Season 11 - General Discussion

Hm I just loaded the Lobby and BAM - CTD... Feels this can be due to the same thing again with corrupt server(-names?). Anyone else experiencing this?

A work-around I before for some ppl was to edit the lobby filter settings before entering the game somehow, right? Anyone knows how? I guess it should be in a config file or something.

It's the same for all, the faulty server has appeared once again. Just in time for our race, co-incidence? Most likely, really bad luck thou.

Workaround: Unplug your internet cable when the game has started. Go to server lobby, click filter and type "rest". Plug cable back on. When you return to the front of your computer, you'll be back in the main menu (as you didn't have connection, you get time out but filter is now activated.). Go back to server lobby and choose one of the prestogp server, they are the only ones to have letters "rest" in that order.

I really hope it'll be fixed by tomorrow. If it's not.. I don't want to think about that option.

this is bloody annoying, i'll probably give it one more time and then i'll start really thinking this is deliberate,so much for simbin fixing the exploit, if its not fixed by tomorrow night then the only option is to use kennetts workaround and try our best to carry on the season opener, hopefully everyone sees this in time and can use the workaround, if no then like kennett i dont want to think of the other options.

i'll probably give it one more time and then i'll start really thinking this is deliberate
The thought struck me after the first time it happened, being perfectly timed to ruin our season opener. But obviously I understood it was a bit paranoid and not very likely.

Seeing this happen a second time, again 1 day before our season start... I still don't believe it, but at the same time I cannot rule it out.

It's the same for all, the faulty server has appeared once again. Just in time for our race, co-incidence? Most likely, really bad luck thou.

Workaround: Unplug your internet cable when the game has started. Go to server lobby, click filter and type "rest". Plug cable back on. When you return to the front of your computer, you'll be back in the main menu (as you didn't have connection, you get time out but filter is now activated.). Go back to server lobby and choose one of the prestogp server, they are the only ones to have letters "rest" in that order.

I really hope it'll be fixed by tomorrow. If it's not.. I don't want to think about that option.

Ok, thanks for the response that I'm not the only one affected.

I found however a slightly faster (but trickier) work-around. You dont have to pull the internet cable but instead only be quick enough when entering the lobby - just go into lobby and click - as fast as possible - on filter in bottom center of screen. Type "presto" or similar and go back to the server list. VOILA!

I'm not so sure it's a better work-around than Kennett's, but more of a challenger perhaps :geek::thumbsup:;)

Hope the force will be with us in time for the race tomorrow :unsure:

Hi all. I've got two questions :cool:

1. How do you guys see percentage of rain during the race? I've read in few race-reports about that. Any add-on program or something?

2. I start Singapore practice offline. But all is black around. I see only cars and guys standing at the pitlane :laugh: Any tips?

1. real time telemetry i use on my 4th monitor, tells you everything you need to know about weather percentages.
Is it possible to use it without "4th monitor"? I use the only one, so there's no option for that...

2. singapore is a night race........... :roflmao:
So someone has broken all the lights there. Now it's totally black offline.
And I am kicked off from Presto Singapore servers...
I simply unpack Singapore 08 track to "locations" folder. Right? Or there are any actions to make this track work fine?

1. real time telemetry i use on my 4th monitor, tells you everything you need to know about weather percentages.

Wow, you run 1 center screen and on both sides you have left/right angle view?!

Of course one should have 4 screens, silly me.

Talking about telemetry - I use XD in-game and "Real Time Telemetry" on 2nd screen. But are there any others? I miss the time when VeloceProd MotecAdd ingame-XD was working. The DELTA-time-display... mmm... everything was better in the earlier days, eh? =)

not got a clue about that problem alex sorry.

peter i use eyefinity 3 screens, above the middle one i have a small one for telemetry only, to answer your question alex no there no other way to use rtt unless you alt+tab, i still use xd mod too like peter, it shows delta time and tyre wear and temps, but not much info about weather, i think its as simple as a white w if its wet no info on percentages.

Wow, you run 1 center screen and on both sides you have left/right angle view?!

Of course one should have 4 screens, silly me.

Talking about telemetry - I use XD in-game and "Real Time Telemetry" on 2nd screen. But are there any others? I miss the time when VeloceProd MotecAdd ingame-XD was working. The DELTA-time-display... mmm... everything was better in the earlier days, eh? =)

Download &install the latest xd, start the game once then close it. Edit xd.ini in the game folder. Activate delta times and enjoy. I couldn't drive without delta..

Is it possible to use it without "4th monitor"? I use the only one, so there's no option for that...

So someone has broken all the lights there. Now it's totally black offline.
And I am kicked off from Presto Singapore servers...
I simply unpack Singapore 08 track to "locations" folder. Right? Or there are any actions to make this track work fine?

First of all, do you have the good version of the track? Did you get it from here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/season-11-calendar-and-other-details.70953/

"2nd, did you copy your Singapore folder in gamedata/locations or you "unzip" the Singapore zile file in gamedata/loccations?

If you extracrt directly in Locations, then it creates a new gamedata/location/singapore08 folder in Location, this might be the problem. I always unzip the files in a temporary folder, then i just slide the "Singapore08" folder in "location".

I hope this helps.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%