RDCCC S3 - Chevrolet Camaro Cup (Race On)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yves Larose

Premium
RDCCC S3 - Media

Camaro.png

What is this?

This is the RaceDepartment Chevrolet Camaro Cup Media thread. In here everyone can post their movies and screenshots.

Notes

• Please resize images/screenshots to roughly 640x480.
  • Movies may be embedded.
  • Do not post reactions. Rather click the Thanks button.

First of all, thank you for the invitation to participate in this lovely cup event.

With not time at all for any practice, I joined server with a few minutes to setup...a setup... :rolleyes:
Got the 11th place at the starting grid. :cool:

When the red lights went off, I pushed the throttle and there I go...I overtook all field...:airplane:...
with a very very very short time spare, and a few leagues running on, I just forgot the rolling start. :honk:

I was wondering why I was getting 25 seconds of gap for the field (I'm writing this and believe me, I am ROFL) :roflol:
Fortunatly, Yves warn me that start was a rolling one. By then, I was crying and laughing like an idiot. :woot:
I stopped before the S/F line and let all field go away in front of me. The idiot now was in last position...:facepalm: soon, I managed to get my pace and had a nice duel with Petersen for 15 laps.
When I was in a solid 9th place and sparing fuel strategy (1 stop due to a 6000 RPM max driving), I had a CTD with an update STEAM idiocy. :mad:
So, I lost the final fun and the curiosity of knowing if my strategy would work, at least to finish in the top 5. :confused:

Again, thank you for the invitation, I do tried to stay away from any regular drivers fight as a guest. I hope I did.

Congrats all and I hope you all had fun.

Cheers

I've just had a god forsaken Run Time Error! Sorry if anyone had the unfortunate outcome of either hitting a stationary car on the run up to the parabolica, or having a car topedo it self into the tyre barrier on the outside of the parabolica and bounce back onto the parabolica. Really sorryif anyone did, I couldn't get back in, and shut Race07 down as fastas Task Manager could.

I was having fun after the disaster of Silverstone. Running around 13th I think (can't even check the replay file as there isn't one for the race) and I genuinally thought I could get something around 10th -12th with a one stopper, as I didn't need to go that much slower in order to achieve the neceseery fuel consumption. Really gutted.

Sorry Glenn Petersen and Chris Sykes if you think I pushed you two off when running side by side, tried giving you room.

I'll cya all later, off to a wet Zandvoort for me.

P.S, can anyone help me get Moteci2 to work. Got it on a suggestion from Keith Barrick, but can't get it to work.

No problem ethan, I've got the Motoi2 to work it's really easy.

Had a decent quali considering I just did a few laps before the event started so started in 10th.

Got off to a good start and the first half of the first lap I could attack the guys infront but after that they left me behind. I thought I was going to have a hard time to be in the top 10 because it looked as I was one of very few going for two stops. But I had a good pace in the second stint and with others dropping out I could finish in 9th. Nice track choise, Yves, I really enjoyed it. Grats to Rami and the others who finished!

@Ethan: You really don't have to be that close in the beginning of the formation lap. You tapped me twice. It wasn't a big deal but it could have had bigger consequences. Just a tip for next time.

Had a nice race tonight. specially in the 1st stint.

when taking my pit i pushed the wrong button and lost some valueable seconds to Chris. Then i also lost my car after the pit, and had to follow Chris on about 20 seconds.

Sorry to Bob Hutchins, i got some blue flags but i was trying to go as fast as possible to stay ahead of 2 BVM cars that just outraced Martin who was on 4th spot for a long time i think.
Also saw the checkered flag at that moment and didnt realised you where still pussing that hard to stay ahead on Yves.

ok about the mod guy's, completely my fault i forgot to modified the top post :frown: the version of the mod we are using is the one on RD download server, meaning 1.0 and not the 1.11 that we used for the first 2 races. so if you get the 1.0 version everything should be alright next time.

sorry again my bad guy,s :frown:

Hard race for me against this orange maniacs :)

In qualy made a early lap but did one mistake and one more in last corner over the gravel :tongue:. I lost sure a half of a second, thoght already "Crap, whaty a ****ty lap!" That i was with that second was quite surprisngly. seems behind Rami everyone had his moment, strange.

Starting the race i could see Rami´s less traing :rolleyes:. he go left and right off line. Crazy that i couldn´t profite from this, he ever get anyhow the corner - not to believe. After some laps he got it and the normal way begun. Shame that Martijn disconnect, that had been very interesting together with Peter. Peter behind me was faster but in my interest was clear to hold him behind me, at least that Rami is out of his reach. With a very good move - was only a little too late - he pass me before the stop. Anyhow i had really too watch then to got 20 laps.
Due a faster stop i go out close again to Peter, was a bit angry "Man one second faster on track and had get him". So i tried all to follow to get maybe a chance. First i could drove similar times but i had already one big problem. Every lap i lost minimum 2-3 tenth in this damn last corner. On the lap i lost nearly nothing but this corner... :tongue:. Anyhow, how longer we drove i became slower and slower. Incredible that it seems i´m the only one who notice the tyrewear. After 15 laps i got the warning and last laps Peter drove 1-2 sec faster. Only :confused: to me.
So i´m very happy with P3, was nothing more possible - drove a clean race (against Silverstone), congrats Rami and Peter - well done.
:thanks: all for racing :good:. Btw. great start Paulo :wink:.

