Show us your Rig / Cockpit

This is mine. Been serving me well for a couple of years:
DSC_1308-1.jpg

DSC_1309-1.jpg

DSC_1310-1.jpg

dscn4607.jpg

My knobs finally came today so I can show you my new wheel. It's been a WIP for a few months now but finally got the time and $$ to get it finished. Button panel was designed on Solidworks and 3D printed through Shapeways but I made it too thin and it has some flex to it. The top LED's were supposed to be buttons but that's where the flex was too much, everywhere else is not noticable. The stand-alone paddle shifters are still a WIP but I' sure one day they'll make there way onto this wheel (or another new one). It has a cheap locking quick release on the back, I wish I could afford a Lifeline but it's not in the budget right now.
My old wheel is a NRG 320mm Suede with red stitching with 2 buttons on another panel that was made by me out of plexi but you can find my cockpit back 20+ pages.
The new laydown cockpit may be made soon ( in development on solidworks, but I have alot of other things on the go too). I'm pretty busy lately and got a little guy on the way in a few months. Times running out! =)

Thought I'd show a quick vid of a mod I did tonight. I wasn't happy with how my Formula rim sits on the CSW base. The GT rim sits slanting up, like a standard saloon type car but when using the Formula rim it felt odd slanting upwards..so tonight I took apart an old electric adjustable bed frame, stripped out the motor and electrics and built a base for it..and rigged it up with a hinged base so I adjust the angle of the CSW base at the press of a button ;)

Here is my cockpit. I must admit, other cockpits posted here are more advanced than mine but it is something that I am comfortable though.
Logitech G27 (modified wheel rim for easy visual access to sli pro display), reversed mounted pedals, wheel stand pro, sli pro wheel plate, blue chromed momo shifter knob, sequential shifter mod, black office chair, Acer Aspire i5 windows 7.

Here is my cockpit. I must admit, other cockpits posted here are more advanced than mine but it is something that I is comfortable for me though.
Logitech G27 (modified wheel rim for easy visual access to sli pro display), reversed mounted pedals, wheel stand pro, sli pro wheel plate, blue chromed momo shifter knob, sequential shifter mod, black office chair, Acer Aspire i5 windows 7. Many may question my g27 wheel rim modification. I simply wanted easy clear vision to my sli pro display. An open top wheel would be the perfect solution, but I have already invested in the g27 and at the moment, an upgrade is out of the question for me. So I did what many others who have been in a sim rig modification situation like myself, which is doing what you have to do to accommodate your needs and whatever you personally think is necessary. The addition of my sli pro (and where it is placed in my setup) completes my sim racing experience. If that wasn't enough, I wrote a song about it and sim racing in general!:laugh:
I hope you enjoy the video which includes screenshots and video clips of my RD RACE 07 online club events from which I've began in mid summer (ya I'm a sim racing rookie:cool:), pics of my cockpit, vidoes of me racing (solo), and featuring ME! VSR FANATIC (Virtual Simulation Racing) - my other talent

Work has been keeping me away fro sim racing, but I will be back soon to pick up from where I left off from beginning my sim racing career. For now, I'll keep practicing whenever I can...

Thank you[/quote

Awesome sound track:thumbsup:, but is your office chair bolted to a CXC simulation unit:unsure: but nether the less I like:)

Thank you for your positive feedback. About my office chair... Well... I wish I had a cxc simulator or something else like it.:roflmao: Now the deal with my office chair is that it's simply a bit "wobbly." The ffb from the g27 combined with the the ffb "in game" (race 07 with most expansions) settings that I downloaded from nogripracing.com and then tweaked it, gives a strong ffb feeling. So the office chair may wobble and shake a bit because I'm fighting against the strong force feedback. Its not as accurate as a motion simulator but it doesn't shake erratically or neither. IMO with the way that the chair is, it improves my racing experience a bit;)

I have a GTOmega Pro rig at the moment but I'm going to build a Racebase Mk2 rig after Xmas. I also have a different screen setup, I use a projector and have the screen just behind the steering wheel, it really adds to the immersion as the screen fills your view being so close. Here is a vid of me playing Race 07 so you get the idea

Impressive ! i am curious to know , what king and how many projectors ? and how did you installed ( or where) the projector(s)

is it a flat or curved screen ?

good job !

Impressive ! i am curious to know , what king and how many projectors ? and how did you installed ( or where) the projector(s)

is it a flat or curved screen ?

good job !
Hi and thanks :D I use a single projector 720p, the screen is flat and is just behind the steering wheel so about 60cm from my face when seated. The projector is ceiling mounted behind my seat about 1.5m away from the screen which gives an image big enough to almost fill my peripheral vision.
In a couple of weeks I'm going to start on my new rig which will be a cockpit with the screen at the end of the nose because I usually only play open wheeled cars but hopefully I'll be able to bring the screen towards me for touring cars etc

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.3%