Show us your Rig / Cockpit

b98V4yo.jpg

cMLaEWz.jpg

getting there. Swivel monitor needs work, resting it on the SC is not ideal :whistling: Also going to make a rack for the two power supplies
button plate still WIP
Yes very impressive how you built those pedals and specially the shifter like a decade ago German engineering at its best great stuff AccAkut!

Yes very impressive how you built those pedals and specially the shifter like a decade ago German engineering at its best great stuff AccAkut!
I would have never guessed they'd last me as long as they do :roflmao: I plan on upgrading the shifter to use proper bearings tho. And got the thing in CAD too if I want to remake it from all metal. The actuation method I use is very simple but trouble free.

Reactions: CC
I would have never guessed they'd last me as long as they do :roflmao: I plan on upgrading the shifter to use proper bearings tho. And got the thing in CAD too if I want to remake it from all metal. The actuation method I use is very simple but trouble free.
I saw one on OLX last night in Ukraine like 30$ lol looks very rough and old maybe even older than yours
Was thinking maybe buy it and design a frame in CAD you know like similar to the HE ones how the plates interconnect I’ll try and find it again

Sim Rig MkI - Wooden structure made with my old man in about 2007/08.

Sim Rig MkII - Aluminium Box structure, tweaked and added too over the past 6 or 7 years.

Sim Rig MkIII - The New Project I'm currently in the process of designing.

Made from Aluminium Profile, will incorporate as well as Racing Sim features two Side Struts for HOTAS (Throttle & Joystick).
Base extended from current 1400mm to 1600mm length to house PC at far end behind the Racing Pedals, this should mainly help with Cable management as currently the PC is behind my Seat and some wires are stretched (plus it's a mess!)

Still to find space for a Keyboard Arm/Base and Mouse Arm/Base, these could end up on those side struts perhaps so more tinkering to be done.

At current KJN (website for Alu Profile) Prices it's very roughly £375, I may have to Buy & Build in stages over a few months. But with more aforementioned tinkering of the design I could chop off a few quid here & there, pic below.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome :)

Designed in the excellent free program from MayTec:

View attachment 398538

£197 pounds worth of Aluminium Profile ordered from KJN, angle brackets already received from Amazon (cheaper), Alu should arrive this week so hopefully get some time at the weekend to get cracking on it.

Didn't get the feet just yet (might not need them) and made some other minor adjustments to the design above, will need to gradually tweak and improve it over the coming weeks as still need to add Keyboard & Mouse trays on retractable or angle arms.

I was lucky enough to find an F1 tub locally recently so, having an awesome wife, I moved my racing stuff into our front room as there wasn;t room for 2 rigs in my old room.
I've just about finished the room now and very pleased. I am looking at d-box for the F1 rig but not in a rush.
I've conceded that I need to rebuy most of the sims if I want to use them on both rigs but for now I only use rF2 on the F1 rig due to it's awesome partial cockpit view. I don't know any other sims that have the same view,so happy to hear about any mods for others than could give the same view (just wheels and suspension on screen)
20200823_172148_resized.jpg
20200823_172150_001_resized.jpg
20200823_172205_resized.jpg
20200823_172216_resized.jpg
20200823_172232_resized.jpg
20200823_172426_resized.jpg
20200823_173124_resized.jpg
20200823_173147_resized.jpg

View attachment 356557

Nothing to brag with, but I am proud nevertheless. My plans for the future are switching the table for a more solid one, changing the PC to something more potent than the one they used to perform the moon landing with and going for an ultra-wide display.
So the changes I made were clamping the desk to the bedframe which did wonders to the stability, then I bought a 4k 32-inch curved display, not ultrawide, but better than before. One advantage is that the stand allows me to position the screen about 10cm closer to me than before. PC is in the process and is needed at this moment as it can only output FullHD which is quite the bottleneck when running a 4k display. When the new PC is there I think I will look into VR, but the eagle-eyed of you will notice the TrackIR on top of the screen, which is a gift from the gods. Further changes are the round Ferrari wheel which I bought and the stand I mounted on the bedframe where my G920 shifter with a custom knob is now. (You can see it behind the wheel left of the Supreme sticker).
Please excuse my cable management, that will hopefully be fixed in the future.
123.jpg

In the attachments is a picture from before, it's not huge progress, but progress nevertheless.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20200317_183756.jpg
    IMG_20200317_183756.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:
What do you like/dislike about the difference?

Truth betold the swap came around because I broke one of our TV's while taking it off the wall mount and the wife went crook about me always buying TV's, So I put the one off my sim rig in the place of the broken one and bought the ultrawide.

Win Win situation, and yeah, she still got upset but not too much and not for long.

That aside, I was very happy with the TV screen overall, But I'm also very happy with the wide screen and 144hz refresh rate. The 4k on the TV screen was stunning but taxing on my system.

The ultra-wide isn't great for use outside of running sims.

• Deleted member 197115

The ultra-wide isn't great for use outside of running sims.
Wish 21:9 were coming in larger than 38" sizes, as those are perfect for all around activities, 32:9 ratio is just plain weird.
And 16:9 with size just gets uncomfortably high.

Wish 21:9 were coming in larger than 38" sizes, as those are perfect for all around activities, 32:9 ratio is just plain weird.
And 16:9 with size just gets uncomfortably high.
I also use a 32:9 49" Samsung. As the width is quite good for simming, the height is only that of a 27" monitor. So, I would second your wish for larger size 21:9 monitors to have more possibilities to also see the dash and rear view mirror. I often have to compromise here.
I would think the height of a 30"-32" monitor would be ideal.

• Deleted member 197115

That's how the biggest 21:9 you can get (38") compares to 32:9 49" (link)
1598941575761.png

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.9%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.2%