RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unofficially we have a new leader, Xalara5618 has braved the Monte Carlo mountains to emerge 37 seconds in the lead with his 205 T16. Unofficially we have a total of 12 finishers so far.

Had to do a final skin job on the Kadett so I thought I would put some helpful instructions to spectators on Oliver.
24848-1483936726-dd7497b161f28d61cd93fbce48599b3d.jpg

racenet does have its days, that - i suppose - is why the events are spread out over a couple of days. About once a month I cannot log on at all, though so far I have never been logged off (fingers crossed). In the olden days of Richard Burns Tournaments, we did all the stages at one go on one evening, which was really cool as you could actually get disqualified if you did not finish the final stage by midnight or whatever our deadline was. We always had a fun chat parallel to the event where people would comment on their stages, loved it.

Hi
Only one question: In OnLine League, PS4 users, they can only see the driver´s times of their platform, of course....then, there will be some post here in Fórum, adding their times with the PC´s ones, to see overall times between both platforms?

Hi
Only one question: In OnLine League, PS4 users, they can only see the driver´s times of their platform, of course....then, there will be some post here in Fórum, adding their times with the PC´s ones, to see overall times between both platforms?

Yup :) We have a couple of brilliant Kiwi's* with us here, one of them @Michael Nelson will put them together. While the other @Jack Hintz spends his time creating all the brilliant graphics around here, including the design, layout and production of the magazine :)

*Kiwi is the nickname of people from New Zealand :) Jack and Michael are not small and green inside. I think...:x3:

Unofficially we have a new leader, Xalara5618 has braved the Monte Carlo mountains to emerge 37 seconds in the lead with his 205 T16. Unofficially we have a total of 12 finishers so far.

I kept getting refused by Racenet when trying to load SS10. A steam intehrity check did the trick.
However, I'm kinda curious what mod Racenet didn't like. I use a FFB mod and a camera mod to get the incar cam where I want it. Used them on the previous stages :/

I kept getting refused by Racenet when trying to load SS10. A steam intehrity check did the trick.
However, I'm kinda curious what mod Racenet didn't like. I use a FFB mod and a camera mod to get the incar cam where I want it. Used them on the previous stages :/

You just got a random issue. I had the same, and I removed all my mods, still didn't fix anything. Ran an integrity check, didn't fix it. Reinstalled the game, then it got fixed.
This is the reason why we have a small amount of checkpoints in the league as well :)

ok i have a big problem.

I load up dirt then click on leagues, then it sais i haven't registered with racenet which i assube i have seeing as i have joined the league on racenet so it gives me an option to register and if i click yes it tells me "waiting for browser to open" and the game crashes.

Have i done this correctly or am i just being a complete idiot again??

Thanks.

EDIT: I can do the online daily events ect so i dont know what the problem is.

ok i have a big problem.

I load up dirt then click on leagues, then it sais i haven't registered with racenet which i assube i have seeing as i have joined the league on racenet so it gives me an option to register and if i click yes it tells me "waiting for browser to open" and the game crashes.

Have i done this correctly or am i just being a complete idiot again??

Thanks.

EDIT: I can do the online daily events ect so i dont know what the problem is.

Hmm, I remember reading something like this in the early early days of DiRT Rally, but I cannot remember what was done about it. I will do some digging, maybe I'm able to find something!

EDIT: Just the usual checks for errors anyway. Validate Steam files, when you log on to dirtgame.com check that your dirtgame-racenet account is linked with Steam.
I guess both tips will end up with no difference, but it is worth a shot :)

Last edited:
just done some doiing myself and its fixed.

Step 1 : Goto https://www.dirtgame.com/home
Step 2 : Register a new account by clicking the Steam icon at the bottom. DO NOT FILL THE FORM IN YET!!!!!
click_steam.png

Step 3 : Sign in using your Steam credentials
Step 4 : Fill out your email address ect.
Step 5 : (I dont know if this is mandatory but it worked for me) On the Dirt Rally page click Launch Game.
launch.png

Step 6 : When in game do what you normally would :)

I had issues with RaceNet too at first. Just by starting the game it logs you in using your Steam credentials, so you can do the non-league online stuff. It seems you're not officially "registered" until you go to the website and enter an email address and password for your account though. Haven't had any issues since.

just done some doiing myself and its fixed.

Step 1 : Goto https://www.dirtgame.com/home
Step 2 : Register a new account by clicking the Steam icon at the bottom. DO NOT FILL THE FORM IN YET!!!!!
click_steam.png

Step 3 : Sign in using your Steam credentials
Step 4 : Fill out your email address ect.
Step 5 : (I dont know if this is mandatory but it worked for me) On the Dirt Rally page click Launch Game.
launch.png

Step 6 : When in game do what you normally would :)

I tried this but didn't work :( Any other ideas anyone?

I tried this but didn't work :( Any other ideas anyone?

You have started the rally, and then some issue have happened that makes it impossible to connect to racenet if I understand the issue correctly?
If so, run a steam validations on the files (remember to backup liveries etc.), if that don't work, try to leave any leagues you don't participate in. If that don't work, you can wait for this event to finish, and hope that the issue fix's itself. If it don't, you'll have to reinstall the game.

Did you use the "save&quit" feature?

You have started the rally, and then some issue have happened that makes it impossible to connect to racenet if I understand the issue correctly?
If so, run a steam validations on the files (remember to backup liveries etc.), if that don't work, try to leave any leagues you don't participate in. If that don't work, you can wait for this event to finish, and hope that the issue fix's itself. If it don't, you'll have to reinstall the game.

Did you use the "save&quit" feature?
When I moved from Monaco to Sweden it just disconnected me? I happens when I take part is codies events and leagues usually in Finland, maybe it's something to do with Scandinavia?!? :confused: I'll try fixing it tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%