RD iRacing Oval Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 (RDINDY'12) | Intro & Info
iroadkopie.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to the the second running of the RaceDepartment Indy 500 in iRacing. Last season saw a huge turn-out of drivers that gathered to pick up the virtual bottle of milk. Lots of crashes painted the picture of the first half of the race; close fighting dominated the second half. This year we're looking to go bigger and better than last year, so go get that FREE RaceDepartment Licensed Membership and sign-up for this annual high-speed thrill!

2m608bm.png

OFFICIAL RESULTS
REPLAY - Complete
REPLAY - Part 1
REPLAY - Part 2
Event schedule
  • Date: Sunday 20 May 2012
  • Open practice: 15:00 GMT (80 minutes)
  • Qualification: 16:20 GMT, 1 lap, lone qualifyer (10 minutes)
  • Race: 16:30 GMT, 200 laps, 500 miles (270 minutes)
  • Car: Dallara IndyCar
  • Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Indy Oval
  • Server farm: NL-Ams
  • Starting type: standing
  • Fast tows: Unlimited
  • Cautions: full course cautions on
  • Restarts: single file
  • Racers/server: 33 (possibly extended to 55)
  • Hardcore level: Disable all driving aids (but clutch assist ok)
How to join?
  1. Apply for a free RaceDepartment Licensed Membership here
  2. Sign up for the RaceDepartment Indy 500 2012 here
Important links

It was a pretty good race, too bad I couldn't stay for all of it, but I had a physics project to work on with my group. Too many cautions in the first 100 laps, but it got better after that and there were some good battles.

Also if ANYONE has the replay files from laps 1-60 (60 ish anyways) PLEASE upload them and send them to me. For some reason iRacing wouldn't let me save them and for the race edit I'm doing the start would be good to have. Yoeri I know you said you were saving it, but did you have the same problem I had?

Thnks Yoeri, when we were green flag, the racing was great, bit of a rage quit from me after being punted into the wall in 2 when the car on the inside wasn't able to hold the inside line. After 8 mins of tows from the only other incident that i was involved in earlier in the race (when the firts tow didn't fix the car, fighting back to 8th (although 3 laps) down to be taken out by a stupid move, when I was letting the faster car by really annoyed me with 20 to go.

People need to run these cars properly before racing in an event like this. They seem easy to drive with a good setup but are anything but. Don't know where I finished but running 5 at one point was a lot higher than I'd expected to be.

Anyways good practice for the official season races this week both in open and fixed setup and the official iRacing 500 on Saturday (if my wife lets me run it after the time on yesterday's race).

Well times when we had green flag racing was fun, really enjoyed it. Thanks Yoeri for organizing this race! :)

Sadly I also have to say I triggered about 4-5 yellows where I was direct or indirect involved.
But start from the start. I loaded my race setup for the race and jumped in the grid and the spotter said "you got fuel for 5 laps left" :O_o: So it wasnt bad luck for me that there was a crash at the start. I think in the 2 restart I've got hit by someone and went into the T.1 wall pretty hard. I lost my first two laps there. After a while in the race Andy and someone else fighted in T.2 and were going not so fast therefore and I saw a chance to pass both going out off T.2. The chance closed I couldnt get out of the way and hitted Andy. Well lets call that a big one :cry: Sorry to everyone who got caught in this. I had another 2 crashed around T.1. Once I lost it there. I turned in and off I went. No one got involved. I also hitted the pit wall when trying to make space. Another crash without someone involved. Im honest that was the stupidest thing I've ever did :thumbsdown: I lost it also out of T.2 once alone and hitted the Inside wall. No one got involved I got going and I didnt trigger a safety car.
That should all my bad parts of the race. At least you had enough time to got to the loo after a Tow :p
At the end second last of the 12 diehards that made it. The car was pretty good. Had still quiet anoying understeer in T.1. Didnt like that at all, but in traffic the car was just awesome.

That is my part. See you soon :)

I came to the race confident and with a stable car that I thought had reasonable speed. It did have that but the quality of the field was outstanding and my modest speed placed me as pretty much slow[est]. Knowing that, I left all of my aggression at my locker in the pit. All I was looking for was survival so this is how my race went:

The plan was to let everyone go run and spread out in front of me. That worked until T1.
On the restart the plan was to let all the fast guys by and let the field spread out.. It got even worse on the second, third and following restarts as more and more fast cars were stacked up behind me. luckily I kept ending up on the outside many times and that did make life a bit easier. At some point, I had moved up to P8 for one of the starts, was able to make good launches as we went green get to race around the track until faster drivers came up. My luck finally changed and I ended up with a long tow followed by another and another, none being instigated by myself. This made the last part of the race easy, few flashing past and room to drive.

I enjoyed the company of a few in spurts, some even being on the same lap as myself and the struggle was to stay with them and not lose out. I knew it was going to be a tough race, no idea what to expect going in so I look at the outcome as reasonable. 83 caution laps at ~2:15 each = ~3 hours of driving at just above pit limiter speed, longer than a race could have taken.

Thanks all for a really fun time. I usually run Race07 events and TS isn't used in races, I found it's use here enjoyable and it did help the running of the event. So, a big thanks to Yoeri and all those that ran the race, especially those that stuck it out to the end.

