rF2 Road Racing Series - Race Six @ Machwerk 67 - Mon August 30th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
wow at first try this track is difficult to drive for me a lotta practise needed hehe, might just be that i just got realfeel and i cant figure out how to get it set up properly (very hard steering but the feel of the road is way better than standard ffb)

aww my pc has got a virus, something i downloaded makin popups minimise rfactor all the time so i wont be able to race :( this is the first time ive gotten a virus in a year....

signing out D:

EDIT: actually i might be able to make it i found the trouble maker :D
EDIT 2: stupid windows wont let me the administrator delete the files... how the heck do i not have permission? its my pc not microsofts......

Was in second place on the last lap, looked at how many laps I've done it said 3(however I thought I was on the third lap, argh I always do that!:facepalm:) so I pitted thinking I wasnt able to make it on fuel. When I got out I was reminded of 'One Lap To Go' then just some seconds later I get CONNECTION LOST!!!! :mad: Words cannot describe how dissapointed in myself I am right now! However thanks for the race and congrats to those who finished it! :love-over:

GRRRrrrr.....
Was really look'n forward to this & I wasn't 'allowed' to joint until LONG after event started &
then only to watch but with no details!
Thanks again to Ryan & RD for the event, hoping we dont have to wait to long for another one somewhere.....

was a nice night!!!! first time with the mod, first time on that "easy" track (i'm ironical :p)..... had an accident in the first 2 laps and had also some problems with the car damage for the rest of the race, but i'm really happy that i survive and take at home the car in 4th position!!! :D

I was swamped on the first lap, had a couple of spins and then had a lonely race to the finish with a couple of scary offs but didn't damage the car.

Finished 5th and apparently won the championship, a bit undeserved really though, all i did was enter all the races and get to the end of all but 1 of them (even then i scored points). I wasn't particularly fast in any of them.

P.S. Thanks Ryan, RD and all those who participated.

I was swamped on the first lap, had a couple of spins and then had a lonely race to the finish with a couple of scary offs but didn't damage the car.

Finished 5th and apparently won the championship, a bit undeserved really though, all i did was enter all the races and get to the end of all but 1 of them (even then i scored points). I wasn't particularly fast in any of them.

Thats what these races were all about, keeping it on the road. Consistency always pays off. Well done mate :)

As for my race, rather uneventful, had a good start, climbed up into second off the line, then Valerio made a mistake in front of me which gave me the lead. After that it was just a case of keeping it on the black stuff and driving to the line :)

Thanks Ryan & RD, also well done to those who finished, very tough track :D

First of all I would like to congratulate Thomas on his series victory. Very good effort through all of the races and scoring points in all of them. You deserve it.

As for me, well it wasn't to be. Started 5th due to the standings, and made a great start, jumping Daniel on the line. Followed the leader through the opening corners and I could see a big gap opening up behind. Valerio spun it which allowed me to get past both him and Magnus to take 2nd. A few corners later, I made a mistake and Magnus got back through. Followed Magnus for the rest of the lap, and the whole of the next but couldn't get close enough or when I did, I just couldn't find a way past. Tyres went off on lap 3 and with a 23 second gap back to Toni I thought I could pit and come out within 10 seconds of him with fresh tyres. However the stop was slower than I thought and I was nearly 25 seconds back. Chased him down hard taking 10 seconds out on the first lap and with one lap to go Magnus disappeared so I was back up to third. Toni had issues on the last lap and I caught him up and passed him to take second which is where I finished. Chris was far too quick for me today and fully deserved the win.

Looking back, even the 2 places I lost with a spin on the last lap at Spa would not of been enough to take the title but I'm very happy with my performance and looking forward to racing these cars again as they are so much fun.

Thanks Ryan for this series, thoroughly enjoyed it. Also thanks to RD, and all those I battled with.

Thanks Ryan for the series, and all who took part. Did 3 hours of practice and just about learnt the track. Had a clean 1st lap for once and then slid out on a cnr i had never had a problem in before and killed the engine. Good fun though and these cars rock.

Final Standings for the Road Racing Series:

Thomas Lee - 99
2. Adam Eggbeer - 92
3. Chris Butcher - 60**
4. Alessandro Gamberini - 53
5. Daniel Ouff - 49
6. Toby Davis - 38
6. Christian da Freitas - 38
8. Nicholas Cole - 30*
8. Julien Luca - 30*
8. Magnus Dahlgren - 30*
11. Gary Lennon - 26
11. Valerio Vinassa - 26
13. Dariusz Swiderski - 23
13. Lee Knight - 23
13. Toni Talvitie 23
16. Mattia Gottardi - 21
17. Robert Woodward - 17
18. Ondrej Kapal - 15

Big congrats to Thomas for his overall win - consistency and patience won the day. You deserve it :)

Edit - Lee just showed me this easter egg:

4941567903_1159271236.jpg

LOL
There is also a vertically challenged norse thunder god (a squashed Thor) somewhere
behind one of the log piles!
What was top lap time & race time?
Just wondering how many times I would've been lapped?:wink:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 187 87.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 30 14.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 59 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 34.3%