Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo

It's funny how most of the people here praise DR while bashing the hell out of the SLRE demo.
Surprise! I found the asphalt physics and FFB of it being actually better than what DR has to offer.
Try Monte Carlo in DR with the Polo. Apart from the shiny graphics and nice sounds it's a pretty bland experience. Even the stage itself looks very generic... as if Codies made it out of Legos of some sort. It's also quite wide too. But what bothers me the most is the lacklustre force feedback and the fact that different surfaces don't necessarily amount to different vehicular behaviour.

Now do the same in the SLRE demo, force the proper wheel lock externally, tweak the controls and the difficulty options. The resulting experience is surprisingly not bad at all. Though I prefer the Peugeot.
Yes, it tends to stutter, yes, the sound is... there. Not much to add about it. But the stage itself looks alive. It has much more variety even though it looks dated, it also features a proper width too. And the difference between snow and tarmac is just huge compared to DR. The FFB while not being anywhere close to the rF2 level at least works. Maybe it's a borderline simcade, but it's still very nicely done (in terms of physics and FFB).
There's quite a bit I still don't like about DR, Monte/tarmac being among those things. But, to call Monte in DR generic and too wide though is a bit of a stretch to say the least. If there's one location in DR that you could say is uninspired, I'd say it's Germany.

I mean, have you seen any of the videos of the different locations in SLRE? If generic isn't the first word that pops in your head when looking at the stages in SLRE, I don't know what is. Not to mention I have a hard time believing the stages in SLRE are really that flat in real life.

Please don't start the hate train just because it's Milestone and because you can't bother configuring your wheel properly.
Milestone needs to do a lot of work before they can release this thing. At the very least they need the field of view option included.
But if they do that, fix the stuttering and include a mode where one can sample all the cars on all the tracks, I think I might just prefer it to DR after all.
Well, if I wanted to get real serious, there's still RSRBR for me, of course :)
A lot of work? You know the release date for this is the 29th? And this is Milestone, you know the company that has a solid track record of not supporting/fixing bugs after release.

Seems like a lot of the hating for this game is just jumping on the bandwagon and most haven't even tried it. I found the handling really good and am pretty psyched for this game.
Or you know, maybe it's failed to do the very first thing a game should do, and that's appeal to [potential] buyers. What I've seen, heard, and read about this so far, it isn't worth my time to bother with the demo.

I've not really been much into rally games before, I think the last I tried was WRC3 or 4 so I just downloaded this out of curiosity (on Xbox One using the TX btw). Wasn't particularly impressed initially and felt the FFB was way too strong and limited in how you can adjust it (Just one option for FFB Intensity and one for FFB Vibration) and had to turn it down to around halfway to not have it feel too heavy and ready to throw my TV off the table whenever I picked up any suspension damage. It has grown on me though as i've given it a few more run outs and got used to it's handling. I like the 3d representation of the pace notes although once I got more used to the co-driver instructions I would do away with those. Only one stage available in day, dusk or night variations and one car too so a bit limited in what you get there but overall it's something that I can see would be an entertaining diversion. Whether I want to lay out 40 quid for a diversion though is another matter. You PC guys have it lucky being able to pick it up for less than 20 quid on release.

I have a TX leather ed. wheel wich is the same they are using is every promo video i saw. For me it worked with no problems, ffb is good, fps is good except shuttering wich seems everyone is having, all in all is better than wrc5.

DiRT rally physic is better. It's like comparing Assetto Corsa to Project Cars.
That's funny because to me AC and PC are about the same when it comes to physics. AC got the upper hand at some parts of it, whereas PC has at some others. All in all they are both not all that realistic as most people try to portray them.

SLR kind of lack of speed, dynamism & the scary part in the driving
Have you really tried the demo? Going 100 kph there feels more like 250...

I see they did a good job with the oversteer physic, but most can't handle it, which is funny.
And who might those most be? Lower the graphics settings, setup your car to your liking and there you go. Not to mention that Dirt Rally is infinitely worse when it comes to hairpins on tarmac.

But, to call Monte in DR generic and too wide though is a bit of a stretch to say the least.
Ok, not too wide, but just wide. If one corner being an almost exact copy of the other isn't the definition of generic, then I'm puzzled.
Seriously, I would think Codies bought that generator algorithm from Racecraft to make their stages.

If there's one location in DR that you could say is uninspired, I'd say it's Germany.
Uninspired? Yes, to the point I simply can't force myself to drive there.

I mean, have you seen any of the videos of the different locations in SLRE? If generic isn't the first word that pops in your head when looking at the stages in SLRE, I don't know what is.
I've been using the demo for quite a while already. The Monte Carlo doesn't look artificial too me at all.