RaceDepartment iRacing Oval Series - 2012 Summer Tour

rdios.jpg

Introduction

Welcome to the RaceDepartment iRacing Oval Series - 2012 Summer Tour. This is the inaugural oval series in iRacing for RaceDepartment. It consists of five events varying from 125 mile to 250 mile races that are held in a bi-weekly sequence during this summer. The other novelty of the season is the use of the iLeagueRace website as league management tool. This tool will take over the sign up procedure as well as the standings display. Time to get that truck and hit the tarmac!

Car
  • Chevrolet Silverado
Season schedule (Saturdays)
  1. Week 27 - 7 July - Charlotte 200 (134 laps) - Results
  2. Week 29 - 21 July - Iowa 125 (143 laps) - Results
  3. Week 31 - 4 August - Texas 200 (134 laps) - Results
  4. Week 33 - 18 August - Michigan 200 (100 laps) - Results
  5. Week 35 - 1 September - Cancelled
Event settings
  • Open practice: 15:00 GMT (170 minutes)
  • Qualification: 17:50 GMT (4 laps - lone qualifyer - 10 minutes)
  • Race: 18:00 GMT (125, 200 or 250 miles - maximum 3 hours)
  • Starting type: rolling
  • Fast tows: 1
  • Restarts: double file, lapped at back
  • Racers/server: 43
  • Password: click here
  • Time converter: click here
Point distribution system
  1. 50
  2. 40
  3. 32
  4. 26
  5. 22
  6. 20
  7. 19
  8. 18
  9. 17
  10. 16
  11. 15
  12. 14
  13. 13
  14. 12
  15. 11
  16. 10
  17. 9
  18. 8
  19. 7
  20. 6
  21. 5
  22. 4
  23. 3
  24. 2
  25. 1
NOTE: Each driver is allowed to drop one race. The four best results count towards the standings.

Prizes

130,000 people reading you won it.

How to join?
  1. Apply for a free RaceDepartment Licensed Membership here
  2. Sign up for RDiOS 2012 ST here
NOTE: Both steps are required in this specific order. Entries without RaceDepartment Licensed Membership will be denied!

Absences

Every driver that signs up for the competition is expected to join its events. Anyone that does not enter an event without giving prior notice of his absence will be replaced by a driver from the waiting list.

If you cannot participate please take the following steps:
  1. Start a conversation with Josh Barton and Yoeri Gijsen and notify us at least 24 hours before the start of the race.
  2. Edit your sign-up info by setting it to 'Unavailable' at the Series & Sign-up page.
NOTE: 24 hours before the race the entry list will freeze and the staff will add and notify drivers from the waiting list. Absent drivers cannot rejoin unless given permission by the staff due to limited grid spots.
Important links

Michigan 200

MichiganInternationalRaceway.png

>>> RESULTS <<<

Event settings
  • Track: Michigan International Speedway - Oval
  • Date: 18th of August, 2012
  • Open practice: 15:00 GMT (170 minutes)
  • Qualification: 17:50 GMT (4 laps - lone qualifyer - 10 minutes)
  • Race: 18:00 GMT (100 laps - maximum 3 hours)
  • Starting type: rolling
  • Fast tows: 1
  • Restarts: double file, lapped at back
  • Racers/server: 43
  • Password: click here
Click here to compare your local time to GMT

Briefing

The halfway point behind us, we now visit Michigan which is the second longest venue of the season. It's no super speedway though. You might still have to lift to make the corners and more importantly, to manage your tyres for the long run. Tyres are really of the essence in Michigan. The wide track allows for a multitude of lines (and thus of passing opportunities!), but not every possible line is fast and even less are good for the tyres.

Patience is the key here. Stamping the throttle too early off the corner migth reward you with fast laptimes at first, but will throw you down the cliff later in the stint. Practise and beware! ;)

Absences

Every driver that signs up for the competition is expected to join its events. Anyone that does not enter an event without giving prior notice of his absence will be replaced by a driver from the waiting list.

If you cannot participate please take the following steps:
  1. Start a conversation with Yoeri Gijsen and notify him at least 24 hours before the start of the race.
  2. Edit your sign-up info by setting it to 'Unavailable' at the Series & Sign-up page.
NOTE: 24 hours before the race the entry list will freeze and the staff will add and notify drivers from the waiting list. Absent drivers cannot rejoin unless given permission by the staff due to limited grid spots.

Chevrolet Silverado
  1. Yoeri Gijsen
  2. Joey Gattina
  3. Niel Hekkens (uncertain)
  4. Eckhart von Glan
  5. Rob Cuss
  6. Sidney Thomas
  7. Juen-Jen Wang
  8. Niklas Hjelm
  9. Philip Johansson (uncertain)
  10. Linus Brostrm
  11. Marcus Johansson
  12. Onno Naber
  13. Marc Heymann
  14. David Ross
  15. Eric Estes
  16. Chris Preston
  17. Morgan McColl
  18. Joel Wraith
  19. Trevor Forshaw
  20. Mark Hewitt
  21. Gerald Bowman-Brook
  22. Peter Kiermeier
  23. Nick Brown
  24. Carl Abrams II
  25. Silas Greiner
  26. Steve J Richardson
Regular driver (eligible to drive)
Absent (not eligible to drive)
Replacement driver (eligible to drive)
Waiting list (not eligible to drive)
Absent without notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%