Firstly, as it turned out Freddie, Yves waited for me to get back on track after going off following you, so I still finished 4th, as for Martin, he had to conserve fuel at the end so lost a couple of places.

Secondly, big thanks to Yves for seeing what had happened and letting me take the 4th spot which I would have got easely if it wasn't for Freddie getting in my way at the end who was by then 2 laps down.

Now the race report.
Quali went well posting my fastest time which put in 7th. What was a surprise was the fact that Yves was behind me in 8th, so all I can asume is that bad luck visted him again. After seeing Paulo head off into the distance at the start we rolled round to the start line for the race. I knew Yves would be hard on my tail so I didn't put up any defence when he went for the T1 pass. Sticking to my strategy I knew I had to use less than 4.5ltr a lap to get to the 20 lap first stop, this I managed quite well. During the first stint, first I noticed Bob M having a spin and dropping back & then I saw Yves do the same. Following Caramidaru, I managed to maintain the gap to him & even started to close it down as the stint progressed & we got to the point were the tyres started to go off. With Martin in close attendance I knew I couldn't afford any mistakes & then with about 6 of so laps before my pit stop I saw Caramidaru frozen on track and managed to just avoid him. Martin went for a pitstop on lap 19 & I was going on lap 20. As I came out Martin was full throtle coming up the straight so I had to slot in behind him going into turn 1. Now losing my 4th spot I stayed on his tail trying not to make any mistakes knowing that towards the end of the race he may have to back off either due to tyre wear or fuel. I stayed close, around 2 secs behind & as the laps counted down the gap slowly started to come down. In the meantime I noticed Yves was now behind me & closing the gap but I thought I might just be able to hold him off until the fiinish. As we got to around 6 laps to go Martin was still infront so I pushed even harder hoping he would have to back off soon. During this I made a little mistake which allowed Yves to get right on my tail, he tried a pass but I was staying on the racing line so shut the door. With around 3 laps to go Martin was still pushing quite hard & I thought that maybe he was ok but by now I was right on his tail. Coming out of the last corner I was almost bumpdrafting him hoping to get a better run up the straight into T1 but then he backed off up the straight allowing me to get back my 4th spot. With Yves now about a second behind me I knew I just had to keep it clean to bring it home in 4th which nearly didn't happen, it did so I pleased with my efforts.

Thanks to Yves for putting together a great league & for being a gentleman driver, cheers mate. Wd to Rami on another win also grts to the rest of the podium. I would also like to thank Martin for a great race & especially the second stint, nice driving there dude. Now onto the final race of the season, see you all there for the finale.

Was a little bit annoyed at turn 1 when received a tap that spun me losing 3 places, but after watching reply Caramidaru swerved violently onto grass and really could do nothing about it from then. After that followed Bob until I made a slight mistake losing me another place, then spun into the wall at a place I hadn`t spun at all before giving aero damage and knocking 2 secs a lap off my pace. Decided after a few laps that I could cope with it so didn`t fix it in the pits and just cruised home in 7th.

Grats Rami (normal service is resumed) and podium and thanks to Yves another great track and car combo.

I had everything ready after the silverston race monday new setup, this setup 0.3 sek faster Silverstone a pity that I only noticed after the Silvestone race. I did meiby 15 testlaps before the real quali,I did my PB 40,0 low fuell and full tank 40,8 I was pretty happy.
Qual:I am pleased P1
Race:I calculator that consumption must be no more than about 4.47 I noticed that the sector two were anyway better run high gear it was faster and economic Camaros awesome torque,Amazing even worn tires Camaro was easy and fast to drive in slow corners.
After about 10 laps I got a little different so I was able to focus on economy drive and do steady fast laps after pit difference increased to 11 sek and I push few fast laps to get fastest lap 40,9 ;) to win the race this was a small surprise for me too :cool:
Grats Peter and Adreas podium.
Grats Yves and RD

That turned in to my damage limitation round.....

Really badly underestimated how slow i am at installing stuff again after an upgrade and ended up scrabbling in the server with a fresh knocked up profile and horrible gfx settings,it was all just wrong and didnt look or,more importantly,feel like before,qualify was actually going ok until i spun it so start 15th...
A little bit of fun action with Andre H. was all i can report.
Been getting my stuff back together in Race On properly just now and have it back to better than it ever was before.
Grats Rami and podiums

Thank You Yves & RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%