WIP Vitaphone Racing Saleen

__custom_showroom_1526143390.jpg

Last edited:
The switch to lod1 on the Lanzo and also the Shadow is quite noticeable from behind. When driving into direct sunlight the Lanzos rear mesh also looks odd on lod1. Probably been noticed already..
On the other hand that steering wheel and display combo in the Lanzo is a thing of pure beauty I love it!

The switch to lod1 on the Lanzo and also the Shadow is quite noticeable from behind. When driving into direct sunlight the Lanzos rear mesh also looks odd on lod1. Probably been noticed already..
On the other hand that steering wheel and display combo in the Lanzo is a thing of pure beauty I love it!
Maybe its a windscreen priority issue, I added it to the notes thanks :)

That was a quick fix :D, also fixed the rear lights on the Shadow which were causing the most noticeable issue when switching to LOD B.

Screenshot_rss_gt_lanzo_v12_sandev_f3ct_12-5-118-18-41-23.jpg

Screenshot_rss_gt_shadow_v8_sandev_f3ct_12-5-118-18-50-9.jpg

Btw, that's one weird PP filter you're using there, any of the stock ones?

Last edited:
Yeah my PP filter is a bit extra glare and colour looks better in the Rift than on screen, would not be to everyones tastes!
Nice to see the fixes were easy, your work is much appreciated..

Something to add to your "all cars final polishing":

Please give all cars more initial fuel load. While trying to do a short Nordschleife Endurance race last night I ran again into the issue that cars need to be able to do 3 full laps of a track for correct fuel usage calculation, an outlap, one flying lap and one inlap - but the Tornado, Vortex and Shadow run out of fuel into their second lap already, thus can't do a whole "algorithm loop". I don't think cars will pit for fuel in a race before the 3rd lap also, if its not tire related.

Starting with just 20 litres is a little on the low side imo, and people running hotlaps can just lower it to their liking.

I've always thought it was weird that anyone would put anything besides 30 liters in the fuel tank for a mod car's stock settings. If I'm not mistaken, all Kunos cars come with 30 liters default. Why not keep it uniform? And think about the poor sim racers with mild OCD. It probably blows their minds! ;) Personally, I've edited a few cars to make their tanks default to 30 liters. :whistling:

I've always thought it was weird that anyone would put anything besides 30 liters in the fuel tank for a mod car's stock settings. If I'm not mistaken, all Kunos cars come with 30 liters default. Why not keep it uniform? And think about the poor sim racers with mild OCD. It probably blows their minds! ;) Personally, I've edited a few cars to make their tanks default to 30 liters. :whistling:
Not all Kunos cars come with 30 litres, many do but not all. SF70 for example defaults to 55 litres, the F2004 comes with 80. Its a bit all over the place really - if it were me, I'd set it so every car starts with 50% capacity.

But yeah I agree, a higher starting default probably is no bad thing.

Last edited:
I generally go with 30 or higher, 30 if its normal or if its fuel usage is ridiculous then higher so the ai doesnt randomly run out in a common race(5-10 laps)

Not all Kunos cars come with 30 litres, many do but not all. SF70 for example defaults to 55 litres.

But yeah I agree, a higher starting default probably is no bad thing.
We can adjust the values its np, but all tracks are different its not an exact science, so in reality like I say makes no difference but to keep people happy we can look into it.

While it is true that not all KS cars start with 30L, it is also true that no car has less than that. It is the standard value, and just some cars with higher fuel consumption will have more

We all know fuel should be set up for any proper racing, it's just that sometimes you just fire up 5L in Spa or anything similar in a car you don't drive much without even looking at the setup, and then you're used to having 30L on GTs which is enough, but the current default isn't. Not a big deal (very far from that, actually), but it would be welcome if you look at that on the final release.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 30 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%