RD Le Mans Series Season 7 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Daiman Patel @Yoeri Gijsen

Firstly ignore the crap driving I just wanted to do a quick video.

is this warping a bug in the game, the track or my computer??

My 4GB graphics card is buggered so i swapped in my 2GB GTX 650 and I have a feeling that it is that that's causing the problem as I had no issues at the last pre season race. I have graphics turned down now too.

The warping starts at around 1:28

Current Spec

CPU: 4 core AMD 3.6Ghz
GPU: 2GB GTX 650
RAM: 16GB

Quick question on the timetable in relation to qualifying

Traditionally in Motorsport the faster class qualifies last, any reason for having the p2s up first? Doesn't really matter but was just curious.

CPU: 4 core AMD 3.6Ghz
GPU: 2GB GTX 650
RAM: 16GB

It's not your graphics card, RAM or VRAM...
It's your CPU... :(

Check your CPU usage:
Press "ctrl-c"
You'll see a green and a purple bar.

The purple bar will max out and you'll notice the warping.

Dissable background apps, dissable plugins.
Check how many AI your PC can handle.

If the warping happens online: others will see you lag even if you have a good ping and connection.

High speed bankings with a packed grid is very CPU heavy. Once they spread out the load is spread out.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365960/

Recommended rF2 system specifications:
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel i5 or 4.0 GHz AMD FX
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 760 or AMD 7870
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 60 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Quick question on the timetable in relation to qualifying

Traditionally in Motorsport the faster class qualifies last, any reason for having the p2s up first? Doesn't really matter but was just curious.
Indeed, you are correct, and this is what I intend to do during the test - GT cars shall qualify first, followed by the Prototype cars, in a single 60 minute session that shall be "split" into two 30 minute sessions (an announcement shall be made on TeamSpeak), one for each class. I need to update the rules, but have not yet had the chance; I intend to do this either tomorrow evening, or Saturday morning / early afternoon, before the test event. :thumbsup:

What is the lap time for P2 ?

1.38 full tank is good or not ?
Unfortunately I am unable to answer your question as I have not yet had the opportunity to run a single lap at Daytona... not that I would be quick enough to know anyway! :p

Thank you very much John, for testing the issue as well as providing the video - the perfect piece of evidence. :thumbsup: I think it's pretty conclusive, based on the 'usage monitor', that the CPU is spiking whilst you are on the banking, and causing the warping effect. The warping then immediately stops and CPU usage reduces as soon as you exit the banked section of the circuit.

Have you checked the behaviour when there are fewer cars on the circuit? I notice that there are 44 cars in your video, but what happens if this is reduced to 30 or 20, just out of curiosity? :rolleyes:

Thank you very much John, for testing the issue as well as providing the video - the perfect piece of evidence. :thumbsup: I think it's pretty conclusive, based on the 'usage monitor', that the CPU is spiking whilst you are on the banking, and causing the warping effect. The warping then immediately stops and CPU usage reduces as soon as you exit the banked section of the circuit.

Have you checked the behaviour when there are fewer cars on the circuit? I notice that there are 44 cars in your video, but what happens if this is reduced to 30 or 20, just out of curiosity? :rolleyes:

I havnt tried with less cars yet but I will do tomorow. Thankyou for the help.

Quick question Daiman, when official practice begins, duplicate cars are not allowed. Since we will be fielding two cars to get more driving time, does this mean one of us will have to use one of the "test" skins once practice begins?

Quick question Daiman, when official practice begins, duplicate cars are not allowed. Since we will be fielding two cars to get more driving time, does this mean one of us will have to use one of the "test" skins once practice begins?
For the upcoming test race this rule shall not apply; instead, one of each car that shall participate in the race will be permitted on the server when official practice commences. :)

Update - February 10, 2017

The following additions and amendments have been made to the Rules & Regulations for the RDLMS. In case the rules in this section conflict with the 2017 RD League Regulations or v1.0 of the Additional Regulations for RDLMS Season 7 (see below for more information), the rules stated here shall override and supersede those in the aforementioned sets of regulations and guidelines.

1. Starting driver. The race must be started by the driver who participated in the qualifying session. Participation in the qualifying session is mandatory, only one driver for each car must be on the server during the session, and driver swaps are not permitted, therefore the driver on the server at the time of the qualifying session will be required to start the race.
  2. Driver swap mandatory. Each team needs to perform at least one (1) driver swap in the course of the race to be eligible for points.
  3. Blue flag exception. Blue flags need only be respected when it concerns two cars of the same class. The slower car may ignore a blue flag issued over an approaching faster car from a different class. Both cars are still encouraged to facilitate inter-class overtaking. It is advised that slower cars do not move off the racing line or make unexpected moves when being overtaken by a faster car. Always be predictable and drive within your limits to avoid accidents.
  4. Rejoining the server. In case a driver disconnects from the server the driver - and only the driver! - may reconnect to the server and continue in the same car. The driver in question is strongly advised to reboot his or her PC in order for the rejoin to take proper effect.
  5. Race start procedure. At the beginning of each race a safety car shall lead the grid away for a single formation lap, before a double-file rolling start. The safety car will be predominantly responsible for controlling the pace (this shall be approximately pit-lane speed). At the end of the formation lap the safety car shall move aside, and the lead car will be instructed to control the pace. No overtaking is permitted before the start / finish line.
  6. Racing infringements. Any racing infringements (such as causing a collision or disrespecting track boundaries) must be reported to the stewards immediately for review. The report must sent to the stewards by the team owner or one of his drivers. Any incident reported more than five (5) minutes after occurring will not be considered by the stewards.
  7. Other infringements. Any other infringements (such as software cheating or illegal drivers) can be reported to the stewards up to 24 hours after a the race. These incidents will be reviewed in the week after the event. This report must be sent by the team owner to @Frank , with the following in the title: RDLMS S7 Round <X> - <REASON FOR REPORT>. Please include a clear description of the incident, backed up with proof by way of a video or understandable data.

