RDRC S3 Chat, Questions, Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL my NORMAN Security Site(An Anti-virus program from Switzerland) detects the richardburnsrally.exe as trojan and puts it in quaratine. I can restore it, but it straight puts it back(Even though it's harmless). I think I need to create and exception for the RBR folder so it won't sort it out again and again.

EDIT: No wonder I couldn't start the game! *fail*

As I have a G27, I also have the Logitech Profiler. I hear you have to start the game via the RBRcenter. Can I enter that as the exe file and still start it via the Profiler to make sure the wheel works properly or is it different?

You shouldn't need to have your Logitech Profiler launch RSCenter. RSCenter is only used for Administering and organising everything for the Mods, On-Line content etc. Once the game is launched, your normal RBR game takes over. So, if you want to use the Profiler with specific settings for RBR, use the RBR exe file, not RSCenter.

I just set my Global Profile to the settings I want, so I don't need anything special for RBR.

A thought occurred to me when I was watching the WRC Power Stage coverage from Rally Germany.

Why not have an RDRC Power Stage whereby we run a short stage and the winner of said stage gains extra points (3 for a Power Stage win in WRC, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd), regardless of overall position. Will be good for testing all out pace of the drivers.

I thought asbout a powerstage for this season but I see 2 issues

1/ I have said before that this isn't the WRC and I didn't want to try and emulate it. That said, I am sure other championships either have or will use the idea. So really it's not a big issue.

2/ The other one is more of an issue. With the problems of people having to drop out of a rally becuase of random computer issues and no way to rejoin, having the final stage being worth extra points would put them at an even larger disadvantage. I am working on something for S4 that might fix both of these problems, but I will let you all know about that later;)

BTW, I really want to hear more ideas like this. Anyway we can make the championship better and encourage new drivers to join and stay will be great to hear.

That reminds of something else. If we're not emulating WRC how about something similar to Polish/Czech (might be wrong on the latter :)), giving away additional points for the respective days of the rally? In PL champ those are the most important points, winning overall is just a bonus; but I'd rather see it done the other way around (i.e. 25pts for victory, 5-10pts max per day for example).

The Australiam championship does something similar, with 2 days being run as 2 heats (points awarded for each). To be honest I am not a fan, but thats me. And the way the current session system works with RSRBR we would need to run each day as a seperate session, that will just get to much for Norman creating them all.

It might be something we can work into what i am working on and will keep it in mind if others want something like this, let us know guys.

If it wasn't a seperate session we would have the same issue I mentioned about the power stages. A driver that drops out after a couple of stages because of a computer issue would miss out on 2 lots of points. Also, it would be difficult for each driver to tell how they are going unless the times get reset.

Computer problems are rare and it wouldn't be as bad - it's just like wrecking a car and bringing it to a FUBAR state. We can't be over-sensitive with that, not with the way RSRBR handles our sessions :). Results would be calculated by Norman's app - from what I saw it's just a small modification to get it done. Unless he thinks otherwise, that is.

Did I see wrong or was the penalty of retiring in BTB Sweden - Limbo counted 16min to your total time..? I mashed my radiator in ss1 and almost got thru ss2 -limbo-, 0,5km before finishline my subaru couldn't take the heat no more.. :( It's something like double penalty retirement then other stages.. Damn that tree which was stronger then my car! :D

Did I see wrong or was the penalty of retiring in BTB Sweden - Limbo counted 16min to your total time..? I mashed my radiator in ss1 and almost got thru ss2 -limbo-, 0,5km before finishline my subaru couldn't take the heat no more.. :( It's something like double penalty retirement then other stages.. Damn that tree which was stronger then my car! :D

Yep seems BTB stages give harse time penalties, i`ve been caught out twice in league rallies :(

I think this is one thing what should be corrected. It's over 10 minutes penalty for retiring, I ain't so exellent driver and I drive it under 6 minutes easily.. Daamn but 500 meters!?!?!? I was just 3 seconds behind my other runs time at second split. :no:

It's doable from my side, I'd just manually adjust the results to give a 10 min penalty (which seems much more reasonable to me).
But ultimately, Rick has to decide if it can be changed at this late stage. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 247 34.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 196 27.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 136 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 59 8.2%