Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Whats that, the ultimate robotron cockpit? :)

Tell me about your use of the rudder pedals though... Are they on the floor or are they on a lower layer attached to the rig and you use them for motion as well? Do you move the pedal tray back to use them? I guess I am wondering how much fiddling you have to do to get each in their proper position. At the moment I am using my racing pedals for rudders but was thinking of a quick release system for mounting and removing my pedals and rudders. also with p1 and sfx.

The rudder pedals move with the rig as they are bolted to the bottom of the p1x rig. They are not quite in the perfect position but they are comfortable for me to use with the seat scooted back a little bit.

There is also room for my feet on the ground when I’m sitting in the rig with the way everything is positioned.

I don’t move the car pedals at all and I can swing the joystick out of the way to get in the rig then lock it down tight with a thumbscrew.

I am about 6 feet tall.

84088810-A16B-4B66-8D79-6D7ADBC94B16.jpeg
153F8ACF-6963-4BAD-BFE0-0746D05A1AA8.jpeg

Thanks @chillil123, much appreciated. I see how it works now. Our rigs are different enough (my seat is very low meaning my pedal platform is also low) that I cant get my rudder pedals quite the same as you have them. Worth exploring others ideas though :)

Built this with my 12 year old son when we first got trapped by the lock down. Had a professional built one on order but once I attached a seat, the speakers and the keyboard tray I decided this does everything I need it to, and it cost about $150 with most of that being for the seat.

cockpit.jpg

Sim Rig MkI - Wooden structure made with my old man in about 2007/08.

Sim Rig MkII - Aluminium Box structure, tweaked and added too over the past 6 or 7 years.

Sim Rig MkIII - The New Project I'm currently in the process of designing.

Made from Aluminium Profile, will incorporate as well as Racing Sim features two Side Struts for HOTAS (Throttle & Joystick).
Base extended from current 1400mm to 1600mm length to house PC at far end behind the Racing Pedals, this should mainly help with Cable management as currently the PC is behind my Seat and some wires are stretched (plus it's a mess!)

Still to find space for a Keyboard Arm/Base and Mouse Arm/Base, these could end up on those side struts perhaps so more tinkering to be done.

At current KJN (website for Alu Profile) Prices it's very roughly £375, I may have to Buy & Build in stages over a few months. But with more aforementioned tinkering of the design I could chop off a few quid here & there, pic below.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome :)

Designed in the excellent free program from MayTec:

Sim Rig MkIII - Concept.png

Last edited:
Great choice with the Momo Prototipo!

Have you shared any details about your shifter?

Godspeed!

You see it's old at its core. I changed it to running of a Bodenar controller earlier this year. All three pedals (G25 based with loadcell brakeusing a sensor from a Wii Fit Balance Board) do run of it too now.

Last edited:

You see it's old at its core. I changed it to running of a Bodenar controller earlier this year. All three pedals (G25 based with loadcell brake based on sensors from a Wii Fit Balance Board) do run of it too now.
Awesome skills! Thank you for sharing.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%