RD MINI Challenge 2020

Guys anybody got a clue how to avoid this car from locking up it's tyres half way the race? During the last SGP test race the car became ultra twitchy when the race progressed. Have not found a good remedy yet.

Guys anybody got a clue how to avoid this car from locking up it's tyres half way the race? During the last SGP test race the car became ultra twitchy when the race progressed. Have not found a good remedy yet.
Be careful with the brakes, thats the biggest factor. I also think, that the brake bias should be moved to the front a bit.

Hey guys, another member of our team set up a second server.
It's called like the normal onewith an additional "Classic" behind it and has the same password.

1602262417086.png

See you on track!

No Chicane?! Well...at least I now mastered (kinda) how to keep this thing stable on 2 wheels going over those curbs; you can never have too much experience :roflmao:

If you get kicked dont keeping trying to re-enter, it means your content is NOT the same. Make sure to go to the mods tab on the SGP event page and make sure you have the latest car and track version installed.

Unlucky man, you had a really great run. Great pace! I really couldn't keep up.

Thanks! First time i've raced these Minis and i was making all sorts of mistakes in the first half of the race, settled down a bit after that but i struggled with 'feel'. AC has always been that way for me which is why i rarely use it. I'm hoping the next RDMC might use AMS2 Minis! (although i'd much prefer AMS1! :whistling: )

From my perspective a pretty good result, although I really have to improve my pace for the next races. Clearly I still have a lot to learn about driving the Mini :) Congrats @Benutzername on the win!

When I joined the race server and got "checksum mismatch", I knew something was wrong. Turns out I'd not only been practicing on the wrong track, but also the wrong car, and the new version of the Mini has way more understeer :p That was fun to learn how to work with through quali and the race. My pace definitely improved a lot towards the end, so I'm confident next week I can challenge more. Let's see how it goes.

Had some very fun battles with Erik, Tamas, Ross, and Samuel at the beginning of the race, some really crazy paint scraping stuff :p Amazingly everyone came off OK out of it I think -- really fun battle.

All in all, P2 is not a bad result (albeit aided by @Ross' misfortune). Roll on next week! :thumbsup:

Thanks @Bram Hengeveld for organising!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 139 34.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 238 58.9%