Additional Regulations for RDLMS Season 7 (v1.1 - addendum and amendments)
  • Race start procedure. At the beginning of each race a safety car shall move from the rear to the front of the grid, and lead the cars for a single formation lap, before a double-file rolling start. The safety car will be predominantly responsible for controlling the pace (this shall be approximately pit-lane speed). At the end of the formation lap the safety car shall move aside, and the lead car will be instructed to control the pace. Race control will subsequently call "Get Ready" before calling "Green Flag", at which point all overtaking shall be permitted.
  • TeamSpeak. At least one driver from each time is required to be present on the RaceDepartment TeamSpeak server, in a channel specifying your team name, at all times during an event. TeamSpeak shall be used for the pre-race briefing, as well as to make announcements during the qualifying and race sessions, for example to indicate the switch over time for GT and Prototype cars during the qualifying session, and to notify teams of green and yellow flags.
  • Qualifying format. The qualifying session shall be held in a single 60 minute session, but each class will only have 30 minutes to qualify. GT cars shall qualify first, followed by the Prototype cars. The start of the session and the switch over period shall be announced on TeamSpeak. Drivers must remain in their garage whilst it is not their qualifying session; any cars that enter the pit lane before the start of their qualifying session or after the end of their qualifying session (unless they are returning to their garage) shall receive a time penalty during the race. Pressing ESC is permitted. 5 and 10 minute warnings shall be given during the qualifying session for each class.
  • Headlights. All cars in the EnduRacers mod has fixed running lights (to allow cars to be visible to one another even in poor light conditions), so you may choose whether or not to also use your headlights during daytime hours. However, headlights must be used at night.
  • In case of a server crash. In the unfortunate (and hopefully unlikely) case of a server crash, teams shall be notified of the restart time over TeamSpeak and also in the RaceDepartment forums (in the thread for the current event). An attempt shall be made to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and have the race underway again within 30 minutes of the crash.To help us achieve this we ask that the same driver on the server before the crash is also the driver who rejoins for the restart, and that they do so as quickly as possible after the crash; this will help to reduce the administrative burden when (re)setting positions and laps, and speed up the restart process. The time taken to restart the race, from the moment the server crashes up to the (re)start procedure, shall be subtracted from the remaining time in the race.
  • Spectating. To help ensure the stability of the server, and also to prevent join / exit lags spectating on the server shall not be permitted. Drivers may only enter the server as a spectator if they intend to conduct a driver swap, and they should only join the server within 5 minutes / 2 laps (whichever comes first) of the planned pit stop. This applies only to race sessions. During all other official sessions no spectating shall be allowed on the server. (Live timing and a broadcast shall be provided from Round 1.)
  • Joining / leaving the server. During the qualifying session we ask that all drivers remain on the server (at this point only drivers who shall take part in the session should be on the server) to prevent join / leave messages. as well as lags when cars are loaded / unloaded. We would also prefer if drivers refrained from leaving the server during the warm up session so that we can ensure grid positions are maintained. We recommend that PCs, modems / routers, and anything else that you require is restarted and stable before the start of the official practice session.
  • Safety-first (yellow [blue] / orange / red) zones. For each race yellow [blue], orange and red zones, called Safety-first Zones, shall be defined, if necessary. The track map, in each event thread, shall indicate the locations of these zones, which have the following meanings:
    • Yellow [blue] zone: This is a one off zone that shall cover the first few corners, and will only be active for Lap 1 (and the first lap after any restarts). Its intended to prevent drivers from being overzealous at the start of the race. Overtaking is allowed in the yellow [blue] zone, but only with extreme care, and any accidents will be reviewed before immediate penalties are awarded to the offending car / driver.
    • Orange zone: These zones will be placed in "high-risk" areas, and will be enforced for the duration of the race. Overtaking is allowed in the orange zone, but only with extreme care, and any accidents will be reviewed before immediate penalties are awarded to the offending car / driver. Orange zones shall only be used if necessary.
    • Red zone: These zones will be placed in areas where overtaking is dangerous, therefore it shall not be permitted for the duration of the race. If a driver does overtake or cause an incident in a red zone then they shall be immediately penalised. Red zones shall be seldom used, and saved for only the most extreme cases.
  • Positioning when pitting. Guidance may be provided for positioning cars when pitting, to prevent accidents from occurring when an overtaking car does not realise that another car is moving to enter the pits. This guidance shall be provided according to the track, and only if it is necessary.
  • Full-course yellow. When a full-course yellow is called by Race Control there will be a countdown, over TeamSpeak, before it is enforced. Once in effect all cars must immediately slow to a safe speed, and engage their pit limiter. During the full-course yellow period all cars are expected to continue with caution, at a constant speed (i.e. pit-lane speed), and no overtaking shall be permitted. At the end of the period Race Control will state that the danger has cleared, and once again call "Green Flag" following a countdown. The pits shall remain open at all times. NOTE: During the full-course yellow period the session will actually remain green, for technical reasons, and announcements shall be made via TeamSpeak and the rFactor 2 chat box.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT!

The Additional Regulations for RDLMS Season 7 have now been updated, to v1.1; see here for more information. We would like to encourage you to please ask any questions that you may have regarding this update, or the rules & regulations in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 22 17.3%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 7.9%