AMS2 Rookies | Formula Ford @ Cascavel - Friday 25 March 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
I would like to race please… being a rookie racer… please sign me up
That's fantastic, please if you can join us on discord that would be amazing. You can synchronize your discord with your forum account here https://www.racedepartment.com/account/connected-accounts/ This will give you special access to the voice channels we are using during the race.

Most importantly have fun and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask them here in the thread or during the event as that is what this event is all about: to help new drivers getting comfortable and improve their skills.

See you Friday!

I am all signed up to the Discord! Please sign me up for the race, real name Jake Porter. I took the Formula Ford out yesterday to get familiar with it, its a blast!

Here's a little pro-tip for all of you four-wheeled friends!

AMS2 has a lovely feature called "Time Trial". It allows you to select someone that has driven a fast(or fastest) lap per track, per car/class, and any tuned setups or not. Now there's something another cool feature where you can load those setups and save them for your own use! Here's how it all works:

First go to the Time Trial feature in the Main Menu:

R2Guhfr.jpg

In the Time Trial section fist select the Circuit "Cascavel" and then the Vehicle "Formula Advanced Trainer". Now you will be presented with the following screen

MsicIjT.jpg

In the bottom left you can add Ghosts, I've added the current fastest car and competitor for tonight, Tim Simons and the one and only Damian Reed of RaceDepartment fame ;)

Once you click on start everything will load and you can select a setup

FJ9fULy.jpg

5hYaUED.jpg

As you can see, Tim has a custom setup(click on the blue wrench to load it in the normal setup display and save it locally) and Damian has driven with the default setup.

2lTemDB.jpg

Once you start racing you can see all the important information on the left side of the screen, with the usual information plus both Tim and Damian's sector times and the World Record.

M0f1ujl.jpg

As a final tip, let me show you how you can change the timing info that is by default shown just below the virtual mirror. For me it always used to show Previous Lap delta times, but that's not always what you want. it took me a while to figure out but you can just press the D-pad Right button to change it between Fastest Lap, Previous Lap and Potential Lap, all very useful to figure out what sector can be improved the most or what corner exit you are loosing time on.

It can also be found in Controls - Edit Assignments - Game - SPLIT TIMES bind.

9z9gOyg.jpg

Tl0BemM.jpg

One more thing, you can also spectate fast lap times! Though you will get no sound, nor will you see pedal movement or engine RPM so it is limited in functionality.

V1SgcYU.jpg

@Casper de Wit thats a really great tip about time trial!

I have been just turning laps this morning in practice to try and learn the track a little… I was way off the pace… like 7+ seconds (off the world record time) however with time trial I have been able to follow the lines by Tim and Damian and have got much much closer to a proper lap time (hopefully)

My consistency now leaves a little to the imagination currently though unfortunately… most often finding a Grosjean moment, formula trainer buried deep into the Armco :(

Last edited:
@Casper de Wit thats a really great tip about time trial!

I have been just turning laps this morning in practice to try and learn the track a little… I was way off the pace… like 7+ seconds (off the world record time) however with time trial I have been able to follow the lines by Tim and Damian and have got much much closer to a proper lap time (hopefully)

My consistency now leaves a little to the imagination currently though unfortunately… most often finding a Grosjean moment, formula trainer buried deep into the Armco :(

Glad to hear you have found it useful! This car has a distinct throttle lift off oversteer that you can use to have a bit more bite in the fast corners! If you feel like it's going out of control you can always apply both the brakes and throttle a little bit to regain control.

I've found that the car is easy to control as long as all four wheels are on the asphalt, once you get one off at high speed it may just find the car around, or cost you a significant amount of time! It helps being smooth and easy in all your inputs to allow you to be on the grip limit as long as possible.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 29 31.5%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 1.1%