RDRC S3 Chat, Questions, Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ufffffffffffff.....my brain is boiling......lol

All very confusing and overcomplicated.....why wouldn't be a grade 1 table so one can see and calculate himself where the team points come from....?
Anyway, that means most teams consisting of higher grade drivers won't stand a chance against other teams with lower grades drivers simply because of the difference in numbers of drivers competing in each grade.........or against teams with mix grades......

I wished i took more notice of the team calculating system before the start of the championship...............................
This system is simply wrong and not fair IMO............

Dariusz, I didn't fully understand the Teams Points system until after Round 1, but to be honest, I think it is good (and not because we went ok in Round 1). I think Rick has tried to be fair and give lower grade drivers a chance to compete with higher grade drivers.
The actual numbers in each grade aren't hugely different when you look at the Grading List before before the season started. The Admin guys could hardly know how many would sign-up at that stage.
If a new driver (Grade 4, ), is totally dominant in his Grade eg. as in Round 1 (eg. Daniel), he gets promoted into the higher class which is more competitive.
If you made the points based on Car Class only, then some drivers (eg. me or Simone) would probably gain lots more points due to driving in a lower class. However, because we are Grade 1, we must compete for team points against Grade 1 drivers who are in faster cars.
If you made it based only on Outright points, the guys in lower class cars wouldn't stand a chance and basically only the Grade 1 WRC cars would have a huge advantage.

So, after thinking about this myself, I can't think of a fairer way to do it. The top drivers will dominate the overall Championship, which is the main focus, but the other guys (all through the ranks) have something to strive for and keep them interested.
The Team Rules were published up-front, but how else would you recommend it be done? Maybe you can give Rick and his team some constructive suggestions for next Season.

Dariusz, I did notice the team scoring system mostly because I am in the extreme case. Being a Grade 2 driver in J-RDRC (the lowest car class for Grade 2) meant I could effectively write off any chance of scoring meaningful team points. My assumption was right, and my class win netted me 4 team points. Not thrilled about it, but going into this season I understood my J-RDRC entry would be taking me out of the running in Grade 2, and thus the team points.

I probably should have pointed it out for discussion, but didn't for two reasons. First, I don't really know of a better way to do it, other than going off car classes which opens the door for sandbagging, which is specifically what this system was designed to eliminate. Second, I figured I would be in the minority of people taking the lowest car class in their grade, and since no one else brought it up, I just figured everyone was OK with it.

I do like that the lower grades can contribute as much to the team scoring as the higher grades can, and think the system serves the intended purpose of making faster drivers move up into the higher car classes in their grade. But believe me, I am feeling the sting of this scoring system, probably more than anyone else at this point.

My assumption was right, and my class win netted me 4 team points.

There are others in the same boat Aaron, my class win in Round 2 netted me 2 team points. However, I still think it is pretty fair, and hopefully will give different drivers a greater interest and motivation. :)

I can't really think of a better way to do it.

I suppose it is very difficult to find fair and square system which would include all drivers, i have to admit. And no, i can't think of a better option right now. But that doesn't mean i,m happy with this one, there must be a fairer way of doing team championships.......

There are others in the same boat Aaron, my class win in Round 2 netted me 2 team points. However, I still think it is pretty fair, and hopefully will give different drivers a greater interest and motivation. :)

I can't really think of a better way to do it.

At the moment, I can't think of a better way to do it - you could always argue that grade 3 drivers are penalized by having grade 2 drivers running in their class. Using the class and driver grade certainly evens out the imbalance between grade 2 & 3 running in the same class and their might even be an argument for running grade 3 drivers in the Rookie class but how unfair would that be??

Pete

I rather like it, having been a bit peeved to face the likes of Warren and Simone in Production with little chance of scoring points myself, the driver grade tables and the team championship certainly make up for it. Now, I can lean back, relx and witness what a fast guy can do with a production car.

Guys, why don't you try the Rallysimfans plugin once? :) In that plugin, you can set a lot of stages per rally, you don't have to create 12 sessions/round, and it has got almost every addon tracks and cars which is available in the RSRBR plugin. :)

The main reason I don't want to use the Czech plugin is the physics. The original games grip levels are good but IMO should be less, rallyesim gave it more but only a little. The Czech plugin has a LOT more grip and it is just unrealistic to me.

I am working on a sollution with rallyesim (nothing is fixed yet but I'm working on it) but it would be for season 4.

Dariusz - I always (from season 1) intended for a back marker to be able to compete with a front running driver. In fact I wanted to make it more biased away from the top drivers. You also have to remember that a driver can only be grade 4 for 3 events (they might not even all be championship events). 6 out of the 9 grade 4 drivers move to grade 3 as of round 3, so the points they get will be harder to come by.

As a grade 1 driver, you are competing for the outright or class win. To win grade 1 you HAVE to win your class so there is no point in offering grade 1 points.

i`m staring to get my head round this new points system and i think over the season it should work out ok.

Dariusz - I always (from season 1) intended for a back marker to be able to compete with a front running driver. In fact I wanted to make it more biased away from the top drivers. You also have to remember that a driver can only be grade 4 for 3 events (they might not even all be championship events). 6 out of the 9 grade 4 drivers move to grade 3 as of round 3, so the points they get will be harder to come by.

As a grade 1 driver, you are competing for the outright or class win. To win grade 1 you HAVE to win your class so there is no point in offering grade 1 points.

when a driver gets upgraded during the season, when do they start scoring there team points from the higher grade?

As soon as they move.

It will only be manditory for a driver to change grade during a season if they move from grade 4 to 3, or if they qualify to move 2 grades from their original grade as at the start of the season. You MAY move if you qualify and WANT to however.

If the following drivers wish to move driver grade before the end of the season they must contact the RDRC Director. They may stay Iin their current grade untill the end of the year if they wish.

Ian Bundell - Moves from Grade 2 to 1 (finished 7th outright in round 2)

Rick I've already been moved from grade 4 to 2 this season. I thought I read somewhere that a driver could only move 2 grades in 1 season?
Also moving would depend heavily on whether Norman and Hubert intend to stay as grade 2 so we can make it a season long battle.

Rick I've already been moved from grade 4 to 2 this season. I thought I read somewhere that a driver could only move 2 grades in 1 season?
Also moving would depend heavily on whether Norman and Hubert intend to stay as grade 2 so we can make it a season long battle.

A driver can move any time he qualifies. This move is optional for you. You will be grade 1 next season and If you want you can move to grade 1 this season. If you have a look at the grading table there is a note next to your name that says

Ian Bundell (Has qualified for Grade 1. Request to be moved before the end of the season)

That means you qualify, but it is your choice if you want to move before the end of the season. This is so that if someone wants to drive a car in the next grade they can move up faster but if, like you, they want to continue in the lower grade they can. A manditory move only happens if you move 2 grades at once (your move from grade 4) or if you move from grade 4 to grade 3 (after your first 3 rallies.)

I have the opinion that I like having the games in my hands instead of just downloading it. So I could for example install it directly again.

Yeah, I am picky:tongue:

My favourite gamestore told me they could get me a copy(They said something like english version, was there even a German one and does it matter?) for 30 CHF. Ebay and things are probably cheaper, but it would be new and as said, I don't have my own credit card.

They also said it might not work on Win 7. Is that where the patches can help me or trial-and-error approach?

You could get at least 5 new and sealed copies on eBay for 30 CHF. That's practically a price of a cup of coffee, surely you have someone with a credit card who could buy it for you.

It works out of the box on Win 7 x64.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 33 5.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%