14. Guus Verver - I can attend all or most races in season 12
15. Bob Laube - I can attend all or most races in season 12
16. Nelson Ullinskey - I can attend all or most races in season 12
17. Valter Ostman - I can attend all or most races in season 12
18. Kurt Kjellin - I can attend all or most races in season 12
19. Anthony Ishak - I can attend all or most races in season 12
20. Nicolas Rouge - I can attend all or most races in season 12
21. Tim McIver - I can attend all or most races in season 12

I hope a few more will sign up as well. The fewer we are, the more dedicated and motivated everyone needs to be to create a league worth running. The way it is now I think we are far away from having a solid enough fundament to launch a 12th season, at least not the way it is planned.

Ok, any ideas how we can grab some new people? Do we have any marketing skills around? :)

new people is part of the problem peter, it would help immensly to get some new faces who lasted the course with us.

what we need though is everyone who is able, to show some motivation to carry on, we are less than 2 weeks from season start and tbh theres not a whole lot happening from a practise point of view or activity on the forum, we need to get back to how presto has been in the past, if the motivation and excitement is lost it will be ever harder to find it again, come on guys lets get this place back to how it was, pure fun friendly racing where we enjoyed even practising together, we can do it, for prestos sake :thumbsup:

p.s i could arrange practise races in between each race if it helps get us together more, we always used to have good turn outs for them and it was always a good way to do most of your practise in one night.

Ok, any ideas how we can grab some new people? Do we have any marketing skills around? :)
I think it is hard to find new faces this late, I think we need to focus on getting the best (high attendance, well prepared) out of those who have already signed up and hope that those who haven't signed up will do so and also be motivated.

The new name on the list, Mert Kayar, have not signed up at www.PrestoGP.com and thus leads me to think that he haven't read the forum posts explaining how things work here. I hope he will do so :thumbsup:

Guus, have you solved your hardware problem?

Bob Miley and Richard, are you likely to make most of the races? And Kennett (I know you can be busy), how does things look for you?

Please don't take any of my questions as an insult, just trying to get a realistic picture of Season 12 and am ofcourse hoping I will see all of you in most or all of the races :thumbsup:

I think the biggest lift the league could get is a higher attendance and finishing rate from the second half of the grid. The front to midfield runners have a very high attendance rate and make few mistakes and almost always have exciting battles, but further back the grid is more voulnerable to not high enough finishing rates. Looking at the league table from season 11 illustrates my point.

Last edited:
AFAIK, my calendar is free, all the way to midsummer. Looking for a full season, at last.

Race07 default max limit is 25 players (ingame content) I don't know what is the actual max. most likely it's the same as in rfactor. Most i ever tried is 48. Almost all addon tracks have more than 25 but in GDB file it's set at that. All converted tracks have 30-50 car grids defined in AIW file and that's the only thing that matters. Pitgarages cycle, 3 is the minimum. So you can theoretically have +60 cars using 3 pitboxes, that would be fun :)

Offline, CPU power limits grid. Online.. well, everyone can figure that out, increasing players certainly wont help with sync issues.. 25 is good enough..

BTW, if we really want, we can have +30 grids on default tracks too.. But it's the whole "GDB mismatch, player booted" that comes with it and we've already decided long time ago to keep those to minimum. I think Hungaroring11 is the only track that has 20 max vehicles..

If you got question, you can ask me anything about Race07 and gMotor2 tracks in general. Since we have new members last season and couple of more this season, i should do those track data posts. What that means i open up the track in 3DSimed, look thru the text files.. So everyone knows the grip values and if there is anything peculiar or interesting, strange bumbs (see, i finally learned to write bumb) and possibly identifying bugs or notable places like Interlagos Finishline, don't go hugging the right side wall, you're dead if you do so..

If you want to check what's inside track folders, here's a quick recap:
GDB: lighting, grip values, offline session time-of-day/date, latitude, time of year/date
AIW: grid, pits. Drivingline, wetline, pitline, Corridors (this is used to define legal track and to issue warnings/penalties from cutting)
TRK: Main track file, has file paths, the actual track geometry, all the meshes and objects. Everything here is either visual or collideable. You can't drive on these..
HAT: Height Above Terrain. This is what you drive on and it's calculated from the actual track geometry. It's not visual but is aligned with the visual world. Misaligment is not an issue, Race07 has disabled "rebuild HAT file" option so corrupted TRK wont cause issues.
CAM: cameras.

I will be able to attend atleast most of the races. Last season I just had a lot of things got on top of me and I have been trying to focus on longer runs as I do make a lot of mistakes so don't finish a lot of races. But to be honest if I have a season of dnfs by half way I think I will step away as I will realise that I am really that crap that I can't do a 60+ min race lol

good stuff richard :thumbsup: (not about the walking away lol)

pace yourself in races, dont take any extra risk, its a long race and it always rewards consistancy, this season will be more varied with strategy but the most likely scenario is 2 stopper will be the quickest in all situations, stick to something and carry it on, last season i made myself a promise id 1 stop all season (until a1 ring where i shat my pants and went against myself), it made all my practise sessions have the same fuel and same feel so by the time races came i knew how to drive the car with fuel just like i would with qualifying setup.

i dunno if it comes down to learning faster, im not a naturally fast driver in any car, its only the time i put in has got me to the level i can challenge, afterall its taken me 10 seasons to get to a stage my consistancy is good enough for championships, and believe me in races us guys aint doing qualifying laps, far from it actually, we still need to take it easy, one mistake and race over from a winning perspective, the key is always consistancy and comes back the old story about the tortouise and the hare, slow and steady.

i unfortunatly wont be able to attend most if any races for season 12. This is only due to time zone i'm in. I recently moced about 30 minutes from work, so that makes me 30 minutes later than last 2 seasons :( I'm sad about it, i'd really like to be able to join this superb league for official races. But i will keep on practicing on severs as often as i can!

1. David Turnbull - I can attend all or most races in season 12
2. Bob Miley - I can attend all or most races in season 12
3. Sean Greenlaw - I can attend all or most races in season 12
4. Nicolai Nicholson - I can attend all or most races in season 12
5. Kennett Ylitalo - I can attend all or most races in season 12
6. April Dillon - I can attend all or most races in Season 12
7. Alberto Casado - I can attend all or most races in Season 12
8. Richard Hill - I can attend all or most races in Season 12
9. Valerio Vinassa - I can attend all or most races in Season 12
10. Peter Decker - I can attend all or most races in season 12
11. Vincenzo Cavaliere - My intention is attend all races in season 12
12. Reik Major - I can attend all or most races in season 12
13. Mert Kayar - I can attend all or most races in season 12
14. Guus Verver - I can attend all or most races in season 12
15. Bob Laube - I can attend all or most races in season 12
16. Nelson Ullinskey - I can attend all or most races in season 12
17. Valter Ostman - I can attend all or most races in season 12
18. Kurt Kjellin - I can attend all or most races in season 12
19. Anthony Ishak - I can attend all or most races in season 12
20. Nicolas Rouge - I can attend all or most races in season 12
21. Tim McIver - I can attend all or most races in season 12
22. Julius Fahlbusch - I can attend all or most races in season 12

count me in guys. :)

i am very keen to improve this season.
i ordered my new pedal set yesterday (fanatec csr elite) and hope that the load cell brake helps my consistency.

really looking forward to the whole season and i am happy it starts in a few days :)

i hope i am able to adjust to my new pedals in that short amount of time, but i have a week and will use it as much as i can (i think they ship this wednesday)

looking forward to see you all on the server

greetings
julius

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 124 85.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 50 34.5%