Season 10 - Fun races before season start

Question: How do i become a licenced driver on RD???

You need to get (ask for) a free license in this thread. Please read the "READ THIS FIRST!" thread and then post your application as others do there. Once you're a licensed member, you can get the RD password from a thread there. The confirmation by RD might take one or two days I guess.

Should we use special password which is posted before the event here, so Stevee gets no problem to join?

Marko, maybe we'll skip the warmup if that means that Peter just have enough time to join both races? And if everybody happens to be online 20:55 then we might move ahead for the same reason?

I'll use the password that you decide.

PS: I will be slightly more skilled than I was last night, these baybies are not that easy to control after several years with F1. I agree with Marko that the f3000 feels like a more realistic drive. Especially braking I find more challenging, as the car easily can lock the wheels and spin. However, being this challenging makes it enjoyable to practice f3000, even if I am alone on the track :thumbsup:

Hi Everyone.
it took ages to my new internet provider to get a broadband connected to my new house , it feels great to have it done late today :) , this is my first visit to the forum , i did not know where to start but i beleive i found the right thread to start with.:)

i might show up tomorrow but I have not done any practice in any type of cars since our last race , is it ok if i join u for the race ?
cheers .

Marko, maybe we'll skip the warmup if that means that Peter just have enough time to join both races? And if everybody happens to be online 20:55 then we might move ahead for the same reason?

I'll use the password that you decide.

I support flexibility what it comes to schedule, if it means more participants.

Let's use password: welcome
I will post this password again in this thread later today so that it's easy to find from the end of this thread before the race.

Anthony, surely you are welcome. Just adjust your driving style accordingly. And of course, there are plenty of time to practice in the free practice session before qualifying and races :thumbsup:

What do you think about weather that Daniel asked about? I would like some surprise showers in some sessions, but I understand if not everybody want it now that we race a bit unfamiliar car.

Personally I would like some weather, too, but it could cause more trouble instead of fun, because some uf us jumped into that car very late.

So from my view it would be nice (or enough) to have one or two surprises in one or both races but not in the sessions before (to get warmed up in the dry).

But objectively I asume it would be better to keep it dry tonight and have weather in later events.

Just my opinion...

I think I represent the less skilled once atm as I've just done a handful laps (last night) and currently my pb is 1:45,000. I can handle rain if we include it, no problem, but I agree with Reik's argumentation (rain in practice session and dry race would not be the best idea).

Welcome back again Anthony btw, I hope you had a great time for Christmas and New Years Eve and your batteries are charged for a new season :)

Ok, so here's the overview of this event once again:

Password: welcome

Test race 1 - 9th of January - Istanbul

Schedule is here (All times are British Time). These times are approximates. We will be flexible today, so be sure to enter early:

20:00 Free Practise
21:00 3 Practise Starts + Pit Stop Test
21:10 Qualifying (5 minutes)
21:15 Warmup
21:21 Race (Duration: 2 x 22 minutes, reversed grid for Race 2)

Once again, password: welcome

Thank you for organizing the race Marko. Apologies for missing Race 2. I felt it best to get ready [shower, eat, breakfast, attire, etc] before my morning appointments.

I had a lot fun in the first race, maybe with the exception of being blinded by David's engine smoke approaching....erm somewhere ; I sounded my Fog Horn.....:giggle:

I will say that I felt the car [F3000] was good to drive; very responsive and reactive.:thumbsup:

Grats all. Thank you all.:)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 120 87.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 49 35.8%