A lot of work? You know the release date for this is the 29th? And this is Milestone, you know the company that has a solid track record of not supporting/fixing bugs after release.
That's one point I have to absolutely agree with you on.

Or you know, maybe it's failed to do the very first thing a game should do, and that's appeal to [potential] buyers. What I've seen, heard, and read about this so far, it isn't worth my time to bother with the demo.
You haven't even bothered to try the demo? Sorry, but that doesn't make a proper ground for a legit opinion in my book. Looks more like you are simply looking for a reason to hate this title prematurely.
As for me, even such a crude demo was enough to get me interested. It's not that we are spoiled for choice when it comes to good rally games anyway. And Dirt Rally was quite a letdown from my point of view. Also, the demo continues to grow on me more over time. To the point of considering buying the product when it's out. I just hope the build behind the demo is seriously outdated and the end product will turn out more polished.

all in all is better than wrc5
Tried the WRC 5 demo for a comparison. It can be safely assumed that everything is better than WRC 5 including a blown tyre on the outskirts in the middle of the night. The thing is simply undrivable.

That's funny because to me AC and PC are about the same when it comes to physics. AC got the upper hand at some parts of it, whereas PC has at some others. All in all they are both not all that realistic as most people try to portray them.
AC use accurate tracks & the input is very close to real life which I wouldn't put PCars in the same league.

Have you really tried the demo? Going 100 kph there feels more like 250...
Me playing the Demo(erased the demo, yes I can do a much better time):

And who might those most be? Lower the graphics settings, setup your car to your liking and there you go. Not to mention that Dirt Rally is infinitely worse when it comes to hairpins on tarmac.

I can pull drift no problem in hairpins in DiRT Rally. Demo video again....

okay I know I'm gonna get shot down for this.

Yes okay it clearly has some issues in the demo. But ive got it to work on my t300 and I think with some hard work this could be a dirt rally beater.

My reasons behind this=

-FFb is/can be better than dirt especially on tarmac not so flat and numb.
-More believable physics on tarmac sooo far (hasn't got DR ultra downforce grip on tarmac)
-Better stages small narrow and damn more fun and realistic.
-Visuals and replays look like the real thing.

Don't believe me try back to back the polo on a similar Monaco stage.. I think seb has a opportunity to be a better rally game/sim!

Thanks to sebastian Loeb hes actually got me back into rally sims! Not a lot has lately.

T300 GTE/TH38 SHIFTER
FFB 65 VIB 35

Last edited:
AC use accurate tracks
As does Project CARS when it comes to the British tracks. No matter how good the tracks are, it's the physics that really makes the difference. And in both cases the scanned tracks are wasted on them.

Me playing the Demo(erased the demo, yes I can do a much better time):
I can pull drift no problem in hairpins in DiRT Rally. Demo video again....
"Proper rally technique run"? Honestly, both runs fail to impress at all. And more importantly, you need to learn how to use handbrake for rallying at least.
When you said you can "pull drift" I thought you really mean that. But the videos disprove that right away.

SLRE is "too easy"? Then why are you about 20 seconds slower than a normal pace in the Polo? Why do you keep making so many mistakes while cornering? Even in Dirt Rally.
Oh, I know why SLRE is "ridiculously easy" and "stupidly unplayable" (quite a contradiction there, eh?). Because as opposed to DR, in SLRE the car actually does slide and understeer on the snow covered parts of the stage. And you expected to just shoot through the stage the DR's pedal to the metal style. SLRE didn't quite cooperate, it required a bit more skill than that, hence the hate. Though yes, a higher input lag is also an issue here. But at least in SLRE both the physics and the force feedback do make sense. Maybe not as much as in RSRBR, but at least close enough to be interesting, challenging and enjoyable. Can't agree on the challenging part? Well, take a look at your own run one more time.

I have that feeling you don't watch anything on YT but your own videos :)
Seriously, adding all the fancy stuff and editing to that kind of performance? Please look for other people's driving examples. Dirt Rally runs will do too. You are in for a surprise.

Anyway, I might buy SLRE even in the state that the demo shows. After its release, DR seriously disappointed me. Not to mention that it has even worse stuttering now than SLRE does (and in the pre-release build everything was just fine).
SLRE shows a lot of promise apart from being on the alpha-ish side and probably the tyres not being studded (which adds to the fun).
They need to also release it as an EA first :) That might actually help the company to finally give us a decent product after all. Were these 15 years for nothing, Milestone? I sure hope not.

I need a link up, because all I get are ~5min runs with crashes & bad rallying. I only did 2 runs, thus I was hoping to see something much faster. I've been looking for one for awhile actually.

In DR I'm basically using the wrong car with the default setup with 4 sec off the top time. You can write anything, but the data show otherwise.

