Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo

And how OFFICIAL RALLY games should differ from one to another ?
And, tbh, this game looks nowhere close to their latest WRC4. Don't trust me, YouTube it for Gods sake. :)
And if you want to bash the game, jump the 'vagon, and blame... stuttering and wheel support,...
But they can't really turn driving simulation into somthing different. They have to be "similar".
Then all (great) racing games have that problem... rFactor, GTR, F1 series, MotoGP series,...
At least we agree about MXGP. :)

As soon as I noticed that the mouse wasn't working and brake was also reverse I knew where it was heading.
After three minutes two of them spent trying to exit the game I'd had enough.

There's nothing here for a old racer like me.

Launched up the game, expecting something new with my G27 with some shiny graphics. Wheel not recognized. OK, BACK TO KEYBOARD!! <nostalgia mode on>
Couldn't play the game for more two minutes. MIlestone should seek some new milestones.

Back to Network Q RAC Rally for my off road needs <SUPER nostalgia mode activated>
The lightinings coming out of the 36 mile stage still give me creeps!

This game is a Milestone game through and through. No surprises. If you like their stuff, you'll enjoy this game. If, like most normal players, you just let their shovelware stuff slide into oblivion, you won't lose a thing in this game.

Physics is the usual run-of-the-mill Milestone stuff: not convincing, lazy interpretation borderline crappy mix of sim with arcade that yields their common poor driving model. Graphics aren't actually so bad, but they are geared clearly to 30fps 720p. Nothing will run this game hiccup free. Other than that, it's better than WRC series but a joke compared to Dirt Rally or Richard Burns Rally. Or even the old, nostalgic goodness of Mobil 1 Rally.

Kudos to Milestone for not scary me with something good and new. ;)

Just another big fail, and even more when Milestone is marketing SLRE as a "true Sim experience" (theirs words, not mine). Doesn't even comes close to Dirt Rally.

For the people that is saying that all the issues can be fixed with a patch, you are forgeting that it's Milestone, there's no support after game is released, just look to their's old games, still with bugs and some are game breaking.

I wanted SLRE to succeed, because there's not many (good) Rally games, on the market, but...but... game is a bad, bad attempt, if a " true Sim experience " was Milestone's goal.
Engine sounds are atrocius. My ZX Spectrum 48K, from 80's, could make better Engine sounds =D

Move along guys, nothing to see here...

Interestingly like some others on here I do actually rate some of their bike games.

The SBK games were pretty good and actually quite tricky or console games and after a few poor efforts the MXGP game of the last year or so was superb, far, far better than the MX ATV stuff that used to market lead then went downhill, but I gather there is another one of those out too.

Utter crap! No triple screen support :( First run it did not detect my controls, T300 RS, SST Lighting shifter, Logitech pedals and shifter console. After a restart it detected my wheel, pedals and console but not the SST. Then I got the turning issue, but right instead of left. Back to Dirt Rally!

It's funny how most of the people here praise DR while bashing the hell out of the SLRE demo.
Surprise! I found the asphalt physics and FFB of it being actually better than what DR has to offer.
Try Monte Carlo in DR with the Polo. Apart from the shiny graphics and nice sounds it's a pretty bland experience. Even the stage itself looks very generic... as if Codies made it out of Legos of some sort. It's also quite wide too. But what bothers me the most is the lacklustre force feedback and the fact that different surfaces don't necessarily amount to different vehicular behaviour.

Now do the same in the SLRE demo, force the proper wheel lock externally, tweak the controls and the difficulty options. The resulting experience is surprisingly not bad at all. Though I prefer the Peugeot.
Yes, it tends to stutter, yes, the sound is... there. Not much to add about it. But the stage itself looks alive. It has much more variety even though it looks dated, it also features a proper width too. And the difference between snow and tarmac is just huge compared to DR. The FFB while not being anywhere close to the rF2 level at least works. Maybe it's a borderline simcade, but it's still very nicely done (in terms of physics and FFB).

Please don't start the hate train just because it's Milestone and because you can't bother configuring your wheel properly.
Milestone needs to do a lot of work before they can release this thing. At the very least they need the field of view option included.
But if they do that, fix the stuttering and include a mode where one can sample all the cars on all the tracks, I think I might just prefer it to DR after all.
Well, if I wanted to get real serious, there's still RSRBR for me, of course :)

Seems like a lot of the hating for this game is just jumping on the bandwagon and most haven't even tried it. I found the handling really good and am pretty psyched for this game.

I think the asphalt physics are far better than in DR. This is going to be a perfect game for rainiy days and evening, when you are bored and cannot be asked to setup the steering wheel. The car selection is also so vast that CM is probably sheeding tears.

Hopefully the next Rally Championship 2000. :D (Although nothing can beat that...)

DiRT rally physic is better. It's like comparing Assetto Corsa to Project Cars.

SLR kind of lack of speed, dynamism & the scary part in the driving, not to mention that the road mostly feel flat. I see they did a good job with the oversteer physic, but most can't handle it, which is funny.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%