Senna Mercedes 190E - Race of Champions 1984

Cars Senna Mercedes 190E - Race of Champions 1984 0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
sguerre submitted a new resource:

Senna Mercedes 190E - Race of Champions 1984 - Mercedes 190E used in the 1984 Race Of Champions, won by Ayrton Senna

The 1984 Nürburgring Race of Champions, also known as the 1984 Nürburgring Eröffnungsrennen (Opening Race), was an exhibition race organised by Mercedes-Benz and held at the Nürburgring GP-Strecke on 12 May 1984 to celebrate the opening of the circuit. It featured 20 of the world's top drivers including nine of the fourteen Formula One world champions still alive at the time (and two future champions Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna), the most F1 world champions of any major motor race in...

Read more about this resource...

First I am thrilled by this stock spec 190E mod in the AC world. I actually think a stock spec 190E 2.3 - 16 is very much needed in AC to be a match up with BMW E30 M3. Aesthetically I prefer the original body work over on the street over the big spliter and wing on the DTM cars. And this appears to be the very first 2.3-16 model out there. So thank you.

My first impression is that, the suspension appear to be like the Kuno's 190E Evo II, with front and rear DWB. I believe, and please correct me if I am wrong, that the 190E has front struts. And with only a few laps on the Nurburing, on ST/SV tires. The car appears a bit low to the ground and a bit on edge. The rear seems to come out a bit quick when exceeding the limit. Damping on both direction are quite high. The spring rate and ARB numbers seems reasonable and I wonder about the alignment setting. For a road car I expect the car to be forgiving in general and has a progressive break away. I feel that when E30's trailing arm was thought to be a big edgy at the limit, the multi-link/DWB on the 190E should be less edgy.

Small things: In 84, the car is 2.3 - 16 not 2.5-16 as shown on the rear badge. I think 2.5-16 was introduced in late 80's. Suggestion: name the car 1984 Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.3 -16

In summary, I hope this model gets further developed, with more skins and improved drivability.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 413 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 260 43.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 281 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 164 27.5%
Back