rF2 S397 GTE @ Portimao - Sat 16 Mar 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Qualified 3rd! Can't believe that, a faster lap was possible but I couldn't quite put it together.

Awesome start off the line, 3rd to 1st. Decided not too push too hard like I always do, but still lost it. Fell down to 3rd and was going ok until I lost it again.

Lost it a few more times.

Definitely had some pace in the car, was catching those ahead and again would spin. Frustrating, but managed to finish 6th.

Last edited:
Great combo! Thanks for organizing guys, really enjoyed ;)
Good close racing w/ @Paulo Ribeiro firstly and w/ @avenger82 (K. Maj) after. Great defending guys, great fun (and good practicing patiente and auto-control for the three of us:cool:). Nice!
Not funny were the freezing moments nicely delivered by rF2 everytime someone left the server :mad:. Not nice.
Thanks @Craig Dunkley for sorting it out :thumbsup: oh and Thanks @Paul Glover for the awsome setup and tips. Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Had a good race tonight, 4th place i think best result I've had so far in GTEs. Just driving consistently avoiding mistakes really. BMW is less fun but damn less stressful to drive than the Chevy. I could not work out how to drive full gas over the crest of turn 3 though.

Don't seem to be able to get a good setup or pace to qualify well it seems but good at starting laps and then staying consistent at least. Hovered between Sergio (@praxtonio) and @Steve Le Gallez for best part of 30 mins and although matching Sergio's pace on average just couldn't touch him, moments when i was gaining on slower corners but then was slower on the last corner and then repeat over and over till the end mopping up anyone who made a mistake. Almost wished there was more battling but actually glad I didn't have to.

Pretty good day all around as I came 3rd at a tough 1hr bike race 5hrs earlier at Stratford Velopark in 40 mph gusts, lapped the field as well. Happy days.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 45 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 39 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 45 12.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 43 11.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 128 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 218 58.8%