Show us your Rig / Cockpit

It looks like a pretty cool Mars Rover simulator....
1622629383365.png

@LMDH nice man cave you got there! Is there a story behind those helmets? Do you race these or are they for display only?
I spotted some interesting looking features:
I was wondering if you implemented a seat fan cooling?
There seem to be larger seat brackets in parallel to the seat and respective brackets. What are those for?
Really cool seat cover! Custom made? The seat itself is wrapped?

Cheers, Rob

@LMDH nice man cave you got there! Is there a story behind those helmets? Do you race these or are they for display only?
I spotted some interesting looking features:
I was wondering if you implemented a seat fan cooling?
There seem to be larger seat brackets in parallel to the seat and respective brackets. What are those for?
Really cool seat cover! Custom made? The seat itself is wrapped?

Cheers, Rob
Hi Rob,

The helmets are design replicas of F1 drivers lids over previous seasons. I had them airbrushed locally.

Yep have seat cooling running from an ac infinity thing I was going to use for some kind of wind sim but repurposed it.

The originally started as a Trakracer I bought from fb marketplace. I then gave it a forged carbon wrap on the back, alcantara with my race number and bought some PORSCHE houndstooth fabric for the centre.

I have the two seat brackets currently as I originally planned on a bottom mount seat but the one I have is a side mount. I actually quite like the look of it now and will be mounting aurasound transducers to the silver brackets later.
IMG_2947.jpg
IMG_3004.jpg
IMG_2902.png
IMG_2672.jpg
IMG_2671.jpg
IMG_2945.jpg

@LMDH Thanks again for sharing. Very straight forward, I like it! :thumbsup:
I guess you did some tests on your seat for the cooling to work well.
I might attempt the same, still not sure about the effectiveness though. Might do some testing on the meshed foam inserts and the lumbar support I placed there before I cut a hole into my bucket seat though. :roflmao:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%