rF2 S397 GT3 @ Bathurst - Friday 29 March 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That was tough, some questionable defence moves from some drivers such as sitting the middle of the track and making last minute moves under braking.

Spun a few times, hit some walls. You can tell that I have not run there before as I was 4 seconds off the fastest lap time, hopefully tomorrow in the BMW I will fare better.

Last edited:
Was an ok race for me. Got hit twice at different points of the circuit. One of them had someone take me out along the straight which wasn't too friendly. Somehow I ended up with an unsportsmanlike warning, when I received damage to the right rear, which maybe meant one of us had some lag or something, as not sure how I could get damage at the rear of my car and receive that warning...
I saw one car doing something very strange at the top of the mountain after spinning me out too. Like it was doing some weird dance flicking about up and down.
I'm wondering if maybe my ping is too great as also saw Craig hit the barrier at the Esses and catapult into the air, but then seconds later was back in front of me. Very odd...
But yeah, I need to work on consistency and somehow need to not be hit from behind next time...
Lots of people quit out too. Not sure why, people just don't want to finish something they start which is odd. There could always be issues for other drivers up the road where if you're still running you can capitalise on.

Thanks for organising Craig and the RD crew. Slick operation as always with some fun banter at the beginning too.

Looking forward to more of this action in the future.

Thanks organizing this event Craig, that was great! Thanks for the racing guys!

@Gasper Zupan The last 10/15 mn were really intense, thank you!! :thumbsup: My tyres were toasted...:laugh:

@Damien van de Velde Cheers for the start, I felt quite comfortable at that point… I started with 90L, maybe I was lighter than you? Just an accident I guess, don't worry! :D
Yeah, I went with 100L but killed my tyres and pitted early. He streamed me standing still for a minute and missed some epic overtakes!! Great race!

I wouldn't expect anyone to watch 90 minutes of my driving, but still, for posterity...(it's not publicly available on the channel):

The mountain gods were not exactly benevolent initially, with multiple incidents and also, more importantly, a pretty bad stutter (probably due to me running out of VRAM with all the fancy textures, I really need to upgrade), so apologies if I was even more of a nuisance than usually. But eventually it all settled and it turned into a fun enough race, even if fairly lonely in the second half or so.

Thanks for the race!

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the race and to the organizers for hosting!
Just one little gripe I had was with the backmarkers.
Don't get me wrong I want drivers of every skill to be able to have fun.
But I had two instances when the exact same driver either didn't see faster guys behind him or didn't know they were lapping him, which caused a bit of a kerfuffle, both time in the cutting.
Other than that, an excellent race!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea