S14 - General Discussion

What you can do is edit it locally. Go to %appdata%/.rfactor/ (copy and paste it into the address bar in a file explorer) and set your name in rFactor.name using notepad. Then once you've saved it set it to read only (rF2 will try to revert it to your account information). This is what mine looks like, for reference.

Code:
April
Dillon
lemming77

What you can do is edit it locally. Go to %appdata%/.rfactor/ (copy and paste it into the address bar in a file explorer) and set your name in rFactor.name using notepad. Then once you've saved it set it to read only (rF2 will try to revert it to your account information). This is what mine looks like, for reference.

Code:
April
Dillon
lemming77
Thank you very much April! I will try that.

So, I will need some tips from now !

The reason ? I've just bought a steering-wheel today ! :geek:

It's the Driving Force GT.First, the wheel worked directly after plugged it, and the driver has been automatically downloaded, like usual.But is there a better driver available ?
Then it wasn't correctly set, because I wasn't able to reach the maximum speed in the FR 3.5 in Barcelona, but after several setup in the Windows menu, it works correctly.

Other issue: I can't brake and accelerate in the same time.
Second issue: It seems like the shifter isn't detected.

And of course, I need some tips to correctly set together steering wheel range/steering sensitivity/steering lock and all those things to gain more consistency and trusting !

So far my better lap in Barcelona with FR 3.5 is about 2-3 seconds behind my PB.Negociate chicanes is difficult and correct the oversteer is a nightmare !

You should be able to configure whether you want "combined" or "separate" pedal axis in the wheel's control panel. You'll want separate, as that's what enables you to accelerate and brake at the same time. :)

If you don't have these settings, then it's worth searching the Logitech web site for drivers. They'll include the proper control panels where you can change these things, if you don't already have that.

rF2 should set the steering range automatically, and from there there's questions about how you want the FFB set up. The spring/damper settings are a bit confusing IMO, it's a bit unclear how exactly they work. But the only thing I'd adamantly suggest running without is the centering spring. Make sure that's set to 0%, that games can't override it, and ignore anyone who says otherwise. :p

After that, for rF2, just adjust the lock and FFB scalar in rF2's control settings. They're the only things you really need to worry about in rF2 now, and they're saved on a per-car basis. :)

So after have downloaded the profiler, all is better: shifter detected, real FFB feeling, virtual and real steering range matches very well !
Something very disturbing at first impression: the latency around the steering neutral...though there isn't deadzone...
Except that, the feeling is good but god damn...the mistakes I make are big...one is enough to burn tires up to 220°C :cry:

Guy's we have a big problem with our next track, Turn 3 around half way round, right in the middle of the track there's an invisible barrier/wall whatever you want to call it but when you hit it, its instant death for the car and anyone else around you at that point.

The only thing I can suggest is we choose a diffrent track as a replacement, I will have a look through available track's and see what we can do. In the meantime don't waste your time with Barcelona by RaceRfactor, it need's updated to be usable for us.

I will let you all know asap on what track will be used.

Good that you discovered that. I guess it was a spot which was rather unsusual to drive at. I did not encounter that when I tested the track for an hour or so.

Did you report it somewhere? Sometimes stuff like that only comes to light because you drive a car which is unusually close to the ground or stuff like that.

It was Sean that noticed it, I watched his replay and its very close to the ideal racing line, I hadn't managed to hit it but Sean went out and reproduced it the very next lap so it's a major problem, the car wasn't any lower than other tracks, same ride heights as all tracks this season so far.
Havn't reported it, where would I report it?

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%