I need a link up, because all I get are ~5min runs with crashes & bad rallying. I only did 2 runs, thus I was hoping to see something much faster. I've been looking for one for awhile actually.
Not sure where you managed to see anything like that, let alone why would anyone litter YouTube with such videos.
If you can't be bothered with looking for an example of a good run yourself, here you go:
I wasn't really impressed with his run initially either because of it being far from clean and the hairpins are messed, but at least the time looks ok.

In DR I'm basically using the wrong car with the default setup with 4 sec off the top time. You can write anything, but the data show otherwise.
4 sec off which top time? The bots'? And what kind of bots? You need to at least beat the master bots to consider the run being any good.
Why I mentioned bots is that your run didn't look like anywhere close to -4 sec from WR at all.

Learn to use handbrake turns, learn to use Scandinavian flicks and left foot braking. And do more practice instead of recording and editing each and every run. Once your skills get better, you'll notice that right away. And will probably thank me for the advice.

There was noone for me to point out my lack of skill back in the day, so I had to realise it myself. I wish there was a person though who could've gotten me to improve my skills earlier. But I lost enough time thinking my driving was ok when it was not. Don't repeat the same mistake.

Not sure where you managed to see anything like that, let alone why would anyone litter YouTube with such videos.
If you can't be bothered with looking for an example of a good run yourself, here you go:
I wasn't really impressed with his run initially either because of it being far from clean and the hairpins are messed, but at least the time looks ok.
The video was made before the release of the PC demo. I didn't catch this one because of it.
For 2 runs only without really knowing the track, my time seem fair to me.

4 sec off which top time? The bots'? And what kind of bots? You need to at least beat the master bots to consider the run being any good.
Why I mentioned bots is that your run didn't look like anywhere close to -4 sec from WR at all.
At the end of the video it show the leaderboard at 6:05(68th for that stage).

...And do more recording and editing each and every run. ...
Yes Sir!!

Learn to use handbrake turns, learn to use Scandinavian flicks and left foot braking. And do more practice instead of recording and editing each and every run. Once your skills get better, you'll notice that right away. And will probably thank me for the advice.

There was noone for me to point out my lack of skill back in the day, so I had to realise it myself. I wish there was a person though who could've gotten me to improve my skills earlier. But I lost enough time thinking my driving was ok when it was not. Don't repeat the same mistake.
I like how people begin to trash DR in the discussion for another game. If you dont like it dont play it.
And lets say that physics are good in slre and everithing is nice and dandy. It does not work for the majority of the playerbase. Only a few people got decent time with the demo cause they were lucky enough to have a right setup for it. If you had no problems go buy it on the release date. I see absolutely no reason for anyone who had issues in the demo to buy this and hope that everything is working properly. The most important part of the game is the ability to play it.

The video was made before the release of the PC demo. I didn't catch this one because of it.
For 2 runs only without really knowing the track, my time seem fair to me.
Well, fair enough. I just don't see why you had to record it though. So many moments that made me cringe while I was watching it (especially the hairpins).

At the end of the video it show the leaderboard at 6:05(68th for that stage).
That sounds decent enough, but let's be honest here. Don't you want your replays to look clean? To remind of the actual WRC runs?
If you haven't tried the RSRBR 2016 mod yet, you might want to do just that. The cars there behave much more natural. You can expect more progress while driving that.

Yes Sir!!
Maybe at some point you'll appreciate my words. At least I tried to help.

I like how people begin to trash DR in the discussion for another game. If you dont like it dont play it.
It came as one of the biggest surprises for me in the middle of its development. I wouldn't be this disappointed now if I didn't like it a lot at first. But Codies had to break it and abandon soon after the release. Talk about Milestone...

And lets say that physics are good in slre and everithing is nice and dandy. It does not work for the majority of the playerbase.
Because it's basically an alpha, not because it has horrendous physics. And that's a pity. But there's also a chance.

If you had no problems go buy it on the release date.
That's what I'm going to do, yes. And most likely I'll end up using it much more than I do with DR after its release.

The most important part of the game is the ability to play it.
I agree it is important. And as I mentioned before, DR stutters a lot now. More so than the SLRE demo. At least in my case. But stuttering is not the worst problem.

We have a nice saying that goes somewhat along the lines of: where two argue, third one gets the profit.

You all must absolutely love this game to give it so much attention and exposure. Keep on talking and Milestone devs will be laughing happily on the Bahamas.

DR VS SLRE tarmac physics at this point in time..

Seb wins.

DR on tarmac is probably the worst feeling ive had in a Rally game, their gravel feeling is okay. But I'm not so sure DR is as sim as people think it is.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%