PC1 Reaction to the newer builds

I have been avoiding pCARS for a while, because of problems with input lag and laggy graphics at the lowest settings. I decided to give it another try this evening as I had nothing to do. I'm glad I did, as it is massively improved since I last tried it a couple of months ago. I think some fine tuning with regards to my ffb settings and this could be great fun. I'm looking forward to this game, mostly on the consoles, because if there isn't going to be modding, I'd rather have it on there anyway. So to the detractors, I urge you to give it another shot. They are getting there.

LOL don't forget the AC fans proclaiming it's the best thing since sliced bread.
People are basing their opinion on first impressions and also the devs previous works. So far they (Kunos) seem to be on a good way, aren't they? :)

Get away from brush models for tyres or do away with the dome projection used for the graphics so the world view isn't all distorted when looking to the side etc.
- I don't see a simulation with a properly tweaked brush model that doesn't feel and perform right...? Name me one. I know that models ignoring tires' carcass got serious problems, but those models are not intended for real-time use anyway, just for tire analysis and prediction under varying conditions.

- True, but there are probably side effects by doing so, like depth and speed perception. But more options sure are welcome.

It's also some bizarre comments from some WMD members suggesting from video footage alone, that pcars best cars drive better than AC:rolleyes:.
I dont see how this relates. Im not saying sms didnt lie to people. Im just not going to be so dramatic and act like its on the top of my life issues list.

Edit. I kind of see where you were going now and i agree thats just silly. On the other hand, people are claiming how good AC drives when all they have to go on is videos as well. I bet ac beats out pcars in every aspect of handling but only time will tell. The one thing with even the best cars in pcars is that you never have to muscle them around the track like you do in other sims and from the looks of some of the ac videos, you may have your hands full at times trying to tame the beasts.

I bet ac beats out pcars in every aspect of handling but only time will tell.

Not sure what the deal is with Simbins Brno track, but it seems to have every geometrical property known to man included in it, so when I was driving the retro packs 74 corvette there, I get so much constant feedback, I almost wonder how much better a new sim can be, but in the AC vids, that BMW seemed to be unloading plenty of feedback at the end of the main straight at Monza.

One thing some sims do lack IMO is more precise throttle control{consider the GSC camaro as an example of having epic throttle control}, so if we have some sort of focus on that and physics/FFB as good as they are now, I'll be happy.

Some of us own netkar/FVA and also Shift1/2....do the math, LOL.

Same here but I never expected Shift 1/2 to be anything else than shiny packaged arcade.
The EA moniker gave it away.
Unless I'm mistaken their last title with any sim aspirations was F1 Challenge.
after that it was downhill all the way.

As I posted earlier, the latest pCars build already has some very convincing physics in the Lotus 49.
If they step it up anotch for the new tyre model and give some attention to the winged cars it's a good stride in the right direction.
They still have some major issues to deal with but it's a promising sign.

And If AC ends up as an enhanced and better NetKar, we all win.
But I still remeber the first few months after release of NetKar when it was a far cry from what it is now.

So I'm reserving my judgement as of yet.

Some of us own netkar/FVA and also Shift1/2....do the math, LOL.
Let's not forget that many of the people working on CARS also had a hand in making GTR, GTR 2 and GT Legends :)

When I open this thread and see the same old back and forth, I am reminded of a quote from an interview with Marco Massarutto: "If the community stops the religion wars of “my sim is better than yours” and embraces the small number of simulations that exist in the market, then the same market will grow and become healthier".

The problem is that several games are pushed into the sim niche which only pretend to be sims but receive the full acceptance by a popular game crowd like they're sims, when they're not, compared to actual sim standards. And with them, the causal racers, come the ugly arguments and quarrels while they try to defend their games as sims. Best examples are Gran Tourismo and Forza Motorsports along some others.;)

When I open this thread and see the same old back and forth, I am reminded of a quote from an interview with Marco Massarutto: "If the community stops the religion wars of “my sim is better than yours” and embraces the small number of simulations that exist in the market, then the same market will grow and become healthier".

This is more of the fantasy that we see repeated here in the form of requests for unity, instead, people should be free to speak their mind and let facts and logic distinguish their comments.
We're not all in love with each other, we don't all think the same wrt any number of topics, we don't have the same sense of humour etc.

There can be no doubt. PCars is Shift3 in almost all respects. It looks the same, handles the same and even has some of the same models in it. I suppose they were bound to recycle old stuff to save money. Looking at the replays, the same terrible crash physics are also being used. And as for the external replay sound, well that is just pathetic. That really needs fixing. Lets hope build 10,778 fixes that.

Im not one to defend pCars physics or handling, but shift 2 handled like a bathtub on ice for me, I couldn't get around the track without sliding off no matter how slow I tried to be. With pCars at least I can drive the damn car around a track, but it feels lifeless, it gives me no sense of speed, no sense of traction, nothing, it just feels very boring ATM.

This is more of the fantasy that we see repeated here in the form of requests for unity, instead, people should be free to speak their mind and let facts and logic distinguish their comments.
We're not all in love with each other, we don't all think the same wrt any number of topics, we don't have the same sense of humour etc.
Thats the problem. Facts rarely come out, its mostly opinion. Opinion: pcars drives nothing like shift. Doesnt even really look like it. The trwacks arent littered with millions of advertisements and have a general real life feel. The cockpit models arent even close and the dynamic weather is really pushing new boundaries. It may be easy to drive, but my opinion, is really distancing itself from shift. I have both shift games on steam and have 10 hours on shift 1 and 4 on shift 2. In comparison ive spent probably 30 hours on pcars. Shift didnt hold my interest but pcars can at least do that, hardcore sim or no.

The problem is that several games are pushed into the sim niche which only pretend to be sims but receive the full acceptance by a popular game crowd like they're sims, when they're not, compared to actual sim standards. And with them, the causal racers, come the ugly arguments and quarrels while they try to defend their games as sims. Best examples are Gran Tourismo and Forza Motorsports along some others.;)
To be honest im not seeing many people arguing that pcars is a hardcore sim anymore. The general consensus is that it is not. The main problem is that people like you ass.ume that pcars supporters are all casual racers. You act like you are part of some super elite hardcore simracer group lol. Ok dude. I run weeks of practice for an endurance team and participate in 12 hour driver swapping events and have dumped half my net worth into iracing so its not just "casual" racers supporting pcars. It all seems so petty, kind of like high school.

Someones got to i guess. I just dont understand why. If you dont see something as sim as you want it to be, than why bother with it at all? No amount of arguing against pcars is going to change the minds of those that like it, so why waste the energy? I dont like gran turismo but im not in their forum telling them its not a sim. Im not trying to be a dick here but it seems foolish to waste energy on negativity, especially on the level that the pcars forum has shown.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 30 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%