be faster, whether given 20 minutes or 300 laps. That's just the way it works. I mean, in RDTCC there is a guy over there that won the friggin' WTCC Virtual world championship, which got so much coverege I even learned about it while playing on the consoles. From what I hear, those guys are faster than the fast, and the guy in RDTCC beat them all. Point is, doesn't matter if that guy gets 2 laps to practice, more than likely he'll be faster than all the other guys with 2 laps of practice.

Bottom line, it's not the practice that determines the results, but the driver. Practice is just so things go a little more smoothly out there. lol

On another note, I also do agree that some guys around here can be a little aggressive while following, but I'll let off that issue for now.

That's my 2 cents for today! :D

if necessary at all I only take part in the 20 mins event as you know I'm not interested in the RD race server settings. Chase/bonnet view, auto clutch, don't like to compete with guys doing a hundreds laps practice being even supported through extra points for fastest Q n Race lap.
To be honest I've been touched a couple of times too often last race and prefer meet up with people who love racing rather than winning.

lol... you should try to jump into the RDTCC or FPWS without any practice. Not only you will be 3+s of the qualy times, but you will get lapped a couple of times by the leaders :)

lol... you should try to jump into the RDTCC or FPWS without any practice. Not only you will be 3+s of the qualy times, but you will get lapped a couple of times by the leaders :)

and the rest, I ran Sepang race in there. Practiced hours for most of a week only to finish 5 laps down on the lead cars. true I spun twice but neither where big and they wouldn't acount for one lap between them.

It's true that practice make you realise alot of things that you didn't know about the car and the track,but i have to admit that i am doing th same thing as Ralf most of the time.I practice just between 30 min - 1 hour before the official qualifications or even the race and i allways make it to the podium after first laps or quali on podium.True is also that i can't be soo stable as i am allways excited by the race and do mistakes like everyone,but if i get serious behind the wheel,adios mistakes.Usualy after first 4-5 laps on that circuit i have one of best times on track.I get used quickly,but the problem with mistakes will be resolved only by practice. :tongue:

About what Dave is saying now: You guys that do practice all the week before the race it's because you'r really excited also by the fact of driving and wanna prepare to be the best.More practice=better results,but not in all the cases as i allready told you,i'm a guy that make practice very very little if isn't a important race for me. I only feel the pleasue of racing at the official race. :D

Guys I don't want to ruin the skinning party for some people, but please read the format good. The car you have choosen is not automatically the car you can drive in the league (if you can drive at all).
- the chosen car is your first preference
- all 24 cars and 8 brands will be driving, so in case of everybody choosing the Corvette for example we randomly assign you a car brand, as there is only room for 3 cars per brand

Yep... That's why I'll only start skinning when I'll know whether I'm in and what car I will drive.

However, if by chance I drive the Corvette (which is almost impossible as it is not my first choice and as I assume several people will choose it), I already have an advanced WIP :)

About what Dave is saying now: You guys that do practice all the week before the race it's because you'r really excited also by the fact of driving and wanna prepare to be the best.More practice=better results,but not in all the cases as i allready told you,i'm a guy that make practice very very little if isn't a important race for me. I only feel the pleasue of racing at the official race. :D

I wanted to do the practice :) . I knew I was out of my league (pardon the pun) the practice was exactly as you say to avoid errors and for everyone else's safety. I'm no alien, for me arriving at a league event with little to no practice is a dis-service to your fellow racers as only by spending enough time on the track and trying the off-lines as well as the fast lines can I be 100% confident that I don't constitute a risk to other peoples race unnecessarily, which is very important to me.

On a side note, 2 times of the tarmac in 90 mins and causing no major issues to anyone else after so long away from the F1s was a victory to me. :D

I wanted to do the practice :) . I knew I was out of my league (pardon the pun) the practice was exactly as you say to avoid errors and for everyone else's safety. I'm no alien, for me arriving at a league event with little to no practice is a dis-service to your fellow racers as only by spending enough time on the track and trying the off-lines as well as the fast lines can I be 100% confident that I don't constitute a risk to other peoples race unnecessarily, which is very important to me.

On a side note, 2 times of the tarmac in 90 mins and causing no major issues to anyone else after so long away from the F1s was a victory to me. :D

Yes you'r right.You just maked me want having more practice :D About the risk for others,true it is more risky if you come unprepared or with little practice,but for me isn't a problem as i allways drive fairplay and i know i'm not winning in first laps. When i first joined RD and online racing i have to admit that i was crazy about overtaking,now i have no problems if i stay behind someone 4-5 laps trying to find the right moment.Anyway,thank you for this discussion,i will make more practice from not. More safer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 253 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 202 27.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 140 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.1%